LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

expect the first 2 preseason games to be ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
im sorry to be debby downer here but i would just like to bring some sanity into every1 who is going crazy and being extremely optimistic about our first preseason game

i think the starters will have a tough time

offensively smith just got to learn with harbaugh 1 week ago its highly unlikely that they have mastered the complex playbook we have been hearing about in just 1 week it will likely at least take an extra week or 2 before he fully understands it also with braylon coming late and working with the second team expect some timing issues. Also with the lockout we may see a couple of false starts and holding penalties

defesnivly may be a but better but they didnt get there playbook till the lockout ended although defense is much easier to pick up dont expect them to look like a top 5 D with our new personnel and culliver (who shows a lot of promise take over a veteran like shawnte spencer) i expect to see some presnap penalties here too

anyway the point im trying to make is i dont think the first team (especially offense) will look good this week or next mainly because its a complicated system and we have had limited offseason so dont cry the sky is falling and such just cause alex to WR timing is a bit off or we have some false starts and holding penalties

A win for me is:

no presnap penalties
no holdings
alex looking poise in pocket working through progressions

thats it
  • krizay
  • Veteran
So what you are saying is..... yes our 1st team offense will look like sh*t like it has for the previous ______ (lost track of how many years). But it will get better in 2 weeks?

Yea heard this song and seen this dance before. Then the 2nd and 3rd team will come out and play better than the 1st team. With the same playbook and all.
Originally posted by krizay:
So what you are saying is..... yes our 1st team offense will look like sh*t like it has for the previous ______ (lost track of how many years). But it will get better in 2 weeks? Yea heard this song and seen this dance before. Then the 2nd and 3rd team will come out and play better than the 1st team. With the same playbook and all.

Believe it or not the 2nd and 3rd team defense usually is worse than the 1 st team defense
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Believe it or not the 2nd and 3rd team defense usually is worse than the 1 st team defense

as is the 2nd and 3rd team offense no?
I'd love to see instant improvement tonight.

But I'm certainly not expecting a great turn around. I think we could be a few games into the regular season before things start to click.
this thread sucks. everyone knows teams look sloppy and boring in preseason. its like that every year.
Nice intentions, but you must know that the insanity will begin right away. Each play will be overly scrutinized and judged with typical ignorance, and conclusions will be made on our whole season after each good or bad play. Just gotta go for the wild ride or turn your ticket back in at the gate. Should make for some fun reading later though.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If we are not super bowl form then Jed should ask for a refund from JH.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
A win for me is:

no presnap penalties
no holdings
alex looking poise in pocket working through progressions

thats it

Agreed,

Plus seeing Aldon Smith attack the Drew Brees (and whoever else, Chase Daniel I think)
Seeing our Future at QB get a whiff of the NFL!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Did you see the games last night? Almost all of them were horrible.
alex has had his hands on that playbook for months. make no mistake, he has it damn near memorized right now. im sure he knows all of the terminology and basics of the playbook. perfecting it he will not have accomplished at this point and time, but he should be more then capable of running the offense.
With the lockout messing everything up, you're going to see all the teams with new coaches struggle more than usual. Also its only the first game of preseason, im just looking for smart play, no injuries, and for the team to get better at everything week to week
I am excited to get our first look at our rookies
Share 49ersWebzone