There are 157 users in the forums

Remember...49ers went 4-0 in the preseason last year...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I know it was one game, but we had a better Oline under....

I coulda sworn we brought in a new Oline coach this year, wtf happened to that?

I blame Singletary.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Winning or losing these games is inconsequential. Nor is it necessarily true that Preseason champs == Regular Season chumps, but we've seen it happen a lot with these latter day 49ers.

Watching the game yesterday though....it was pretty clear how much work Harbaugh has ahead of him. I will forgive him this season with the condition that we see progress and some improvement. I think he'll help improve them to point of being respectable this season, but it's pretty clear that the Niners are going to be a work in progress for at least a few seasons.
Originally posted by redrathman:

I blame Singletary.

Haha I hadn't seen that before
Men, f**ks given equal zero. It was a preseason game, the Saints went balls-out on defense, and yeah the team has work to do, so what?
Everyone knew that coming in.

As a promising sign, the defense did very well, take away that punt return TD and two bone-headed mistakes
by Kaeprernick and both teams end up having totally garbage games. Not even worried a bit. The OL will coalesce, the offense will come
together and Fangio will have the defense playing even better, looking forward to the team winning games when it counts, who cares about the preseason?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 13, 2011 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Agreed.

I think we're all over reacting a bit. I think it's legit to be concerned about the o-line but not much else really. Even Alex. He didn't play amazing or even good..but far from terrible. I'd rate him an "incomplete" (how fitting). Hell, he and Drew Brees had the same QB rating so it just tells me that these games don't mean s**t. Last year he played well against these same Saints in the REGULAR season when games mattered. Not saying he'll be a world beater but ALL of these guys are still working on coming together. Probably more fair to judge them game 3 of pre season with a handful of more practices under their belt.

Until Alex Smith wins a superbowl...please stop comparing him to Drew Brees...it's getting old for f**ks sake
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
then went on to lose 5 straight in the regular season.

Eat a snickers.

it's not about the record, it's how the first team offense performs.

eat a carrot
You know what to be honest...this post does have a tingle of reality in it. That said...the difference now is coaches who know what they're doing. All we can do is hope that it will be the difference maker. We've had a multitude of QBs, players, systems, etc...the common denominator was poor coaching.

A glimmer of reality and everything is correct except those fact thingys! Agree regarding the coaching.
Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:
Agreed.

I think we're all over reacting a bit. I think it's legit to be concerned about the o-line but not much else really. Even Alex. He didn't play amazing or even good..but far from terrible. I'd rate him an "incomplete" (how fitting). Hell, he and Drew Brees had the same QB rating so it just tells me that these games don't mean s**t. Last year he played well against these same Saints in the REGULAR season when games mattered. Not saying he'll be a world beater but ALL of these guys are still working on coming together. Probably more fair to judge them game 3 of pre season with a handful of more practices under their belt.

Until Alex Smith wins a superbowl...please stop comparing him to Drew Brees...it's getting old for f**ks sake

Except I didn't compare Smith to Brees. I just used both of their stats to illustrate the lack of meaning of pre season games.

It's so irritating that whenever anyone mentions Smith with any other QB, the mouth breathers reply with "Dood stohp kumpareeng Smyth wth Brees/Manning/Schaub/my puppy." Chill the f**k out and try to understand what's actually being said.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Some times I wonder if some of you posters are living on this planet or on some kind of alternate reality. Have any of you been paying any attention at all to what's been going on. NFL teams have had about a week and a half to practice. Do any of you think that ANY offense has had time to work on complex blitz protection schemes. The Niners have been installing plays and working on basic formations. They haven't even started working on blitz protection schemes. The Saints could have pulled that stunt on almost any team in the league last night. Don't you guys get it? Hey were hazing Harbaugh and trying to embarrass the franchise.

I think the Saints embarrassed themselves in the eyes of people who actually understand the game. If they're so damn good, why didn't they just play our offense straight up and stop them like our defense did? Did they need to pull out their bag of tricks to beat our offense? Calm down, everyone. If the Niners haven't worked enough to handle blitzes by the time the season starts, then we have a problem. But that no-class trick the Saints played last night might be just what the Niners need.

I am chilling with you , it's early and N.O. just did us a big favor and we were lucky our QB's came out still healthy. I know some idiot will claim that's too bad in reference to A. Smith , that's almost a guarantee.

It's only about the regular season.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 15, 2011 at 7:46 AM ]
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran

You have seen the smallest sample size under post lockout conditions and yet you can claim Singletary had a better O-line...please?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Men, f**ks given equal zero. It was a preseason game, the Saints went balls-out on defense, and yeah the team has work to do, so what?
Everyone knew that coming in.

As a promising sign, the defense did very well, take away that punt return TD and two bone-headed mistakes
by Kaeprernick and both teams end up having totally garbage games. Not even worried a bit. The OL will coalesce, the offense will come
together and Fangio will have the defense playing even better, looking forward to the team winning games when it counts, who cares about the preseason?

QFT.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
then went on to lose 5 straight in the regular season.

Eat a snickers.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=div&season=2010-PRE&split=Overall

Look at who finished on top of the 2010 Preseason - Bills, Ravens, Titans, Raiders, Cowboys, Lions, Falcons, 49ers.

Only the NFC South looked the same. Colts were 0-4. This is why I don't pay too much attention to the preseason. I remember last year everyone thought the 49ers were going to blow the NFC West out of the water and lost their first 5 games.

Now I'm not saying we have a good offensive line, quarterback, pass rush, or secondary we all desire but I doubt we'll do worse than last year if we get better play from the QB position which means Alex Smith might lose us the first few.
Haha this. Honestly...if god came down and said, "you're team will lose every game BUT ONE...pick the opponent." I think my answer would be the Raiders every time.

Mines would be the cowboys
  • PaulW
  • Veteran

O-Line coach is still Solari.
Share 49ersWebzone