There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Originally posted by SportsFan:
They can't not trade Gore. This dude is ready to go off this year. You can just see it in the way he plays. They have to come to some compromise.

Why not? Gore plays every year. He won't make a huge contract if he doesn't play. We could easily not trade him.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We are sitting on a pile of money, so why not? We won't because ownership is cheap, and management is disasterous in taking care of their own. Niners' brass will be offered something fair in compensation, but will probably ask for 15 number one selections. When they don't find a partner, they will be shocked.

I smell Mass E-mail, Part II.

Nice job, Baalke. Way to piss off your best offensive player. Genius strikes again.
This.
Oh man, Baalke better pay the man....
Meh, Gore aint going anywhere. We won't get jack in a trade, and no other team is going to give us picks and hand a 28 yr old RB tons of cash.
I'll be shocked if the 9ers and Gore don't meet somehwere in the middle.
[ Edited by bjghum on Aug 21, 2011 at 1:13 PM ]
We are sitting on a pile of money, so why not? We won't because ownership is cheap, and management is disasterous in taking care of their own. Niners' brass will be offered something fair in compensation, but will probably ask for 15 number one selections. When they don't find a partner, they will be shocked.

Nice job, Baalke. Way to piss off your best offensive player. Genius strikes again.

Yeah ok, since you like to pretend to have a keen insight into what goes on behind closed doors at 4949 Centennial, let me pretend for a second . . .

I assume if we signed Gore to a DeAngelo Williams deal this is what we'd hear from you.

"Unbelievable. Marty Hurney offered a stupid contract to De Angelo Williams so Baalke has to keep up with the Jones by overpaying for a RB coming off hip surgery . Genius strikes again."

Go ahead and deny it.
Originally posted by bjghum:
Meh, Gore aint going anywhere. We won't get jack in a trade, and no other team is going to give us picks and hand a 28 yr old RB tons of cash.
I'll be shocked if the 9ers and Gore meet somehwere in the middle.

Well made point. I think this is all just posturing by the agent.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Signing Gore to a DeAngelo Williams type deal is the equivalent to what we did to Nate Clements, massive overpayment for an over the hill player. Gore would be like if Baalke came it him with a 4 year deal $20Mill deal with $10Mill guaranteed. Hell maybe we'll find a team willing to trade for both Gore and T. Mays lol. The positive stuff I'm suddenly hearing about Xavier Omon kind of makes me think a Dixon, Hunter, Omon backfield could be a reality if we can find a trade partner for Gore. The departure of Gore could also open the door for developing Masoli into a Slash-type player. In the end I would probably be happier if we traded Gore before he left in free agency, I bet he would resign if the market ended up being soft but I think it's time we moved on from him.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Im assuming he won't say anything if Baalke does sign Gore to a fair contract.

I will. At the same time, Team Trent Baalke continues to downplay/ignore his screwup in the Mays mass e-mail (people still laughing about this outside the Bay Area), his drafting of Mays in the first place (even though he was pulling for Jimmy Clausen), the screwup of not signing a difference making free agent, and 50 other issues that make our team less competitive.

This is just another of the many examples of how this guy is completely clueless.

They think Baalke is a genius.

P.S. Now, at some point, the planets will align, and Baalke will get something correct. People will champion his cause as the greatest mind in all of sports, ignoring all his screwups along the way.
What could we even get for Frank?
Can we just give this guy some coloring books already!? I think that'll make him happy.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
What could we even get for Frank?

2nd rounder??
This and the holdout are all a bunch of Drew Rosenhaus nonsense, Frank will get a contract and play for the 49ers until he's done.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Yeah ok, since you like to pretend to have a keen insight into what goes on behind closed doors at 4949 Centennial, let me pretend for a second . . .

I assume if we signed Gore to a DeAngelo Williams deal this is what we'd hear from you.

"Unbelievable. Marty Hurney offered a stupid contract to De Angelo Williams so Baalke has to keep up with the Jones by overpaying for a RB coming off hip surgery . Genius strikes again."

Go ahead and deny it.

this
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Go ahead and deny it.

Originally posted by sfout:
Signing Gore to a DeAngelo Williams type deal is the equivalent to what we did to Nate Clements, massive overpayment for an over the hill player. Gore would be like if Baalke came it him with a 4 year deal $20Mill deal with $10Mill guaranteed. Hell maybe we'll find a team willing to trade for both Gore and T. Mays lol. The positive stuff I'm suddenly hearing about Xavier Omon kind of makes me think a Dixon, Hunter, Omon backfield could be a reality if we can find a trade partner for Gore. The departure of Gore could also open the door for developing Masoli into a Slash-type player. In the end I would probably be happier if we traded Gore before he left in free agency, I bet he would resign if the market ended up being soft but I think it's time we moved on from him.

Gore is over the hill?