There are 148 users in the forums

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
Okay I will bite.

1 Held out all of training and even missed 5 games for the same deal he would have (felt entitled to getting more money then his draft slot)
2 Missed all of training camp with a lame injury that even teammates (VD) questioned
3 Missing camp again for another injury

add to the fact he doesn't really want to be a niner.

um he's a douche and hopefully we can get something decent back in trade.

the only actual facts you've stated is that he missed preseason and tc. everything else is speculation.

Thats enough for me.

The VD fight is not speculation.

the ACTUAL reason why they fought was speculation. Vernon Davis got into a ton of spats with teammates early on as well, yet its still Crabtree's fault.

Okay dude Crabdouche is a great teammate, hard worker, super fast, and never drops a pass.
He doesn't act as though he enjoys being a Niner. He is aloof and separate. He doesn't appear to work hard and seems to have a me first attitude. He seemingly always has an injury when there aren't real games being played, but is magically 100% when the real bullets do fly. He doesn't seem like a team guy.

These are the perceptions, reality or not (although some might say perception is reality in a sense) , that have Niner fans soured on Crabtree. I for 1 believe he is outta here the 1st opportunity he gets.
I don't hate him just VERY disappointed. That said - that's yesterday's news.

THIS season, IMO, he really needs to step it up and become a difference maker a number 10 draft pick should be. I want him to succeed and I feel it is Put up or Shut Up time for MCrabtree.

If he can't produce get someone who can - that's how we will win a SBowl.
why not?

these phrases or words come to mind:

malingering
lack of physical and mental toughness
lack of work ethic

the perception is there - accurate or not.
  • Jiks
his teammates constantly say he puts in the effort and they all get a long with him. but according to the writers and fans he's a troublemaker whos isolated. so until the coaches and teammates turn on him, ill take their word for it.

As I said I don't hate the guy. I don't hate on any of the 49ers players, but I do think that his biggest downfall. I believe Crabtree can be a spectacular reciever, but when you don't get time in with your QB, you can't expect everything to fit right. Last season Alex and Crabtree were on the wrong page on quite a few attempts. I personally believe this had to do with lack of timing, and a lack of off-season.
My argument however is that he HAS PRODUCED about as well as can be expected. The guy is talented but we still have GORE as option #1 and Vernon as option #2. Crabtree normally makes plays when given the chance. Could he improve with better chemistry and by avoiding injuries ofcourse but I don't understand turning on the kid this soon. It's not like he's sucked because he hasnt. He's made tons of plays in his early career playing for a bad offensive team. Alex Smith threw for 2,300 yards last year .. what exactly are people expecting # wise from him in the offenses we've had the last 2 years?
Originally posted by valrod33:

That's a thing of beauty. Imagine him making those moves after a 8-12 yard slant...

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:

That's a thing of beauty. Imagine him making those moves after a 8-12 yard slant...

Got caught from behind. No break away speed
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Okay I will bite.

1 Held out all of training and even missed 5 games for the same deal he would have (felt entitled to getting more money then his draft slot)
2 Missed all of training camp with a lame injury that even teammates (VD) questioned
3 Missing camp again for another injury

add to the fact he doesn't really want to be a niner.

um he's a douche and hopefully we can get something decent back in trade.
Thats all that needs to be said. Every one of your points is spot on.
Much love to all my fellow Niner nation but the man injured his neck last year and his foot this year. You absolutely cannot play football with an injured neck or foot. He missed practice time which sucks but not his fault. And I've never heard Barrows or Maaico or anyone say he doesnt work hard or lacks physical toughness. I think people make up things from time to time or just tag along with what someone else makes up ... My opinion is that he can be a great receiver and his on-field performance thus far has not changed that for me.
i think people hate on him because he seems like hes not trying that hard. this is his 3rd year and he has yet to play in a preseason game. which then affects the team at the beginning of the season. i think it all started when he missed 5 games his rookie year. he got the diva label. i dont want him traded at all. once we get consistent QB play things will change for him.
Share 49ersWebzone