LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

What is your favorite 9er play of ALL TIME?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Niners down 17-13 against the Giants, and this happens ... (time stamp 7:30)

I think mine is the Catch II. While it wasn't the biggest play in franchise history, it was the single greatest thing I have ever witnessed live, before. I have never heard anything so loud in my life. The noise from Candlestick shook my insides. Getting that packer/farve monkey off our back made it that much more special.
Originally posted by qbn9erfan:
The Young run vs the Vikings and P Willis nailing the Jets Brad Smith!!

Both of these are up on my list, but Ronnie Lott was my faorite player of all time. I remember him basically scaring Icky Woods out of the league in the Super Bowl. Icky approaches the hole, as Ronnie closes from the opposite side of the hole on a ten yard sprint. Icky reaches the hole, sees crazy Ronnie about to launch into him, and lays down on his side, just in time for Lott to fly over him, missing his body, but devouring his soul. Icky does nothing of importance for the rest of the game, or his career. They blame his decline on injuries, I think Ronnie put the fear in him, and he started getting hurt by hesitating on the field.
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
My favorite was when J Rice burned Neon Sanders wearing cowgirl colors on a steady diet of slants in the NFC championship game. My 2 least favorite things in the NFL Cowboys and Deion Sanders. Hated when he was on our team that 1 year and still give him 0 credit for our SB run that season.

Deion wasn't on the Cowboys when we played them in the NFC Championship game.
Or, Rice catching the 1st TD against the Bears in 1988 Championship (5:15)

I never had a chance to see the Catch as I was 11 at the time and in Europe . I didn't even know there was such a thing as the NFL then.

Montana to Taylor in SB 23 made me a 49ers fan (yes, I was the original bandwagon fan).

My personal top though without a doubt was the first Eric Davis play in the Eric Davis Game (aka the 94 NFC Championship). I don't think I ever felt such joy at a single NFL play again: I knew we would get that Cowboys monkey off our back on that moment. And the justice of having Eric Davis make the play when everybody was on his case for being supposedly the weak link made it extra satisfying.

Only Arsenal winning the title at Liverpool with the last kick of the season in 1989 and Greece winning the European Championships in 2004 while 100-1 dogs can compare for sheer sporting joy (I'm a Greek living in North London you see )
[ Edited by paulk205 on Aug 16, 2011 at 3:51 PM ]
The Catch, since it represents the start of the Dynasty, followed by by Young's run against the Vikes, just because it was so entertaining.
The Goal Line Stand in SB16, hence my login name. That's the exact moment I became a 49er fan. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see The Catch. I was on leave from the military and was flying back to my duty station the day of the NFC Championship game in January 1982. I also missed the regular season in 1981 with the exception of the game in October against Dallas. Back then, Dallas really was America's team and there were lots of glum faces in the Rec. room watching the Niners kick some Cowboy butt 45-14. No Sunday Ticket back in those days!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Deion wasn't on the Cowboys when we played them in the NFC Championship game.

Musta have been 1st or 2nd round of playoffs then.
The single greatest thing I have ever witnessed in all my 100+ games in Candlestick!

"OWENS! OWENS!! OWENS!!! OWENS!!!! OWENS!!! HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT!! HE CAUGHT IT!!! 25 YARD TOUCH DOWN PASS!!!!!!!!!!!"

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
goal line stance on MNF. don't remember against who or when, but our D stuffed them and forced a fumble on what would've been a go ahead score.

I was at the game I think it was MNF 2001:

Eagles had 1st and goal at our 4. Stuffed em 3 times and on 4th down they go for it and we get a penalty. Now it's 1st and goal on the 1. Stuffed em three more times and on 4th down McNabb throws a pick.

not one single play but my favorite. That was epic. I'm not sure if I've heard the Stick louder than when we made that INT.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
goal line stance on MNF. don't remember against who or when, but our D stuffed them and forced a fumble on what would've been a go ahead score.

Eagles had 1st and goal at our 4. Stuffed em 3 times and on 4th down they go for it and we get a penalty. Now it's 1st and goal on the 1. Stuffed em three more times and on 4th down McNabb throws a pick.

not one single play but my favorite. That was epic. I'm not sure if I've heard the Stick louder than when we made that INT.

Derek Smith with the pick! Then Garcia to T.O. to seal the game
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Taylor's catch against the Bengals in 88. Deion running it back against the Falcons in 94. Watters TD early in Superbowl 26. Alex Smith to Frank Gore in Seattle 07??
It was 06
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Derek Smith with the pick! Then Garcia to T.O. to seal the game

Epic.

The following year they sent a poster of that goal line stand with the season tickets. I think I still have it in my garage somewhere.
Theres to many to pick "The Catch" "The Catch 2 " Gary Plummer and the hit and run against the bills in 94is in my top 5 , There are too many to pick just one so many years of great moments I hope we can get back to it
Share 49ersWebzone