LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Janitor:
I'll brb, I'm going to get my pistol so I can blow my brains out. This thread makes me want to scream.

People flip out all offseason because we don't make any big name acquisitions, now all the sudden we want to LET GO of one of the elite RB's in the NFL? Are you serious? So he wants more money, the guy earned it, and we have the cap space! Gore is the all-around package, and you will not find another like him on the market. The new kids look alright so far, but none of them is half of what Frank Gore is.

If Frank doesn't play for us, we should be happy to win 6 games.

He is not worth DeAngelo Williams money. DeAngelo Williams isn't worth DeAngelo Williams money. Gore is not worth crippling the team cap-wise for the next 3 or 4 years, especially given all the question marks at different positions.

If Frank does play for us, we should be happy to win 7 games. Great running backs don't make as big of a difference in the Win/Loss column as some think.
well, we can trade him for chris johnson
Originally posted by YungAce:
well, we can trade him for chris johnson

Or Adrian Peterson (I heard he wants a new contract also).
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I'll brb, I'm going to get my pistol so I can blow my brains out. This thread makes me want to scream.

People flip out all offseason because we don't make any big name acquisitions, now all the sudden we want to LET GO of one of the elite RB's in the NFL? Are you serious? So he wants more money, the guy earned it, and we have the cap space! Gore is the all-around package, and you will not find another like him on the market. The new kids look alright so far, but none of them is half of what Frank Gore is.

He is not worth DeAngelo Williams money. DeAngelo Williams isn't worth DeAngelo Williams money. Gore is not worth crippling the team cap-wise for the next 3 or 4 years, especially given all the question marks at different positions.

If Frank does play for us, we should be happy to win 7 games. Great running backs don't make as big of a difference in the Win/Loss column as some think.

20 million guaranteed over 5 years is not unreasonable, would not cripple the team, and the rest of the contract could be managed in a way to minimize the cost if Gore does not or can not play out that contract.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

I completely disagree. Far too much media attention is based on QB's, hence the inflated view that they carry a team. Only the top 3-4 QB's in the league can win without a competent RB behind them. We don't have a QB that is anywhere near the top, so how exactly do you plan to win without a running back?

I completely disagree. Far too much media attention is based on QB's, hence the inflated view that they carry a team. Only the top 3-4 QB's in the league can win without a competent RB behind them. We don't have a QB that is anywhere near the top, so how exactly do you plan to win without a running back?

people think because we are preseason rushing champs each year we can live without Gore

They saw how well Hunter did vs a top rush defense like Oakland. So now hes expendable to them. All the guys wanting to get rid of Gore are insane. I cant believe all these so called fans hating on Gore. If it wasnt for Gore we wouldnt beat anyone but AZ.
I'm hoping this is just posturing like the holdout was. His agent leaking "information" to the press. Supposedly we heard some pretty seemingly dire news about that too.

I doubt any team is going to give him DeAngelo Williams money. I think it gets worked out before the season starts.
trade him now hes 28 and FRAGILE
Hunter is the future

• BobS
  • Veteran
He's 28 with a history of injuries, including a serious hip injury last season (who breaks their hip when they are 27?), so it will be hard to give Gore the money he wants. Though I like Gore and his elite abilities, RB's are a dime a dozen.

A 28 year old running back coming off an injury holding out? Please, even though he has been one of the few consistent long term good players of the York era he doesn't have a lot of leverage. We are in a rebuilding mode, this is a 3 year project whether most of you will admit it or not, by the time this team is a contender he will be too old, let him go if he won't honor his contract.
  • islam
  • Veteran
Trade Gore and a package of picks to the titans for Chris Johnson....that's a smart football move.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
This is a BS story planted by Rosenhaus to push the negotiations; nothing more. Does Gore deserve a new contract? Heck yeah. Pay the man! But, is Gore so angry and frustrated that he's issuing ultimatums and demanding a trade? I really, really, really doubt that.

Negotiating ploy. Plain and simple.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Lifer:
This is a BS story planted by Rosenhaus to push the negotiations; nothing more. Does Gore deserve a new contract? Heck yeah. Pay the man! But, is Gore so angry and frustrated that he's issuing ultimatums and demanding a trade? I really, really, really doubt that.

I tend to agree. Just a couple weeks ago he ended his "holdout" because he said he loves football too much. Posturing, posturing and more posturing.
Originally posted by Lifer:

I agree. This has Rosenhaus' fingerprints all over it.
Share 49ersWebzone