There are 177 users in the forums

Remember...49ers went 4-0 in the preseason last year...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Except I didn't compare Smith to Brees. I just used both of their stats to illustrate the lack of meaning of pre season games.

It's so irritating that whenever anyone mentions Smith with any other QB, the mouth breathers reply with "Dood stohp kumpareeng Smyth wth Brees/Manning/Schaub/my puppy." Chill the f**k out and try to understand what's actually being said.

nice try..it was a blatent comparision, and your not the first one here to do it recently. DoODZ ALEXES SMITHS AND Dwew BREEZEZ SHOULNDT BE USEED IN THA SAME SENTENCIZES UNLESS YER TALKN BOUT SMITH HOLDIGS ACLIPZBOREDZ FOR EMZ....lmao man. Again...nice try buddy if it wasnt a comparison I would have had nothing against your post! I'm done arguing about this... dont bother responding
Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Except I didn't compare Smith to Brees. I just used both of their stats to illustrate the lack of meaning of pre season games.

It's so irritating that whenever anyone mentions Smith with any other QB, the mouth breathers reply with "Dood stohp kumpareeng Smyth wth Brees/Manning/Schaub/my puppy." Chill the f**k out and try to understand what's actually being said.

nice try..it was a blatent comparision, and your not the first one here to do it recently. DoODZ ALEXES SMITHS AND Dwew BREEZEZ SHOULNDT BE USEED IN THA SAME SENTENCIZES UNLESS YER TALKN BOUT SMITH HOLDIGS ACLIPZBOREDZ FOR EMZ....lmao man. Again...nice try buddy if it wasnt a comparison I would have had nothing against your post! I'm done arguing about this... dont bother responding

Suggest you get to know the board before attacking! Most of us know the difference between a pro bowl/super bowl QB and Smith, so any comparison is done for a purpose other than saying they are equal in ability. You use words and Lambda uses words...not going to confuse the two of you though!
  • mike
  • Veteran
preseason is preseason, niners went 4-0, raiders 3-1, both missed playoffs. Packers wen't 2-2 and won the superbowl.

But plenty of good teams do well in preseason, plenty of bad teams do bad in preseason. Really theres simply NO way of telling one way or another. Panthers went 1-3 and were still the worst team in the regular season. Steelers went 3-1 and made it to the superbowl. If we go 3-1 it doesn't spell disaster, if we go 1-3 it doesn't mean superbowl(and it also doesn't mean we'll be the panthers). There's a reason they still play the real games.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Suggest you get to know the board before attacking! Most of us know the difference between a pro bowl/super bowl QB and Smith, so any comparison is done for a purpose other than saying they are equal in ability. You use words and Lambda uses words...not going to confuse the two of you though!

so are you saying that since he is a vet it's ok for him to compare crap to gold??? sorry not buying it. but like I said, "I'm done arguing about it"!!!!!
[ Edited by MertonHanksneck on Aug 15, 2011 at 6:07 PM ]
Yes. Beat the Raiders. I'm just looking for a competitive team. I am hopeful they will get better with more practice. I would hate to see them play like they did in week 1.
Oh, I remember. But that New Orleans game was ugly...

so are you saying that since he is a vet it's ok for him to compare crap to gold??? sorry not buying it. but like I said, "I'm done arguing about it"!!!!!

I'm saying his point is that only fools try to evaluate players on the first preseason game after a week of practice. Do you think Brees' play represents his ability? If so, they better trade for someone who can complete more than 25% of his passes! Maybe they can get Brady cheap.
I'm saying his point is that only fools try to evaluate players on the first preseason game after a week of practice. Do you think Brees' play represents his ability? If so, they better trade for someone who can complete more than 25% of his passes! Maybe they can get Brady cheap.

