LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

What is your favorite 9er play of ALL TIME?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Personally, I was 8 years old when Eric Davis intercepted Troy Aikman and took it to the house on the first drive of the NFC Championship game. That is my favorite play of ALL TIME! How about you guys?

PLEASE PICK ONLY ONE PLAY!!!!!!
[ Edited by PatrickWillisHOF on Aug 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM ]
I wasn't even born during The Catch 1, so I would have to say The Catch 2.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Personally, I was 8 years old when Eric Davis intercepted Troy Aikman and took it to the house on the first drive of the NFC Championship game. That is my favorite play of ALL TIME! How about you guys?
Me too, ended years of frustration.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Either that play, or when Young and Rice completed that impossible touchdown bomb to end the half in the same game.

Also, Young's impossible touchdown throw to TO to win the playoff game against the Packers at home at the last second.
"The Catch", Eric Wright's open field tackle of Drew Pearson that came on the next Dallas drive, and the Joe Montana to John Taylor touchdown in Super Bowl XXIII that ended "The Drive".

There are some others, but the come from behind victories are difficult to forget.
[ Edited by 49erDynasty on Aug 16, 2011 at 4:02 AM ]
Taylor's catch against the Bengals in 88.

Deion running it back against the Falcons in 94.

Watters TD early in Superbowl 26.

Alex Smith to Frank Gore in Seattle 07??
Originally posted by bigmur49:

Don't care what anyone says, that was one hell of a play!
Frank Gore, 2 runs runs against The Seahawks one.for.60yds the other for 80yds. I hate the Seahawks. I know i could have.picked some older plays but i wasnt a fan way back then. Ao i had to pick from my own memory....
Originally posted by Rhino_So:
I wasn't even born during The Catch 1, so I would have to say The Catch 2.

I was alive for "The Catch 1", but I was in diapers(sp?) and I was pretty young for the John Taylor Catch in 89, so I would have to say one of these:

Steve to Jerry in SB29
Steve to Ricky in SB29
Garry Plummer and Lee Woodall goal line stand and fumble return against Derek Holmes and the Bills in 94
Garrison Hearst 98 yard jaunt in overtime in 98
"The Catch 2"
Any of Franks long runs when he gashed the Seahawks for 200+ yards 206 if I'm not mistaken (I'm going to kick myself if I am).
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Aug 16, 2011 at 5:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by bigmur49:

Don't care what anyone says, that was one hell of a play!

That was a great play certianly one of my favorites. (look at my handle if you doubt me lol)

Garrison Hearst breaks loose for a TD run of 90-plus yards against the Jets in OT. The run was epic.

TO also has a place in my heart from the game in Dallas where he twice went to the Cowboy star in the middle of the field and took a bow to a hostile crowd after scoring touchdowns. That took an outrageous amount of nerve and gall. The braggarts had it coming...America's Team my ass.
Probably between the Hearst 98 yd run in OT, and the Owens catch against the (fudge)Packers.
The Catch
[ Edited by Hollywood on Aug 16, 2011 at 6:59 AM ]
goal line stance on MNF. don't remember against who or when, but our D stuffed them and forced a fumble on what would've been a go ahead score.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
goal line stance on MNF. don't remember against who or when, but our D stuffed them and forced a fumble on what would've been a go ahead score.

That was against the Bills and Lee Woodall was awesome that night!!!
Share 49ersWebzone