There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many points do the 49ers need to score this weekend to change your opinon?

How many points do the 49ers need to score this weekend to change your opinon?

does it matter?
I would like to see around 21 pts, because that would mean that we our offense, special teams, or defense is doing some good things. People say that it doesnt matter, but im sure many would not say that if we came out and scored just a field goal. I don't care if its preseason. I want to see a lot of points on offense because i know our defense will do its job. I want the Raiders to get their ass handed to them!

Go Niners!!
I would need them score 70 points. Alex Smith's stat line MUST be, minimally, 35 of 35 passing for 485 yards and 7 touchdowns in the first quarter or my opinion of him will not change. On at least one of the scoring drives, Chilo Rachael MUST pancake the entire Raiders D-Line by himself on every play of the drive or my opinion of him will not change. Anthony Davis and Iupati MUST play an entire quarter without once knocking into each other haphazardly and ruining the designed scheme of the play or my opinion of them will not change.
i just want them to look organized
If opinions are so fickle to change over results from 1 preseason game, then they are unworthy opinions.
Originally posted by midrdan:
I would need them score 70 points. Alex Smith's stat line MUST be, minimally, 35 of 35 passing for 485 yards and 7 touchdowns in the first quarter or my opinion of him will not change. On at least one of the scoring drives, Chilo Rachael MUST pancake the entire Raiders D-Line by himself on every play of the drive or my opinion of him will not change. Anthony Davis and Iupati MUST play an entire quarter without once knocking into each other haphazardly and ruining the designed scheme of the play or my opinion of them will not change.

You ask the impossible out of those two. Everything else above that is realistic.
Well i think id like to see who scores against the Raiders first team D. Whether it be Smith if he is the starter, or Kap. I like to watch the entire game, cuz im a 49er fan, and i love the game. But if all Kap's scoring is against the teams 2nd and 3rd string D, then i really wont be that impressed.
I would like to see Smith put up numbers anywhere close to what Colt McCoy did in wk1.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
It is how many point they score with the 1st team offense that matters, who cares what the scrubs do in the second half.
I take my answer back. I want to see some serious points being dropped on the Raiders. We can lose every pre-season game 50-0...EXCEPT this one.
Points dont matter to me. Would be nice to see their offense not look so incredibly clueless as last week.
They can't change my opionion.

I don't really know about "changing my opinion". My opinion is that we didn't play well last week and that I want to see improvement this week. How much that translates to points......

I guess, to put a number to it, I'd like to see the starting offense score around 6-10 points(figuring they play the 1st Q). Two field goals would be 2 scoring drives, a touchdown would be preferred, and a TD plus a FG would be a great indicator of real progress.

5 safeties would be silly. Or the Raiders. Whichever.
I swear this is Pre season.....no matter what happens this wekend my opinion on the team isnt going to be accurate until after week 2 of the regular season......
Originally posted by ninersporvida:
if the preseason doesn't mean anything, then why after the loss to the Saints has everyone freakin out on our O-Line / QB situation?

Because this is Whiner talk... DUH!....