LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Remember...49ers went 4-0 in the preseason last year...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
blame them all and hope for a better showing this week. 5 more practices and a team that is not as good or far along as N.O. Oakland has been in the same system for a couple of years so they will be further along than the niners and they won't be crossing 3 time zones to play
Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Suggest you get to know the board before attacking! Most of us know the difference between a pro bowl/super bowl QB and Smith, so any comparison is done for a purpose other than saying they are equal in ability. You use words and Lambda uses words...not going to confuse the two of you though!

so are you saying that since he is a vet it's ok for him to compare crap to gold??? sorry not buying it. but like I said, "I'm done arguing about it"!!!!!

You Right Merton He was comparing the 2 of them.
He was showing how A SB MVP and Alex smith can both has piss poor stats in the same game. It still will not have any effect on how either of them are going to play in the regular season.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
You Right Merton He was comparing the 2 of them.
He was showing how A SB MVP and Alex smith can both has piss poor stats in the same game. It still will not have any effect on how either of them are going to play in the regular season.

....argument was so done and over with when you posted this...but ok thanks for the clearification...
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Some times I wonder if some of you posters are living on this planet or on some kind of alternate reality. Have any of you been paying any attention at all to what's been going on. NFL teams have had about a week and a half to practice. Do any of you think that ANY offense has had time to work on complex blitz protection schemes. The Niners have been installing plays and working on basic formations. They haven't even started working on blitz protection schemes. The Saints could have pulled that stunt on almost any team in the league last night. Don't you guys get it? Hey were hazing Harbaugh and trying to embarrass the franchise.

I think the Saints embarrassed themselves in the eyes of people who actually understand the game. If they're so damn good, why didn't they just play our offense straight up and stop them like our defense did? Did they need to pull out their bag of tricks to beat our offense? Calm down, everyone. If the Niners haven't worked enough to handle blitzes by the time the season starts, then we have a problem. But that no-class trick the Saints played last night might be just what the Niners need.
Exactly. Singletary got 4 preseason wins because they had the offense installed the first day of practice and then had a lot of time to practice the five plays they had. Remember how even the last string running backs were looking good?

What New Orleans did was weird, like it was personal. Who knows. I think both NO and SF suffered from this very strange game.
[ Edited by carlgo on Aug 19, 2011 at 3:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone