There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many points do the 49ers need to score this weekend to change your opinon?

How many points do the 49ers need to score this weekend to change your opinon?

Originally posted by ninersporvida:
if the preseason doesn't mean anything, then why after the loss to the Saints has everyone freakin out on our O-Line / QB situation?

I'm not freakin out.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
I just need to see some progress by the OL. If that happens the rest will take care of itself.

I also need to see the routes cleaned up. That one pass last Friday with Walker and Davis in the same area should not have happened. Harbaugh spent extra time with Vernon on Sunday teaching him how to run routes. This is basic stuff that should have been worked out three years ago but still remained unlearned.

This is going to take some time guys. Some here do not seem to have any idea how many changes and new things are involved. There is a TON of things that need to be fixed on this team. It is going to be an ongoing process that will last into the regular season. No way JH fixes it all in the next two weeks. Not going to happen. So let's all chill and watch what he can do.

I was watching the game on a s**tty stream on my s**tty laptop. Was i trippin or did I see Moran Norris out there lined up at WR?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I just need to see some progress by the OL. If that happens the rest will take care of itself.

I also need to see the routes cleaned up. That one pass last Friday with Walker and Davis in the same area should not have happened. Harbaugh spent extra time with Vernon on Sunday teaching him how to run routes. This is basic stuff that should have been worked out three years ago but still remained unlearned.

This is going to take some time guys. Some here do not seem to have any idea how many changes and new things are involved. There is a TON of things that need to be fixed on this team. It is going to be an ongoing process that will last into the regular season. No way JH fixes it all in the next two weeks. Not going to happen. So let's all chill and watch what he can do.

I was watching the game on a s**tty stream on my s**tty laptop. Was i trippin or did I see Moran Norris out there lined up at WR?

I didn't notice, maybe others. I spent most of my time watching the OL. After two times through I didn't have the stomach to watch any more.
Originally posted by ninersporvida:
which then would equal into points

Hopefully. I mean if they come out and get 2 nice drives. Pick up blitzes, and display good pass and run blocking. Then we see Alex making better throws, and having some confidence in the pocket. They might only end up what 2 field goals but i would happy with that progression. So how many points in the pre season doesn't really hold that much weight. Even if they came out and put up 35 points you still have to take week one into consideration and can't just come out and say yes they are legit.
  • ACUK
  • Veteran
As its preseason I am not bothered about the score, I just want to see some improvement on offense.
I really just wanna see Alex look like a good starting qb! I want to see a "Harbaugh" effect on Alex.
As long as it's more points then the raiders score.
Oakland has an ok D so we better score some points or we are really going to be toast.
So let's all chill and watch what he can do.

... but what fun would that be? No, we simply must overreact to everything and unite this doom-n-gloom crowd that is... the 40 (or so) whiners club!

... and yes, that was Moran Norris shifting out to play flanker.
Points? I'd be happy if they play well enough to keep me watching for two quarters.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
It's the preseason.

Winner...

If we dont score another point in the preseason...it doesnt matter
Starter need to put up at least 10 by half time. Kaep needs to orchestrate at least another 10-13. But I can only wish.
I just want them to march down the field and score an opening possession TD. They never do that. Shut everyone up
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for NinerBuff.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Points? I'd be happy if they play well enough to keep me watching for two quarters.

This!

I'm hoping to see something that by the end of the game, I don't want to completely give up on this season... before it even starts.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Aug 16, 2011 at 9:24 AM ]