There are 159 users in the forums

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
49ers San Francisco 49ers
Harbaugh said Crabtree has been "outstanding" in meetings. "His knowledge of what we're trying to do is very good."
Well Harbaugh ain't Nolan, he doesn't throw players under the bus in the press. Even with Mays. So whatever JH says about a player has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Originally posted by 228niner:
Yea I think he is just shy and quiet off field, people have diff personas, crabtree is a pass catching, celebrating noise talker on the field, but off the field just quiet and reserved, I see nothing wrong with that

Problem is Crabtree has been quiet on the field as well Despite our QB problems, he doesn't really try to make a play on the ball and has been known to shall we say short arm it. If Bralon Edwards works out like gangbusters, don't be surprised if we resign Edwards then trade Crabtree after this season.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Problem is Crabtree has been quiet on the field as well Despite our QB problems, he doesn't really try to make a play on the ball and has been known to shall we say short arm it. If Bralon Edwards works out like gangbusters, don't be surprised if we resign Edwards then trade Crabtree after this season.

[insert gif of Crabtree TD against Arizona where he makes a play on the ball by long-arming it]
The only valid criticisms there are of Crabtree: (1) he had an overinflated view of his worth his rookie year; (2) his foot is made of glass. That's it. Just because he's not the greatest with PR doesn't mean he's not a hard worker or a diva or whatever. He has a great amount of talent and if he stays healthy he'll live up to his draft stock.

Marvin Harrison was one of the greatest receivers in the game and he was never great with the media nor did he ever get particularly excited. I realize he is also not the greatest example because there is reason to believe he murdered someone. But at least he was not a diva, just a murderer.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Why people hate on crabtree is perception. It also doesn't help that he has done nothing to dispell them. Long hold out and missing TC because of injuries doesn't help. Still, does he do just enough or go beyond to show that he wants to excel-being a #1 pick -more is expected of you. We have had great WR and even when injured they have done more-how shall I say it...to be a student of the game. He has not shown it. If he did-the coaches would have said so like they have with guys like Patrick Willis. Even when injured-you heard how coaches and players talked about how Patrick was itchin' to get in there or how he occupied himself and prepped himself so that when the time comes he would be ready. You don't hear that about Crabtree. Because of this, he comes across as waiting for things to come to him rather than siezing the moment and grabbing it by the throat.

Perception is key issue that gets fans riled. Some will excuse it as "he's just young". But a lot of us normal folks knew we had to toe the line, try extra hard to fit in & be accepted, be gracious, & willing to accept criticism in our first jobs. Many of us understood this at a young age, for peanuts as pay I might add. When we see someone who wins the "life lottery" as far as career, not much sympathy from fans when that person doesn't go out of their way to show humility. Especially in a sh*tty economy where much smarter people are struggling to find good jobs.

It is neither her nor there as for playing the game, but I think that is pretty much the reason why a lot of fans don't like this dude at all IMHO.
49ersCBSSports Michael Erler by grantcohn
Big news: Saw A.Smith and M.Crabtree chatting amicably at their lockers. They're one stall away from each other with T.Brock in between.

CHAMPIONSHIP
Crabtree is a beast on gameday, he's only gonna get better especially in this offense. The 49ers would be absolutely crazy if they traded him. Now that we have Braylon and if he put up big numbers the way he can then you have to sign these guys to long term deals.
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
The only valid criticisms there are of Crabtree: (1) he had an overinflated view of his worth his rookie year; (2) his foot is made of glass. That's it. Just because he's not the greatest with PR doesn't mean he's not a hard worker or a diva or whatever. He has a great amount of talent and if he stays healthy he'll live up to his draft stock.

Marvin Harrison was one of the greatest receivers in the game and he was never great with the media nor did he ever get particularly excited. I realize he is also not the greatest example because there is reason to believe he murdered someone. But at least he was not a diva, just a murderer.

Please explain last season when he practiced but when it came to preseason games, he would say he didn't feel right and not play. I guess Vernon Davis was the only person who saw him acting like a person acts when they think they are above something.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Please explain last season when he practiced but when it came to preseason games, he would say he didn't feel right and not play. I guess Vernon Davis was the only person who saw him acting like a person acts when they think they are above something.

You mean his neck injury? He didn't practice at full speed until the end of August if I recall. The coaches scratched him, it's not like he scratched himself.
Crabtree will be a beast this year learning from Braylon. braylon is the first legit receiver hes had to learn from thats in his prime. he was inserted into the 1 spot as soon as he came in from his holdout, being the 2 will motivate him and braylon has a great attitude. VD can also help him if crabs stays on his good side lol

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Crabtree will be a beast this year learning from Braylon. braylon is the first legit receiver hes had to learn from thats in his prime. he was inserted into the 1 spot as soon as he came in from his holdout, being the 2 will motivate him and braylon has a great attitude. VD can also help him if crabs stays on his good side lol

people are acting like braylon has actually done something. He hasn't really done anything in his career, its not like crabtree is getting advice from Jerry rice.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

people are acting like braylon has actually done something. He hasn't really done anything in his career, its not like crabtree is getting advice from Jerry rice.
no hes getting advice from a guy whos made the probowl, been one game away from the superbowl twice and has been on both good and bad teams. he must not know anything about the NFL just because hes not jerry rice doesnt mean hes not a good guy to learn from. last time i checked all the great receivers dont have one on one lessons with jerry rice...
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Just watching Braylon Play it is obvious that he is a different breed of receiver than the 49ers have had for years. He has suffered from poor QB play, and still put up some pretty respectable numbers. The year that he had a pro-bowl level QB he put up ridiculous numbers and was one of the top 5 dominant receivers in the league. Crabtree is much more suited to a 2nd WR (or 1A role if you must). Braylon, if he can keep his head straight, is a #1.
[ Edited by dtcomposer on Aug 25, 2011 at 2:53 PM ]
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by Joecool:

You mean his neck injury? He didn't practice at full speed until the end of August if I recall. The coaches scratched him, it's not like he scratched himself.
It was quoted that they asked him how he felt prior to each game once he started practice and he wasn't practicing at half speed. His "neck injury" only put him a week out of practice. I guess it must have healed all of sudden once preseason ended.
Because of the way he carries himself. He mopes around like a little b***h. Acts like he doesn't want to be a Niner. He wants to be a Cowboy so bad he injured his foot playing around in Tony Romo's ass.
Share 49ersWebzone