I agree that fools do that indeed, but... to be fair; Alex has had nearly a decades worth of evaluation,(peoples reaction to Kap's performance has been far more outlandish for this very reason, it really was his first performance, in preseason, game one, with limited practices) I will continue to disagree with people defending Smith...like it or not...I don't care!!!! And If I thought Brees's play reflects his ability(in that game) then I wouldn't have had a problem with lambda's comparison of the two. Do I think Alex's play(in that game) reflects his ability, or lack there of??? you bet your sweet ass I do! that's just my opinion, love it or hate it.
[ Edited by MertonHanksneck on Aug 15, 2011 at 6:22 PM ]
So if we go 0-4 in the preseason.......do we get Luck?........
Well with everyone wanting to play the blame game I think before you can blame the QBs if have to go to where it all starts - the O line. I dont care what offense you run it will never work till the O line functines at a high level. Till that happens you wont have an offense. Its too early to say that we are doomed. I just got this feeling.

Originally posted by 80849er4life:
So if we go 0-4 in the preseason.......do we get Luck?........

probably not, we will draft a big fast tackle or something.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Well with everyone wanting to play the blame game I think before you can blame the QBs if have to go to where it all starts - the O line. I dont care what offense you run it will never work till the O line functines at a high level. Till that happens you wont have an offense. Its too early to say that we are doomed. I just got this feeling.

you could be right.

I agree that fools do that indeed, but... to be fair; Alex has had nearly a decades worth of evaluation,(peoples reaction to Kap's performance has been far more outlandish for this very reason, it really was his first performance, in preseason, game one, with limited practices) I will continue to disagree with people defending Smith...like it or not...I don't care!!!! And If I thought Brees's play reflects his ability(in that game) then I wouldn't have had a problem with lambda's comparison of the two. Do I think Alex's play(in that game) reflects his ability, or lack there of??? you bet your sweet ass I do! that's just my opinion, love it or hate it.

Hey, every one is welcome to their own opinion. If anyone thinks Smith should, after one week of practice, be totally different and more efficient under Harbaugh they are delusional. He is starting a process of learning from Harbaugh and if he can improve each week from now until the end of the season, he may be back as a decent NFL QB. If he doesn't make improvement he will probably sign elsewhere or stay as a back up.

CK was my favorite QB coming out of the draft because of his combination of intelligence and talent...rough as it is.

Lastly, when you criticize another poster you might try to understand the meaning of their post, not just the literal interpretation. Very few, if any, webzone posters would confuse Smith with Brees. So saying Brees played poorly is to indicate if the best can't play well in the first preseason game why would Smith?
Hey, every one is welcome to their own opinion. If anyone thinks Smith should, after one week of practice, be totally different and more efficient under Harbaugh they are delusional. He is starting a process of learning from Harbaugh and if he can improve each week from now until the end of the season, he may be back as a decent NFL QB. If he doesn't make improvement he will probably sign elsewhere or stay as a back up.

CK was my favorite QB coming out of the draft because of his combination of intelligence and talent...rough as it is.

Lastly, when you criticize another poster you might try to understand the meaning of their post, not just the literal interpretation. Very few, if any, webzone posters would confuse Smith with Brees. So saying Brees played poorly is to indicate if the best can't play well in the first preseason game why would Smith?

ok. in the future I will try to empathize with a fellow zoner before I criticize...and I will take your advice..(give the man the benefit of the doubt...I get that) the whole debate was just flabbergasting to me, to begin with; and he was the third maybe fourth person that tried to use that same argument for Smith...I just do not get the constant defending and the excuse making for the man...here's to hopefully a winning season for my niners!!!!!

ok. in the future I will try to empathize with a fellow zoner before I criticize...and I will take your advice..(give the man the benefit of the doubt...I get that) the whole debate was just flabbergasting to me, to begin with; and he was the third maybe fourth person that tried to use that same argument for Smith...I just do not get the constant defending and the excuse making for the man...here's to hopefully a winning season for my niners!!!!!

Will join you in that sentiment!
Share 49ersWebzone