LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Wow. I wonder if some that thought this was a bad extension might now feel differently?

I was okay with paying the man, he is the best back the niners have ever had. This deal just goes to show he is a niner at heart, which only makes it sweeter. Team loyalty is something that is extremely underrated these days. I for one, would have been very upset if this hadn't gotten done. Way to go front office.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Baalke has his s**t together.

He is straight up owning people (literally) in these contracts.
Wow, I'm so impressed. We gave Gore a s**tty deal where the team takes no risk and its all on Gore. Who else is excited we used no cap space in 2011 when we've got tons of it..... f**k corporations (teams) they'll chew u up and spit you out. I dont know why all you guys are so happy, it's not like you're gonna see any of that saved money.....what a joke.

The more I read the contract the more pissed off I get. Is this really the way to treat a player like Gore....the dude puts his body on the line and is on this s**tty team and this is how we pay him??? Give me a break. He would of been better off not getting a deal and just hitting the FA market next year. I hate this cheap ass orginazation....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 2, 2011 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Wow, I'm so impressed. We gave Gore a s**tty deal where the team takes no risk and its all on Gore. Who else is excited we used no cap space in 2011 when we've got tons of it..... f**k corporations (teams) they'll chew u up and spit you out. I dont know why all you guys are so happy, it's not like you're gonna see any of that saved money.....what a joke.

Geez...does someone always need to complain.

This just shows Gore is a 49er thru and thru. He would rather play for his money then just have it handed to him. That alone should have you pumped. This guy is going to play hard this year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

The more I read the contract the more pissed off I get. Is this really the way to treat a player like Gore....the dude puts his body on the line and is on this s**tty team and this is how we pay him??? Give me a break. He would of been better off not getting a deal and just hitting the FA market next year. I hate this cheap ass orginazation....

So would rather have them pay a RB who is no longer productive. Its not about being cheap, its about being smart with your money.

cant believe Im actually defending the Yorks and front office
Originally posted by SportsFan:

This just shows Gore is a 49er thru and thru. He would rather play for his money then just have it handed to him. That alone should have you pumped. This guy is going to play hard this year.

I'm pumped for his love for the game, but it's a stupid move.

Your a big Gore fan right? We'll are you going to be there to help him get out of bed when he's 45? Are you really even gonna give a s**t about him when someone like Hunter comes along in a year or two? I'm in the camp that players should do what's in their best interest, because at the end of the day teams done really care about you, only your prodcution (see. Jerry Rice, Joe Montana).

IMO, the team just royally screwed Gore and all you guys are happy as if it makes any material diffrence that the Yorks saved a buck. I guess Jed will be a little more comfortable order a 500 dollar bottle of wine instead of that cheap 300 dollar stuff....
Originally posted by susweel:

So would rather have them pay a RB who is no longer productive. Its not about being cheap, its about being smart with your money.

Actually dude, for Gore I would.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

why
Originally posted by SportsFan:

I'm pumped for his love for the game, but it's a stupid move.

Your a big Gore fan right? We'll are you going to be there to help him get out of bed when he's 45? Are you really even gonna give a s**t about him when someone like Hunter comes along in a year or two? I'm in the camp that players should do what's in their best interest, because at the end of the day teams done really care about you, only your prodcution (see. Jerry Rice, Joe Montana).

IMO, the team just royally screwed Gore and all you guys are happy as if it makes any material diffrence that the Yorks saved a buck. I guess Jed will be a little more comfortable order a 500 dollar bottle of wine instead of that cheap 300 dollar stuff....

Gore was happy enough with it to sign it. It is his bussines. Why get so upset?
he still gets guaranteed money if he's injured, so that's good. If he breaks his body for the team he should still get compensated, and it sounds like he will. If he just loses his game, then he doesn't get the money. Kind of cruel.

I liked the contract before, and I figured there would be lots of incentives and stuff. I like it more for the 49ers and less for Frank Gore now. I'm surprised how many "incentives" and loopholes and stuff there are; surprised Rosenhaus would agree to it. But I think it does show that Gore wanted to be a Niner for life, and the team got a very friendly deal to make that happen. If Gore stays healthy and productive, everyone wins big time.

why

Because IMO, he should be rewarded for his dedication to the team and what he has brought to the niners.

In addition, thats not even a fair contract. At least give him something fair.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 2, 2011 at 11:47 AM ]

Gore seems happy with the deal. So WTF? He didn't have to sign it if he didn't like it. He's already made about $20 million and stands to make another $10-20 more depending on performance. I fail to see ANY reason to b***h, other than enjoyment.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

why

Because IMO, he should be rewarded for his dedication to the team and what he has brought to the niners.

In addition, thats not even a fair contract. At least give him something fair.

He already has been rewarded by getting paid millions. Also the redid his rookie contract early and gave him a raise. And what has he really brought to the niners, he has never led the team a winning a season.

It must be fair to him if he signed it.

why

Contracts are all about what you did, not what you will do unless you are a rookie or a 32 year-old vet.

Gore has 2 or 3 years at the humph of his career which means 2011-2013 should be 4+ average yards per carry years. His contract is a very "fair" deal for both sides. What will be the most interesting situation will be when he is in his 3rd year of the contract and still within a reasonable age to be a contributor.

Personally, if Hunter show some really good things this year, we trade Gore prior to his contract year.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Gore put his signature on the dotted line. I'm sure Rosenhaus explained the entire contract to him. So if he was willing to sign it, then it's on him. Simple as that.
Share 49ersWebzone