LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

How many points do the 49ers need to score this weekend to change your opinon?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many points do the 49ers need to score this weekend to change your opinon?

With the weekend coming up I feel that the only way to change the direction the team is going would be to put up as much points against the Raiders as possible
I want to see improvement in our pass protection and for Alex to sustain a couple of drives
It's the preseason.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I want to see improvement in our pass protection and for Alex to sustain a couple of drives

I agree, but the drives must not be 59 yard field goals .... they need to be touchdowns
I don't need to see them score a lot of points I need to see the o line pick up basic blitzes, and I need to see some competent qb play from the starter.
if the preseason doesn't mean anything, then why after the loss to the Saints has everyone freakin out on our O-Line / QB situation?
Originally posted by lamontb:
I don't need to see them score a lot of points I need to see the o line pick up basic blitzes, and I need to see some competent qb play from the starter.

which then would equal into points
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
For the first team to have a scoring drive. That is all I need.
My opinion hasn't changed. New everything takes time. Anyone who thinks this will be a quick turn-around is mistaken. Our team had been mis-managed for years and it isn't going to turn around inhalf a training camp and 4 exhibition games.

As long as it gets better every week, I'm thinking by midway through the season is when it will start to really click and everyone will take notice.
"10" lol

I could care less on how many points we score in these preseason games.

Just oline improvement even if its baby steps or lineup shuffle.

People not making same mental mistakes.

Qb's going thru proper progression and making the correct decision, even if the timing is off.
Originally posted by valrod33:

"sustain" is the key word...in order to sustain anything, everything must be working and on the same page...from the snap to blocking and blitz pick up to route running and gettng the ball out on target and in time...
I don't care anything about points scored. The only ones that do are the same people over-reacting and freaking out over last weeks loss.
Originally posted by Hollywood:
I don't care anything about points scored. The only ones that do are the same people over-reacting and freaking out over last weeks loss.

so you're okay with our first team O not being able to score? Are you okay with constant 3 and outs?
  • dj43
I just need to see some progress by the OL. If that happens the rest will take care of itself.

I also need to see the routes cleaned up. That one pass last Friday with Walker and Davis in the same area should not have happened. Harbaugh spent extra time with Vernon on Sunday teaching him how to run routes. This is basic stuff that should have been worked out three years ago but still remained unlearned.

This is going to take some time guys. Some here do not seem to have any idea how many changes and new things are involved. There is a TON of things that need to be fixed on this team. It is going to be an ongoing process that will last into the regular season. No way JH fixes it all in the next two weeks. Not going to happen. So let's all chill and watch what he can do.
Share 49ersWebzone