LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 395 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
"Lulz" at all of this.

What is everyone fighting about this time?

i'm fighting for the sake of fighting.

No, Im fighting for the sake of fighting

yeah, but right now, this season, i am a better fighter for the sake of fighting. You were better, like, ten years ago, but you are a fighter for the sake of fighting in serious decline, which is why it was a mistake to give you a five year extension to fight for the sake of fighting. You will not fight for the sake of fighting until the end of that extension because for the sake of fighting I will fight you to the end of it.

Is he still frustrated?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
He never rushed for 1000 yards in a season, he had 1700 yards for his career, lulz

The guy was a 1,000 yard plus rusher for us.

He never rushed for 1000 yards in a season, he had 1700 yards for his career, lulz

1277 combined rushing and receiving yards in 1979 with 9 TD's.

Lulz that

A "1000 yard rusher" is someone who compiled 1000 Rushing Yards.

Yards from Scrimmage are not Rushing Yards, as they combine rushing yards with receiving yards.

So if a players 1000 yards were not solely rushing yards, they were not a "1000 yard rusher."

so: lulz.

"Lulz" at all of this.

What is everyone fighting about this time?

What else? I opened my big mouth, said something wrong, and they promptly stomped all over my grave.

It's what one would expect from a frustrated 49er fan. They didn't even have the nerve to scrape the dog poop off first before stomping.
What else? I opened my big mouth, said something wrong, and they promptly stomped all over my grave.

It's what one would expect from a frustrated 49er fan. They didn't even have the nerve to scrape the dog poop off first before stomping.

I don't condone fighting, it is surely not good for business.

But what is good for business is Kevin Nash jumping off a bridge, I think that would be good for business.
For christ's sake, Chris Johnson could wreck his knee tomorrow too. It's a risk that comes with any big contract. I think barring a catastrophic injury he's got two solid years left, then his value will fall off a cliff. At that point he may have to re-structure to stay on the roster, but we'll see. I do believe it was worth the risk in order to send the right message to the locker room and future free agents around the NFL.

The hand wringing about this deal is ridiculous. They didn't over pay.
Eric_Branch Eric Branch
RT @JasonLaCanfora: Frank Gore's extension could end up 1yr/$6M. No signing bonus and no new 2011 money. From NFL.com: bit.ly/oNs6XO
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Eric_Branch Eric Branch
RT @JasonLaCanfora: Frank Gore's extension could end up 1yr/$6M. No signing bonus and no new 2011 money. From NFL.com: bit.ly/oNs6XO

That would a be a smart move to dump him after that and have Hunter take over.
Originally posted by susweel:
That would a be a smart move to dump him after that and have Hunter take over.

He could still be just as good then. Gore gets dinged up a lot but you wouldn't know it by the way he plays. He seems to back stronger after every injury.

