There are 43 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Preseason week 1: The Good; The Ugly; The Same Old from Last Year

Post what you got and share your thoughts. Share for those also who didn't get to see this game.

I'll go first; you didn't miss much if you didn't watch this team

Good - 1st team D, our first round pick in A. Smith, Philip Adams (cb), some guy named Dobbs on the DL. Dude is good. Alex Boone

Ugly - Kaepernick (not ready at all), oline outside of Iupati, our backup secondary overall, Adam Snyder sucks!!,

Same - Mays is a liability, our receivers can't get open, ray mcDonald isn't any different (meh), penalties, Alex in the West Coast? Stay tuned. I do think he is not accurate enough for this type of O.
The Good. Aldon Smith, Culliver, Whitner, Brooks, and the Starting Defense.

The Bad. The online was not prepared for the blitz schemes thrown at them.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Same - Mays is a liability, our receivers can't get open, ray mcDonald isn't any different (meh), penalties, Alex in the West Coast? Stay tuned. I do think he is not accurate enough for this type of O.

I disagree, Ray Mac was getting good pressure, don't know what game you were watching...
Originally posted by brizznasty:
I disagree, Ray Mac was getting good pressure, don't know what game you were watching...

Ray Mac played good.

Ok, that's fair. I like Ray, but I didn't see much this time
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Good
1st string defense looked solid.
Frank Gore looks recovered.
Our coach looked like he knew what was going wrong.
Aldon Smith played pretty good for his first game at the position.

Bad
O-line looked like ass.
Kap showed a little bit but overall I was not impressed at all.
Dixon honestly sucks and will be the 3rd string back.
I'm more interested in what Harbaugh has to say about tonight and how he goes about fixing it. I knew we would look bad when the lockout started and we're trying to turnover our entire coaching staff and start fresh with new offensive and defensive systems. I'll panic when its time. Now's not the time.
Originally posted by Chief:
Good

Bad
O-line looked like ass.

Kendall Hunter looked really good to me
Good: Its preseason.

Bad: Everything else
Bad - Pass protection. All of it. Not just the OL.
Meh, I'm not too worried, offense has more detail and takes more time to perfect than defense which is why we saw crappiness from both offenses tonight. I think things will look better each preseason game. Good: Football being played Bad: Lots of work to do on the playing of football
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Aug 12, 2011 at 8:25 PM ]

Ok, that's fair. I like Ray, but I didn't see much this time

He was better against the run than any of us expected, too.
Just think, a below average o-line couldv'e at least given our QB's a fighting chance
Good 1st string defense looked solid. Frank Gore looks recovered. Our coach looked like he knew what was going wrong. Aldon Smith played pretty good for his first game at the position. Bad O-line looked like ass. Kap showed a little bit but overall I was not impressed at all. Dixon honestly sucks and will be the 3rd string back.

Yeah, I meant to mention that. He blew ass out there with his dancing and hesitation. I hope he fixes it and doesn't blow his career away
Good

Bad
O-line looked like ass.

the bolded is key.........good observation
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home