LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

How many points do the 49ers need to score this weekend to change your opinon?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many points do the 49ers need to score this weekend to change your opinon?

I just need to see our first team offense drive down the field and score one touchdown.
[ Edited by insanemike27 on Aug 16, 2011 at 11:24 AM ]
I want to see Alex Smith hit a receiver on a crossing route in stride so he has a chance to turn up field and get some YAC. That is all.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
I just need to see our first team offense drive down the field and score one touchdown.

This needs to happen, but still I'd like to see overall better O-Line protection.
I wanna see some better pass protection
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
None. It's the preseason. It doesn't matter.
My opinion is already set. It's preseason! Laying an egg in the opener against the Saints and scoring 60 points against the Raiders mean the same thing, nothing! I don't look too much into preseason at all. As long as they are finding their weaknesses and improving upon them, that is what preseason is all about. Score is meaningless.
Id wouldnt mind 21 points or even if we lost. If only the OL didnt give up any more than 3 sacks the enitre game. Anymore than 3 sacks JH and Baalke need to forget about 3rd QB and fix the fking OL.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
It's the preseason.

Exactly who the **** cares about points
This is the most irrelevant post in a long time...probably an hour to two for the WZ. It doesn't matter if the Niners post 40 second half points with guys who will be working Aisle 5 at Home Depot in 3 weeks. It is about how well the first team offense functions.

Plus, it is preseason. Do you honestly think the coaching staff is going to give away the playbook in meaningless games? You are going to see a vey vanilla offense until the regular season begins.

THE O.LINE JUST NEEDS TO SHOW UP............
Noobish thread...

It doesn't matter. We aren't playing to win. We are playing to evaluate plays and personnel.
Originally posted by aman49:
Noobish thread...

It doesn't matter. We aren't playing to win. We are playing to evaluate plays and personnel.

+1

I just dont wanna see the same mistakes... they can make new types of mistakes, just show the ability to learn from the old ones and thats all one can ask from preseason.
It's not about points or stats.

It's about me using my eyes and seeing 1st string players look they know what they're doing, and doing it well against competition.

3rd string guys getting some fluke big play TDs isn't going to mean anything, even they put up 40+ points.
so when our offense fails to gain a first down, who cares. It's only preseason.
Share 49ersWebzone