Baalke means business with these contracts. Not overpaying guys. Good deal.
Matt Maiocco
CSNBayArea.com
SAN DIEGO -- Running back Frank Gore wanted a fair deal. And agent Drew Rosenhaus negotiated a contract this week that definitely takes care of the 49ers.Gore got what he wanted -- a contract extension through the 2014 season. And the 49ers got a contract that is virtually risk-free.
A NFL Players Association source with knowledge of the deal told CSNBayArea.com that the reported numbers of the contract were mostly accurate but largely misleading.
The maximum amount of the contract is $21 million with $13.5 million guaranteed over four years. But Gore, 29, must remain healthy and extremely productive to get that money.
Included in the $13.5 million guaranteed is the $4.9 million pay for the upcoming season that Gore was already scheduled to receive. His entire $2 million base salary for 2012 is also guaranteed.
Gore's base salaries of $3.3 million in both 2013 and 2014 are guaranteed against injury only -- not skill. If Gore's talents dropped off and the 49ers decided to part ways with him after 2012, the 49ers would not incur any salary-cap hit in 2013.
And if Gore sustained a catastrophic injury prior before the 2013 season, the 49ers would have to pay only one of the final two years of the "guaranteed money."
The other $7.5 million that Gore can earn during the course of the new contract is tied directly to a roster bonus and production. Gore receives approximately $100,000 for every game he among the 46 players active on regular-season game days.
The remainder of the money, in the neighborhood of $750,000 per season, is contingent on Gore achieving 1,600 yards combined rushing and receiving annually.
The bottom line is that Rosenhaus, who has a reputation as a hard-ball negotiator, seemed to bend over backward to ensure that the contract involves little risk for the 49ers.
Rosenhaus represents six players on the 49ers, including safety Dashon Goldson. Two league sources told CSNBayArea.com that Goldson turned down a five-year, $25 million offer from the 49ers to test the free-agent market. The 49ers removed the offer from the table and signed veteran safety Donte Whitner to a three-year deal. When Goldson received little interest on the free-agent market, the 49ers re-signed Goldson to a one-year, $2 million contract.
Read more: Gore's new contract includes no risks for 49ers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Matt Maiocco
CSNBayArea.com
SAN DIEGO -- Running back Frank Gore wanted a fair deal. And agent Drew Rosenhaus negotiated a contract this week that definitely takes care of the 49ers.Gore got what he wanted -- a contract extension through the 2014 season. And the 49ers got a contract that is virtually risk-free.
A NFL Players Association source with knowledge of the deal told CSNBayArea.com that the reported numbers of the contract were mostly accurate but largely misleading.
The maximum amount of the contract is $21 million with $13.5 million guaranteed over four years. But Gore, 29, must remain healthy and extremely productive to get that money.
Included in the $13.5 million guaranteed is the $4.9 million pay for the upcoming season that Gore was already scheduled to receive. His entire $2 million base salary for 2012 is also guaranteed.
Gore's base salaries of $3.3 million in both 2013 and 2014 are guaranteed against injury only -- not skill. If Gore's talents dropped off and the 49ers decided to part ways with him after 2012, the 49ers would not incur any salary-cap hit in 2013.
And if Gore sustained a catastrophic injury prior before the 2013 season, the 49ers would have to pay only one of the final two years of the "guaranteed money."
The other $7.5 million that Gore can earn during the course of the new contract is tied directly to a roster bonus and production. Gore receives approximately $100,000 for every game he among the 46 players active on regular-season game days.
The remainder of the money, in the neighborhood of $750,000 per season, is contingent on Gore achieving 1,600 yards combined rushing and receiving annually.
The bottom line is that Rosenhaus, who has a reputation as a hard-ball negotiator, seemed to bend over backward to ensure that the contract involves little risk for the 49ers.
Rosenhaus represents six players on the 49ers, including safety Dashon Goldson. Two league sources told CSNBayArea.com that Goldson turned down a five-year, $25 million offer from the 49ers to test the free-agent market. The 49ers removed the offer from the table and signed veteran safety Donte Whitner to a three-year deal. When Goldson received little interest on the free-agent market, the 49ers re-signed Goldson to a one-year, $2 million contract.
Read more: Gore's new contract includes no risks for 49ers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Good contract by Parage (sp) that Stanford education is paying off.
Wow. I wonder if some that thought this was a bad extension might now feel differently?
Ok here are Gore's salaries for 11-14

'11 $7.133M (4.9M Guaranteed)
'12 $4.35M (2M Guaranteed, 1.6M Roster Bonus, has to be on roster's active 46 each week, plus $750K incentives for rushing)
'13 $5.65M (3.3M Guaranteed, again 1.6M and 750K)
'14 $5.65M (Same as above)

The 13.5M Guaranteed are from his 2011 Base and Roster Bonus(4.9M), His 2012 Base(2M), and then 2013 and 2014 base(3.3M Each yr) but like said he needs to keep his productivity up.

So, No cap space used in 2011.

And the 1.6M Roster and 750K are Not fully guaranteed, as he must be on 46 man gameday roster, and needs to reach thre 750k incentive each yr.

Very cap friendly deal.

His 4 yrs add up to $22.783M, the reported 25.9M didnt include his 2.223M left from 2nd deals bonus.

20.55M is base, obviously thats $5.35M off the reported numbers, which of course are always off.
Share 49ersWebzone