LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I think he was surprised to hear the media naming a starter for the team already.

Well as I recall, this was not sudden headline news... so it just yet again points to a player "not plugged in" to what his team has been doing. It's offensive. It's aloof... and more offensive. I personally want my top pick WR paying attention to every scrap of team news. Is that so wrong?

I don't think Crabtree was completely unaware of what the team was doing, or had zero contact with the team. Something like this clearly boils down to personal opinion -- and I'm referring to fans -- because while some like yourself may perceive this as him not making every effort possible to essentially check non-stop for Niner-related news, and see this as an offensive act if he wasn't, others like me are completely unoffended by this, especially considering that he -- unlike many of our other players -- actually did come out to the camp to try to get some work in. Those other players didn't get ridiculed because of either their star status, "don't care" status, or just simple "fan love." It's a double-standard and unfair, and if there's anything to be found offensive, it's that.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 27, 2011 at 11:34 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Chief:
100% Crabtree fan right here.

I'm in, I think this is a case of media hyping something that is based on opinion to fuel the fires of the media machine.
Okay I will bite.
1 Held out all of training and even missed 5 games for the same deal he would have (felt entitled to getting more money then his draft slot)
2 Missed all of training camp with a lame injury that even teammates (VD) questioned
3 Missing camp again for another injury
add to the fact he doesn't really want to be a niner.
um he's a douche and hopefully we can get something decent back in trade.

I agreed up until you said "add to the fact he doesn't really want to be a niner." I dont know where you heard that? Ive never found evidence to that, that said it was fact, even though I tend to wonder that as well, however I am not going to assume that this is true baste on speculation just bacause he is a douche
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:

That's a thing of beauty. Imagine him making those moves after a 8-12 yard slant...

Got caught from behind. No break away speed
lol no break away speed? he mad like 3 different moves before trying to break away of course he was caught from behind lol when you have to dance around like he did just to get away from two defenders lol
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:

That's a thing of beauty. Imagine him making those moves after a 8-12 yard slant...

Got caught from behind. No break away speed
lol no break away speed? he mad like 3 different moves before trying to break away of course he was caught from behind lol when you have to dance around like he did just to get away from two defenders lol

He was being sarcastic.
Share 49ersWebzone