LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This not going to end well.

Gore will be given permission to negotiate a contract with a new team but the niners will not like the compensation because no team will offer more then a third pick for him if that. Gore will become a malcontent a play out his contract and leave after the year.

If the niners are smart they deal him now for whatever they can get because no way in hell would I pay him Deanglo Williams money.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Gore is not going anywhere. This is a ploy by the agent. I am suprised MadDog hasn't used this opportunity to bash Baalke yet...

Spoke too soon.

haha! Some are just soooo predictable...
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We are sitting on a pile of money, so why not? We won't because ownership is cheap, and management is disasterous in taking care of their own. Niners' brass will be offered something fair in compensation, but will probably ask for 15 number one selections. When they don't find a partner, they will be shocked.

I smell Mass E-mail, Part II.

Nice job, Baalke. Way to piss off your best offensive player. Genius strikes again.

What a troll, or should I say a "Cohn."
f'n panthers way overpaid for dangelo williams. messed the market up. i love gore, although, the niners can't give him that kind of extension.
Originally posted by susweel:
This not going to end well. Gore will be given permission to negotiate a contract with a new team but the niners will not like the compensation because no team will offer more then a third pick for him if that. Gore will become a malcontent a play out his contract and leave after the year. If the niners are smart they deal him now for whatever they can get because no way in hell would I pay him Deanglo Williams money.
this, if he is fed up let him walk. but trade him to the afc, so we don't have to ever see him. Trade him to the broncos or something.
I would hate to see Gore leave. Been my favorite Niner ever since he joined the team. However, I am not in favor of giving him Deangelo Williams type money; Gore is getting older and is never healthy for a full season. I hope he settles for a 2-3 year deal with a nice signing bonus and a decent guaranteed money number. I still think he has decent trade value, but I'd still rather have us solve this thing and have him back for a few more years.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We are sitting on a pile of money, so why not? We won't because ownership is cheap, and management is disasterous in taking care of their own. Niners' brass will be offered something fair in compensation, but will probably ask for 15 number one selections. When they don't find a partner, they will be shocked.

I smell Mass E-mail, Part II.

Nice job, Baalke. Way to piss off your best offensive player. Genius strikes again.

What a troll, or should I say a "Cohn."

No need for mass email, Schefter already did that for us with his twiddle-dee twiddle-doo tweet
Originally posted by Ajanke:
lol...

Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Gore is not going anywhere. This is a ploy by the agent. I am suprised MadDog hasn't used this opportunity to bash Baalke yet...

uh you might want to check again...

lol...

Im assuming he won't say anything if Baalke does sign Gore to a fair contract.
How about Frank Gore was already signed to one big extension. He's coming off of a season lost to injury, and the team is in transition. The team has obviously offered him something but not "enough" which I still suspect has more to do with his agent. Gore already showed he would fold once and is committed to being a part of this team over money. He's in no position to bargain. We don't have to trade him to anyone and he needs to play to earn a big FA contract. I love frank but this is obviously about trying to eek out some money and the injuries have him concerned he might not make it through the season or might not preform. This is out of character for Frank and obviously influenced by pressure (and sound financial advice) from his agent. However Gore is just in no position to bargain. This is also baseless and it wouldn't suprise me if the agent or some other puppet of the agent put this story out to try and get a bit more leverage.
All the sentimental stuff needs to go. Gore has been a good Niner. But as a business decision, if he wants D. Williams money, no thanks. D. Williams didn't deserve D. Williams money. Don't make the mistake of signing a guy thinking with your heart and in 2 years be pissed off because a guy you signed who is playing 10-12 uneventful games, looking old and playing only because he is getting paid to. By the time he is 30, he will look like he is 40. His skills are already diminishing and I would be sadly disappointed if they re-signed him just because he was a "Good Niner".

Originally posted by sacniner:
f'n panthers way overpaid for dangelo williams. messed the market up. i love gore, although, the niners can't give him that kind of extension.

Totally agree. Gore is not worth the money Williams got. $21 million up front. 5 yr $43 million???

Hell Williams is not worth that
I don't see the big deal in giving him a Williams esque contract. He probally won't make it to the final years of the contract anyways. The last couple years is fluff money. Just like with Nate.

With the vets getting the money rookies used to be making it sure seems like long term contracts are bigger than before. Get him signed and let his last years of productive football be in a Niner jersey.
They can't not trade Gore. This dude is ready to go off this year. You can just see it in the way he plays. They have to come to some compromise.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by drake49er:
Gore needs to get paid for what he has done for the Niners. With that said...I also thinks he needs to lower his expectations. His guaranteed money isn't going to be as high as D williams. For those that are concerned with his age and injuries...giving Gore what he wants and keeping the Niners best interest isn't that complicated.

1. Large signing bonus to lower his cap hit.
2. Incentives...For playing X amount of games and gaining certain amount of stats.

If Gore plays like he usually does and stay healthy then he will get paid. If he doesn't...then he doesn't get paid that much. In the end...everyone needs to realize that this is a business. Any NFL team is going to do what's best for them..not the player.

Since when do we pay guys for stuff they've already done for us? I've heard several people say this and it's just stupid imo. Did we go back and pay montana millions more because of the superbowls he won for us? "thanks bro here's millions of dollars for what you've done for us, it's the least we can do..."
Ownership would fire your ass so quickly. You pay guys for what they can be expected to do for you during that contract, not what they've already done.

The league has changed, not only is this a passing league, but just this last year we had 3 runningbacks emerge as 1000+ yd guys who were undrafted or very late round picks(hillis=7th round, blount and green-ellis were undrafted). Seems like a couple really break out every year given enough carries.
hes gonna play out this year as a 49er whether he gets a new deal or not, hope he gets a new one though but not at some exaggerated terms.
Share 49ersWebzone