There are 164 users in the forums

Remember...49ers went 4-0 in the preseason last year...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
then went on to lose 5 straight in the regular season.

Eat a snickers.
more like a twix two for me and none for you
Just beat the Raiders, that's it
I think its probably statistically true that team's who do well in the pre-season do poorly during the regular season and vice-versa. If you do well in the pre-season, it probably just means you decided to game plan more than the other coach, which means you're learning less about your players.

Don't forget, we made the Saints starting O look almost as bad as ours.
Pats went 0-4 in preseason when they went 18-1

Lions went 4-0 in preseason when they went 0-16

I'm fine with a loss.

I'm just disappointed in the o-line. They looked overmatched. But it's not TOO bad though. Generally, when the defense blitzes heavily, the OC would compensate for that with certain plays. But we chose to stay in our pre-season, vanilla gameplan. This is a time for the offense to learn.

If they still look bad in Week 3, then, yes, I'd be worried.
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

Originally posted by BrianGO:
I think its probably statistically true that team's who do well in the pre-season do poorly during the regular season and vice-versa. If you do well in the pre-season, it probably just means you decided to game plan more than the other coach, which means you're learning less about your players.

Don't forget, we made the Saints starting O look almost as bad as ours.

Agreed.

I think we're all over reacting a bit. I think it's legit to be concerned about the o-line but not much else really. Even Alex. He didn't play amazing or even good..but far from terrible. I'd rate him an "incomplete" (how fitting). Hell, he and Drew Brees had the same QB rating so it just tells me that these games don't mean s**t. Last year he played well against these same Saints in the REGULAR season when games mattered. Not saying he'll be a world beater but ALL of these guys are still working on coming together. Probably more fair to judge them game 3 of pre season with a handful of more practices under their belt.
Boy! Talk about much needed perspective. Thank you for this thread!
As long as we beat the Raiders, I don't give a f**k about anything else in terms of records.

There goes our chance at an undefeated season.
I know it was one game, but we had a better Oline under....

I coulda sworn we brought in a new Oline coach this year, wtf happened to that?
Originally posted by BayAreaBrawler:
As long as we beat the Raiders, I don't give a f**k about anything else in terms of records.

Haha this. Honestly...if god came down and said, "you're team will lose every game BUT ONE...pick the opponent." I think my answer would be the Raiders every time.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

then, we started well
remember when the Lions went 4-0 in preseason with Kitna coming out saying the Lions could go 12 wins? well I dont think they even made it past 5wins.
Share 49ersWebzone