There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Demarcus Dobbs

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Read article and they're right, too risky if Dobbs was to be released and put on PS. I think this guy finally makes the roster. Too much good highlight film to prove that he's legit. Love reading about guys like this who play their heart out in preseason and make the team, waaay better than all those articles out there of high profile players complaining and holding out for more $$$$.

He has definitely earned a roster spot, he never looked this good in college.
Dobb's has given the coaches a reason to make this team every single week. I will be shocked if he isn't on the team and he seems to have so much potential. If he can put on some muscle by next year look out.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by VA49er:
Dobb's has given the coaches a reason to make this team every single week. I will be shocked if he isn't on the team and he seems to have so much potential. If he can put on some muscle by next year look out.

Dobbs looks pretty big on TV, but they list him at 275 pounds. I think that's pretty slim for a player that's 6'6".
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Dobbs looks pretty big on TV, but they list him at 275 pounds. I think that's pretty slim for a player that's 6'6".

He's 6'2"...the niner's site is wrong. He had a pro-day and was at the combine: both listed him at 6'2"
As if there was any doubt, last night sealed the deal...he'll be on the 53-man roster. He showed the willingness to do the dirty work so Aldon could get his sacks. That's teamwork...and very impressive for a rookie to do that so his teammate could shine. If he puts on another 10-15 lbs of muscle, he'll really become a force, exactly what the DL needed.
meh...i'll be only impressed if they make a movie about his life...

You got island blood in you, so I think your a little bias....

It's like when I visit with my wifes side of the family, they always tell me how slim I am (5'7-220lbs)....lol
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

You got island blood in you, so I think your a little bias....

It's like when I visit with my wifes side of the family, they always tell me how slim I am (5'7-220lbs)....lol
You are slim....
I wonder how much of his success can be attibuted to Tomsula. It seems to me that the D-line play has always been pretty good since he's been here.
Originally posted by The_Distort:
I wonder how much of his success can be attibuted to Tomsula. It seems to me that the D-line play has always been pretty good since he's been here.

A lot! Considering our front 7 has been our strong suit for several years now. It was Manusky's 'stop the run, not the pass' scheme that limited this defense. And having a guy like Tomsula who all the players really like is key for them to play harder for him. I'm glad we have him for sure! and if Fangio goes elsewhere (for whatever reason) I would promote Tomsula to DC in a heartbeat.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I would bet you 100 tacos that if Dobbs made the plays he's making during the regular season, he'd be holding out for more $ in a heart beat.

Where in the hell does this remark come from?

I see nothing, absolutely nothing, that justifies your claim.

Your remarks defame this young kid.

If you can not substantiate them, you should just shut your mouth.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 2, 2011 at 4:54 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
under Baalke, we seem to do pretty well with late round picks and UDFAs.

Now, if we could make him brush up a little better on the 1st, 2nd, 3d, and 4th rounds (where most of our money is being spent BTW), he might turn into a good GM.

Baalke has had undisputed control of the player personal for one year--2011.

Given that we do not have inside information, It seems illogical to assume that he was responsible, either positively or negatively, for any picks before 2011.

In short, our view of Baalke, should be based upon what he has done this year and what he does in the future.

My initial take on Baalke is positive, but he needs to prove his worth over time.

At this point it seems foolish to either laud or condemn him. But, alas there seems to be a number of fools willing to condemn him.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
under Baalke, we seem to do pretty well with late round picks and UDFAs.

Now, if we could make him brush up a little better on the 1st, 2nd, 3d, and 4th rounds (where most of our money is being spent BTW), he might turn into a good GM.

Jury is still out on Anthony Davis. Iupati, Aldon Smith, Hunter is looking promising. Mays was a wasted pick. Bowman is looking real good. Culliver, not sure.

Overall, he has a B- in my book for those picks. From the looks of it right now, things really hinges on Davis.
Originally posted by buck:
Baalke has had undisputed control of the player personal for one year--2011.

Given that we do not have inside information, It seems illogical to assume that he was responsible, either positively or negatively, for any picks before 2011.

In short, our view of Baalke, should be based upon what he has done this year and what he does in the future.

My initial take on Baalke is positive, but he needs to prove his worth over time.

At this point it seems foolish to either laud or condemn him. But, alas there seems to be a number of fools willing to condemn him.

Agreed, one year could be luck, two could be coincidence, but three is a trend.
I'm rooting for this kid! He plays hard every down!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home