LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love Frank Gore and want him to retire a 49er, I really hope we could get something done asap. with that said if we give him a fair deal and doesnt like it....trade him,it hurts saying that
Gore needs to get paid for what he has done for the Niners. With that said...I also thinks he needs to lower his expectations. His guaranteed money isn't going to be as high as D williams. For those that are concerned with his age and injuries...giving Gore what he wants and keeping the Niners best interest isn't that complicated.

1. Large signing bonus to lower his cap hit.
2. Incentives...For playing X amount of games and gaining certain amount of stats.

If Gore plays like he usually does and stay healthy then he will get paid. If he doesn't...then he doesn't get paid that much. In the end...everyone needs to realize that this is a business. Any NFL team is going to do what's best for them..not the player.
Before we even talk about letting Gore go, let's see how Hunter does in some regular season games before we anoint him as the next Roger Craig
I love Gore, he has always been the man. But unfortunate for him there are probably 30-40 RB that could put up 1200 yards if given Franks load of carries. Gore is a winner and better than any short term replacement, but the value of RB getting drafted high has gone down and so has signing old RB with an injury history .
Originally posted by YungAce:
well, we can trade him for chris johnson

Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by YungAce:
well, we can trade him for chris johnson

Or Adrian Peterson (I heard he wants a new contract also).

Or we could just do this
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Just like Gore's "holdout" he will settle. He loves this team too much.
We are sitting on a pile of money, so why not? We won't because ownership is cheap, and management is disasterous in taking care of their own. Niners' brass will be offered something fair in compensation, but will probably ask for 15 number one selections. When they don't find a partner, they will be shocked.

I smell Mass E-mail, Part II.

Nice job, Baalke. Way to piss off your best offensive player. Genius strikes again.
Just heard it from Looney and Mallor on the radio. Not that they know what they're talking about.
Gore is not going anywhere. This is a ploy by the agent. I am suprised MadDog hasn't used this opportunity to bash Baalke yet...
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Gore is not going anywhere. This is a ploy by the agent. I am suprised MadDog hasn't used this opportunity to bash Baalke yet...

Spoke too soon.

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
A 28 year old running back coming off an injury holding out? Please, even though he has been one of the few consistent long term good players of the York era he doesn't have a lot of leverage. We are in a rebuilding mode, this is a 3 year project whether most of you will admit it or not, by the time this team is a contender he will be too old, let him go if he won't honor his contract.

Exactly, by the time we implement the new offense fully, let alone find/develop the best QB we can...it'll be a 2 or 3 year project. A 30 year old runningback is like a 40 year old QB lol.

As much as I hate to say it, gore is a stopgap right now as much as alex smith is a stopgap. They're both just here so that we don't go 0-16 before we've got a chance to develop younger rb/qb's lol. Plus in the meantime whatever advice the young rb's can pick from gore's brain is very valuable, as is watching his work ethic and how he handles himself.

The reason I wouldn't extend him before the season starts is because we've got the chance to test/evaluate the backups against real defenses the first 5 weeks, especially the eagles and cowboys. If hunter shows he can handle a workload and/or dixon shows he can handle 3rd down conversion and redzone work we can move on or just put a 1 year deal on the table for gore and say "take it or leave it". We can easily wait until the BYE to have a better picture of the situation we're in.

uh you might want to check again...
The Great Trent Baalke. A genius living amongst us.

P.S. And with that comment, Trent's mom, sister, wife, and dog log on to defend the Great One.
He just needs to be patient...he'll get rewarded with a nice contract extension. One of the major milestones coming up is the 3 Sep big cut day...I'm pretty sure Harbaugh will want Baalke to sign maybe a vet DL & OL, potentially others. They'll need to spend some of the cap space on those guys...Gore will get his, but it has to be factored into the overall cap picture.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

uh you might want to check again...

lol...
Share 49ersWebzone