LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

What is your favorite 9er play of ALL TIME?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

so embarrassed to be a niner fan when that happened
You weren't the only one embarrassed of our 0-4 record heading into our 5th straight loss
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
You weren't the only one embarrassed of our 0-4 record heading into our 5th straight loss

wasnt embarrassed at that
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Personally, I was 8 years old when Eric Davis intercepted Troy Aikman and took it to the house on the first drive of the NFC Championship game. That is my favorite play of ALL TIME! How about you guys?

PLEASE PICK ONLY ONE PLAY!!!!!!

I'd have to go with that play as well. My hatred of the Cowboys is how I became a 49er fan. To have the game start out like that on our 3rd attempt against them was just surreal.
Originally posted by valrod33:

wasnt embarrassed at that

There was something more embarrassing?
Jerry Rice's record breaking touchdown catch on Monday Night
There was something more embarrassing?

the fans

I had barely started watching football, and this play just blew me away.
My favorite game was the 2002 wild card game against the Giants.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Here's two old-timers for the defense: If you were there, you surely will rtemember them. Dan Bunz goal-line tackle of Charles Alexander in Super Bowl 16. Keena Tuner absolutely blowing-up Ottis Anderson on a swing pass, was also memorable, and symbolic of the Niner mystique.

And Turner wasn't known to be a big hitter but destroyed OJ Anderson on that play.
Originally posted by saniner:

I had barely started watching football, and this play just blew me away.
My favorite game was the 2002 wild card game against the Giants.

I was at this game so this is up there for me.

Montana's first game back from injury in '92 - against the Lions I believe - he comes in the second half, first drive, leads the 49ers all the way down the field and throws a touch down pass. I remember him walking off the field after the scoring drive and Young gives him this sheepish high five. The stadium was insane, his teammates seriously looked like they were in awe.

I know Steve Young is one of the greatest players in NFL history, but watching the 49ers lose the '92 championship game to Dallas with the greatest big game QB on the bench ... it still bothers me to this day.
Hard to choose. But four of my favorites, which include some of the obvious classics, are

1) Steve Young's run vs. Vikings:

2) Hearsts 96-yard TD run vs. Jets:

3) The Catch II by Owens:

4) Gary Plummer destroying the Bills RB at the goal line, forcing a fumble that Woodall runs back 99 yards with Merton Hanks blocking two guys all the way.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 16, 2011 at 1:32 PM ]
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
SuperBowl 29, 3rd play of the first drive Steve Young 44 yd td pass to Rice, that was so awesome. That whole game is full of all of my favorite plays. And of course the td pass to Owens to beat the Packers!
john taylors 2 90+ receptions against the rams
hearst 96 yard run against the jets
the catch
craigs steam roll of the rams
Grbac ¿Sp? To Rice against the cowboys.. Was like the 2nd or 3rd play in that game and Jerry was.able to take it all the way.. I loved that cause it was at Cowboys stadium and they where talking tons of s**t before hand. Was great to show them who the better team was
Share 49ersWebzone