LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I will. At the same time, Team Trent Baalke continues to downplay/ignore his screwup in the Mays mass e-mail (people still laughing about this outside the Bay Area), his drafting of Mays in the first place (even though he was pulling for Jimmy Clausen), the screwup of not signing a difference making free agent, and 50 other issues that make our team less competitive.

This is just another of the many examples of how this guy is completely clueless.

They think Baalke is a genius.

P.S. Now, at some point, the planets will align, and Baalke will get something correct. People will champion his cause as the greatest mind in all of sports, ignoring all his screwups along the way.

Your posts are so stupid they are painful to read.
A shame that a former halfway decent poster has turned into a total full-on troll.

I used to read MadDog's posts. Now I just skip over them since I know it's the same troll drivel all the time. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Stick to the draft board bro.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Aug 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
I will. At the same time, Team Trent Baalke continues to downplay/ignore his screwup in the Mays mass e-mail (people still laughing about this outside the Bay Area), his drafting of Mays in the first place (even though he was pulling for Jimmy Clausen), the screwup of not signing a difference making free agent, and 50 other issues that make our team less competitive.

This is just another of the many examples of how this guy is completely clueless.

P.S. Now, at some point, the planets will align, and Baalke will get something correct. People will champion his cause as the greatest mind in all of sports, ignoring all his screwups along the way.

And the worst part is that he thinks he's the most intelligent poster on this site. He's definitely good at the draft board s**t, but I think he's full of himself whenever he posts in Niner Talk.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Yeah ok, since you like to pretend to have a keen insight into what goes on behind closed doors at 4949 Centennial, let me pretend for a second . . .

I assume if we signed Gore to a DeAngelo Williams deal this is what we'd hear from you.

"Unbelievable. Marty Hurney offered a stupid contract to De Angelo Williams so Baalke has to keep up with the Jones by overpaying for a RB coming off hip surgery . Genius strikes again."

Go ahead and deny it.

First, we don't know that Williams' money is going to be the benchmark. It may be. Here is the issue. You work with players in good faith. Obviously, Gore was told that if he came back, the team would make him happy, or he wouldn't have shown up. So, you work with your players in good faith to get something done. Obviously, Gore feels the team has not worked in good faith.

We are dealing with a cheap organization. We have already seen this in free agency (we didn't land a difference-making FA because we went on the cheap), have the 9th largest pool of money still to spend, and have obviously pissed off one of our most loyal and dedicated players.

My premise is this: If you aren't going to play the free agent game correctly, and you still have a mountain of money to play with, why not give your best offensive player the money. In a normal world, I would be hesitant to offer Williams money on Gore's body, but the Niners have been dragging their feet with this contract, and now they have enraged Mr. Niner.

It all comes down to how you deal with your players. Obviously, they don't get how it works.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:

And the worst part is that he thinks he's the most intelligent poster on this site. He's definitely good at the draft board s**t, but I think he's full of himself whenever he posts in Niner Talk.

Is there a way to block certain posters from showing up when I view a thread? I'd like to block him, but not sure how.

If MadDog ran the 49ers:

-Pay Nnamdi 20 mil a year because otherwise you suck if you don't get a "big name FA"

-Pay our beloved, but clearly aging and injury prone RB 20 Deangelo Williams money because DONT WANNA B CHAEP LULLZ

-... Have no money left over for any of our young players or other mid level FAs that could help our team.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
A shame that a former halfway decent poster has turned into a total full-on troll.

I used to read MadDog's posts. Now I just skip over them since I know it's the same troll drivel all the time. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Thank you, Trent's mom.
Give him 10-15 mill guaranteed spread over 3-4 years, and and crazy amounts of incentives in there like pro-bowl, games played, catches, yards, you know stuff that he has to be on the field to accomplish, so if he performs niners win and he wins..... the end
Thank you, Trent's sister.
If MadDog ran the 49ers:

-Pay Nnamdi 20 mil a year because otherwise you suck if you don't get a "big name FA"

-Pay our beloved, but clearly aging and injury prone RB 20 Deangelo Williams money because DONT WANNA B CHAEP LULLZ

-... Have no money left over for any of our young players or other mid level FAs that could help our team.

Thank you, Trent's grandma.

I just don't think people really care as much as you do about the Mays incident. We are all fans of the Niners...we don't pretend like we are a football/front office genius like you do. Seriously though...What did Baalke do to you? Did he sleep with your wife? Does he pee in your fruit loops every morning? Everyone can form their own opinion about how Baalke is handling the job. All you do is troll the forums about how Baalke is an idiot and anyone who disagrees is also an idiot. If you disagree with what people are saying or disagree with how Baalke is handling something...go ahead and add your 2 cents. Just quit acting like an old senile douche about it.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Yeah ok, since you like to pretend to have a keen insight into what goes on behind closed doors at 4949 Centennial, let me pretend for a second . . .

I assume if we signed Gore to a DeAngelo Williams deal this is what we'd hear from you.

"Unbelievable. Marty Hurney offered a stupid contract to De Angelo Williams so Baalke has to keep up with the Jones by overpaying for a RB coming off hip surgery . Genius strikes again."

Go ahead and deny it.

First, we don't know that Williams' money is going to be the benchmark. It may be. Here is the issue. You work with players in good faith. Obviously, Gore was told that if he came back, the team would make him happy, or he wouldn't have shown up. So, you work with your players in good faith to get something done. Obviously, Gore feels the team has not worked in good faith.

We are dealing with a cheap organization. We have already seen this in free agency (we didn't land a difference-making FA because we went on the cheap), have the 9th largest pool of money still to spend, and have obviously pissed off one of our most loyal and dedicated players.

My premise is this: If you aren't going to play the free agent game correctly, and you still have a mountain of money to play with, why not give your best offensive player the money. In a normal world, I would be hesitant to offer Williams money on Gore's body, but the Niners have been dragging their feet with this contract, and now they have enraged Mr. Niner.

It all comes down to how you deal with your players. Obviously, they don't get how it works.

Did you suffer any recent head injuries? Are you still butt-hurt over nnamdi? Dude is getting older and wanted to play for an immediate contender. The 49ers ARE NOT THAT TEAM. The money it would have taken to get him to come here would have been ridiculous. Not worth it, he's just ONE PLAYER. Ask the Steelers how important it is to have a top name CB to win a superbowl.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Thank you, Trent's mom.

Expected response.
he deserves a new contract. but his injury history could scare a new HC from signing him. i say give him a 2yr deal worth about 8 mill per season. that sounds fair for both sides.
If MadDog ran the 49ers:

Thank you, Trent's grandma.

well you sure showed me with that solid argument full of logic and well-made points.
Share 49ersWebzone