There are 198 users in the forums

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Everytime I see a big play from the niners I always see crabtree busting his ass downfield to block for his teammates. He is always smiling on the field. I don't care that he doesn't talk with the media. He keeps to himself which is fine.

You can't fake injuries in the NFL with the money these teams have invested in these players you better believe they do thorough checks when a player has an injury.

Crabtree has done nothing wrong to get the hate he gets on this board

It is ridiculous, some people are ridiculous with all the talk about him not wanting to be here. Personally, I look forward to having him out there opposite Edwards, one of them is going to get single coverage. With all the weapons this offense has, it is gonna give opposing DCs headaches, cannot wait to see it.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Aug 25, 2011 at 7:24 AM ]
soon as crabtree becomes a freeagent hes gonna bounce from here. I have a feeling he's another singletary pick
Originally posted by zainladha:
soon as crabtree becomes a freeagent hes gonna bounce from here. I have a feeling he's another singletary pick

What makes you think that? I don't buy that at all.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Haters gonna hate me

BOSS
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I don't know about hate, but it is only natural to have suspicion about a guy who was hyped up so much, but has shown up so little.

Who you talking about Smith,Edwards or Crabtree?

This thread is about Michael Crabtree, is it not?
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
BOSS

Mitts Crabtree. Not sure I have ever seen hands that can snatch the ball like that.

Could be a great one still. Right now, I got him labeled as a p***y though....too much p***y s**t out of him and not enough whoop ass. Produce f**ker, because I am still waiting.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Haters gonna hate me

BOSS

Check and Mate.

Oh the possibilities this year
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
What makes you think that? I don't buy that at all.

The hold out, his mannerisms, his dodging the media, the obvious unhappiness, the lack of excitment that most 1st rounders display when they are drafted unless drafted by a team they don't want to play for, body language, etc, etc
Is this guy goin to be ready for week 1?
  • dj43
Crabtree has done some things that have created a great deal of dislike for him, however, most of them are the result of immaturity and/or bad advice.

He is going to need a good bit of practice time to polish his routes and get his timing down. Still, his presence on the field will upgrade the defenses respect for the passing game...unless they find out he is soft.

In the end, he has to produce if he is to quiet this critics.

Q: Any indication that Crabtree is learning anything from Edwards? Seems like Braylon's setting a good example so far. (@jrl1224)
My answer: Yes, Edwards is setting an example that it's never a bad thing for a receiver and quarterback to foster a strong working relationship.
Michael Crabtree is difficult to read, but I've never heard anyone criticize his work habits or preparation. However, I think it's fair to say that he did not go out of his way to spend extra time with Smith in their first two seasons together.
But, perhaps, it can also be said that Smith never pressed the issue and built the kind of rapport and trust with Crabtree that could have helped both of them.
For their first two seasons together, the lockers of Smith and Crabtree were on other sides of the room. Is it any coincidence that under the new locker room configuration that Smith and Crabtree are separated by just one locker (cornerback Tramaine Brock) and Edwards is two lockers down from Crabtree?
http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/25/11/49ers-Mailbag-What-Crabtree-can-learn-fr/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=554104&feedID=5936
  • dj43
Q: Any indication that Crabtree is learning anything from Edwards? Seems like Braylon's setting a good example so far. (@jrl1224)
My answer: Yes, Edwards is setting an example that it's never a bad thing for a receiver and quarterback to foster a strong working relationship.
Michael Crabtree is difficult to read, but I've never heard anyone criticize his work habits or preparation. However, I think it's fair to say that he did not go out of his way to spend extra time with Smith in their first two seasons together.
But, perhaps, it can also be said that Smith never pressed the issue and built the kind of rapport and trust with Crabtree that could have helped both of them.
For their first two seasons together, the lockers of Smith and Crabtree were on other sides of the room. Is it any coincidence that under the new locker room configuration that Smith and Crabtree are separated by just one locker (cornerback Tramaine Brock) and Edwards is two lockers down from Crabtree?
http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/25/11/49ers-Mailbag-What-Crabtree-can-learn-fr/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=554104&feedID=5936

I like the way the lockers are set up. Mixing O and D is a good team idea.

Little things often make a big difference.
Joe Staley is Crabtree's roommate in training camp and Staley had nothing but positive things to say about him on KNBR.

He basically said that he never understood where Michael got his bad reputation from.

Hopefully Crabtree doesn't suffer the same fate as Haley, Watters, and Owens. All talented players who left SF way too early.
Originally posted by Hollywood:
The hold out, his mannerisms, his dodging the media, the obvious unhappiness, the lack of excitment that most 1st rounders display when they are drafted unless drafted by a team they don't want to play for, body language, etc, etc

The hold out was about money, not where he was going to play, his mannerisms look to me like he is a shy individual, as does his dodging the media. Obvious unhappiness? I haven't seen him crying or heard anything about him moping about. I really can't blame him for not being excited about playing on a Mike Singletary coached team. I am no expert on body language, but I happen to know one, maybe I will ask her to take a look at some film on him and get an experts opinion on that and get back to you. Until then, let's not dog on a player with a legit injury based on speculation from amateurs.
I'm ready for Crabtree to get back! I'm ready to whip out the 15 jersey!!
Share 49ersWebzone