LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Preseason week 1: The Good; The Ugly; The Same Old from Last Year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Watch Bradford play tomorrow if you wanna see a real QB in the making.

A Real QB and a REAL offense. Rams have went more spread since drafting Bradford. This is the first time in 7 years we've brought in proper coaches that are "trying" to cater the play calling to our players strengths. Not an excuse for Alex but more of props to Rams management.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I'm glad the saints blitzed the hell out of us, I hope ALex mans the f**k up and shows something against the raiders.

for all you josh johnson sack riders........

J. Johnson 7/12 108 1 0

In their game tonight.
Would be curious to see Johnson behind our o-line tonight.

Haha, be curious to see ANYONE with that OL and a new implemented system... my Lord. I am just glad that Alex wasn't broken... took some brutal hits.

I wonder what his freedom was to adjust at that point. I saw pretty obvious pressure, yet no adjustment... not sure if that was on Alex or Harbaugh/Roman... but it was ugly.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I'm glad the saints blitzed the hell out of us, I hope ALex mans the f**k up and shows something against the raiders.

for all you josh johnson sack riders........

J. Johnson 7/12 108 1 0

In their game tonight.
Would be curious to see Johnson behind our o-line tonight.

Haha, be curious to see ANYONE with that OL and a new implemented system... my Lord. I am just glad that Alex wasn't broken... took some brutal hits.

I wonder what his freedom was to adjust at that point. I saw pretty obvious pressure, yet no adjustment... not sure if that was on Alex or Harbaugh/Roman... but it was ugly.

Definitely some scary moments tonight. I honestly thought they f**king broke Smith's neck on that second hit. Holy hell. Total whiffed block like Madden.
Definitely some scary moments tonight. I honestly thought they f**king broke Smith's neck on that second hit. Holy hell. Total whiffed block like Madden.

Yeah, just glad he survived the night. A friend (Saints fan) said that he thought Smith should have been taken out earlier just due to injury chance... I agreed.

Yeah, just glad he survived the night. A friend (Saints fan) said that he thought Smith should have been taken out earlier just due to injury chance... I agreed.

Both QBs got rocked for sure. Like many have pointed out...if this o-line doesn't get fixed...I don't care if we get a clone of the 1984 version of Montana....it will be a LONG season.
  • dj43
Kaep is nowhere near ready to be a starting QB in this league. He clearly had trouble getting the plays called in the huddle, and though he did complete a couple of line drive passes, he had no touch on anything else and misread the defense on multiple occasions.

I like this kid and work with a guy who watched him grow up. We want him to do well but he it is hard to see him being game ready this year.
joe staley... how did he do? i've never been big on him
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Watch Bradford play tomorrow if you wanna see a real QB in the making.

Originally posted by YungAce:

Raped once early on I think but not terrible.
Originally posted by YungAce:

Did okay, but was pissed when Iupati failed to block the right guy and made him look like a schmuck. Nothing special though, but other than early on...

(yes, I'm gonna say it)... gotta look at the film.

on the good side they can finally evaluate themselves after a game, and not based on practice. I understand why everyone is mad but what do you expect from a team that had little practice, no mini camp? First preseason, I'd rather have them go 0-4 during preseason and correct what needs to be corrected rather than go 4-0 and when season starts they 0-4 first four games . A lot of work needs to be done. 49ers faithful right? so lets live up to that.
[ Edited by 49ersOnMINE on Aug 12, 2011 at 11:27 PM ]
The worst was watching Iupati block DAVIS...i.e. his OWN guy. LOL. These guys are def not ready yet.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
on the good side they can finally evaluate themselves after a game, and not based on practice. I understand why everyone is mad but what do you expect from a team that had little practice, no mini camp? First preseason, I'd rather have them go 0-4 during preseason and correct what needs to be corrected rather than go 4-0 and when season starts they 0-4 first four games . A lot of work needs to be done. 49ers faithful right? so lets live up to that.

I am just more concerned about the coaching. How can we look at Greg Williams' history and NOT majorly game-plan against crazy blitz packages??? I like that this happened because we simply HAVE to now, but wow... who didn't expect a blitz-happy defense? ... and our response? another wow... very inept.
WTF is up with NO defensive coordinator and all the blitzes? f**k em! We had no chance against that in preseason. That was dirty. Similar to what Nolan did vs us when he was Denver's defensive coordinator.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

I am just more concerned about the coaching. How can we look at Greg Williams' history and NOT majorly game-plan against crazy blitz packages??? I like that this happened because we simply HAVE to now, but wow... who didn't expect a blitz-happy defense? ... and our response? another wow... very inept.

I was shocked that greg williams kept blitzin like he's trying to prove something, but i hear yah, but then again this will be corrected because this is not the Sing era where they have no game plan. I wouldn't be worried about the coaching part, im more worried about the OL, NOW that needs work. move snyder to RG and Goodwin to C.
Share 49ersWebzone