There are 173 users in the forums

Demarcus Dobbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by pelos21:
What's his size? Isn't he like 6'6 290 or something like that? Perfect 3-4 End size!

6' 2" and 280 lbs... (probably about 5-10 lbs heavier by now)

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I think Dobbs would be picked up by another team before Ian Williams

Yeah, true... I want us to keep both, but of 1 must go to the PS, Dobbs would be the riskier player.

According to 49ers.com he's 6'6 275.

Roster

According to the charts they show during the games in pre-season, he's up to 6-6 280 now.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
According to the charts they show during the games in pre-season, he's up to 6-6 280 now.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64983&draftyear=2011&genpos=DE

I have never known the draft site to have measurements off.
Even better... combine results ----> http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011-nfl-combine-results-defensive-linemen/
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm not excited about Dobbs, because D line is one of our strengths. He wont replace Smith, Soap or RayMac.....I'm glad he'll add depth, but thats all it will be.

At one time, RayMac was D-line DEPTH too. Dobbs making the team for depth purposes cool by me, and come to think of it, with him being an UDFA, makes pretty fcking impressive. JMO. In a 3-4 system, he'll get plenty of rotation time.

Thats a good point. I like Tufukus motor though. If Dobbs plays like that vs 1st and 2nd stringers, I'll begin to get a wood.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64983&draftyear=2011&genpos=DE

I believe these are the indeed correct measurements and the 49ers page is wrong. I was just about to edit, saying that 6-6 is incorrect. NFL.com and Georgia's profile page on him both list Dobbs at 6-2. But the kid has freakishly long arms for being 6-2.

I have to wonder if his sudden success (against the back-ups, however) can be contributed to Jim Tomsula. He is now using his long arms to his advantage. In college he relied more on hustle to make plays.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM ]
I believe these are the indeed correct measurements and the 49ers page is wrong. I was just about to edit, saying that 6-6 is incorrect. NFL.com and Georgia's profile page on him both list Dobbs at 6-2. But the kid has freakishly long arms for being 6-2.

I have to wonder if his sudden success (against the back-ups, however) can be contributed to Jim Tomsula. He is now using his long arms to his advantage. In college he relied more on hustle to make plays.

Tomsula's a f**king badass, so I wouldn't be surprised.
This kid has been a huge surprise this preseason. I really hope we don't try and risk him clearing waivers. There is no way he clears waivers. He will be picked up fast!
Originally posted by backontop:
This kid has been a huge surprise this preseason. I really hope we don't try and risk him clearing waivers. There is no way he clears waivers. He will be picked up fast!

the depth on the D line really isn't that great, he should be pretty safe to make the roster
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Love having Tomsula as a DL Coach. The guy really freaking knows his stuff, and he definitely knows how to help develop young linemen. Was both ecstatic and really not too surprised to see Harbaugh keep him on. It's pretty clear he has been one of if not the best position coach we've had in a long, long time.

Love having Tomsula as a DL Coach. The guy really freaking knows his stuff, and he definitely knows how to help develop young linemen. Was both ecstatic and really not too surprised to see Harbaugh keep him on. It's pretty clear he has been one of if not the best position coach we've had in a long, long time.

i wish all of our position coaches were as good.

I wish we had an OLine coach that was half as good as Tomsula. Then maybe our QB could actually finish dropping back without being hit.

I wish we had an OLine coach that was half as good as Tomsula. Then maybe our QB could actually finish dropping back without being hit.

Maybe if Alex texted Solari more often, he would coach better.

I blame Alex

Today I was looking up OLinemen from around the NFL and a teams official site had a position incorrectly stated (can't remember the team). This time of year they don't care. After final cuts they will clean up some of this stuff. I've even heard that some agents lie about their clients' stats...hmmm, as unlikely as that may be.

You just don't get it do you? Solari is so busy responding to Alex he has no time to coach!
Share 49ersWebzone