There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anybody worried that Alex will rely TOO much on check downs to Gore?

Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by Nighner:
He's been given 6 years to succeed. How many losses and failed seasons must Niner fans endure before this organization admits that which clearly obvious to the rest of the NFL world, that Alex Smith is a Bust. Its been time to move on. However we have to endure a 7th season trying to prove that Alex Smith can play QB. They fired Singletary and brought in Harbaugh. What happens when Alex starts the season 0-5 and we missed the playoffs again, because of his incompetence, in weakest division in pro football history, a division in which most NFL experts believe the Niners have the best talent in the division other than QB. If the Niners had a QB of the level of Orton, there is not doubt they would be picked to win the division and would win it.

i am going to make a couple of assumptions here. the first assumption that im going to make is that harbaugh is a very competent coach who pays special attention to detail unlike our previous regimes. the second assumption im going to make is that harbaugh being an ex-nfl qb himself has an eye for the position more so than some fan forum posters on the internet. if jim harbaugh thinks that we can win with alex smith then i support him 110% of the way. he had the chance to bring in numerous qbs via free agency or trade and he didnt for one simple reason. alex smith was better than every qb available in harbaughs eyes. i have known for years that alex is much better then he has shown. but he was forced to play a style that didnt fit his game. i could go on and on but i believe alex can be a player in this league, and i think harbaugh agrees as well.

.... and just when you start to intensely dislike someone? He brings ya right back to .
I'll drink to that as well!
cant wait til the real season starts. harbaughs too smart to show anything major in preseason so i dont think we'll be preseason warriors this year and win out lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
cant wait til the real season starts. harbaughs too smart to show anything major in preseason so i dont think we'll be preseason warriors this year and win out lol

Man I hope not 4-0 in preseason is a huge jinx for the season.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:...Last year, the check offs were swing passes to RBs with LBs a yard or two in front of them.

Ughhh...that was just awful to watch. Imagine being the guy catching the ball, knowing you are about to get decked and the play isn't going to accomplish anything.
yes! getting the ball to one of the best playmakers on the team is a mistake!!
as long as we win.
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
i am going to make a couple of assumptions here. the first assumption that im going to make is that harbaugh is a very competent coach who pays special attention to detail unlike our previous regimes. the second assumption im going to make is that harbaugh being an ex-nfl qb himself has an eye for the position more so than some fan forum posters on the internet. if jim harbaugh thinks that we can win with alex smith then i support him 110% of the way. he had the chance to bring in numerous qbs via free agency or trade and he didnt for one simple reason. alex smith was better than every qb available in harbaughs eyes. i have known for years that alex is much better then he has shown. but he was forced to play a style that didnt fit his game. i could go on and on but i believe alex can be a player in this league, and i think harbaugh agrees as well.

Do you know what they say about assumptions? They are the mother of all-----------. . Harbaugh might know something. However, as I pointed out to you, Mike Martz also knows something about QB's probably more than Harbaugh and to him Alex Smith was and is a bum. He couldn't even beat out JT O'Sullivan when Mike Martz was here. Harbaugh is egomanical, he wants to prove that he's a better coach than the previous coaches. But he's going to fail just like they did because Alex Smith is a Bust. Just face it, he's not an NFL caliber QB. As soon as he and the Cheapo Yorks realize that the Niners won't win.
Do you know what they say about assumptions? They are the mother of all-----------. . Harbaugh might know something. However, as I pointed out to you, Mike Martz also knows something about QB's probably more than Harbaugh and to him Alex Smith was and is a bum. He couldn't even beat out JT O'Sullivan when Mike Martz was here. Harbaugh is egomanical, he wants to prove that he's a better coach than the previous coaches. But he's going to fail just like they did because Alex Smith is a Bust. Just face it, he's not an NFL caliber QB. As soon as he and the Cheapo Yorks realize that the Niners won't win.

Who has Mike Martz ever developed? I am pretty sure that Kurt Warner is the only QB of note that he has ever coached from early in his career, I highly doubt you can accredit his accomplishments to Mike Martz's QB coaching since he came in as a backup and led the league in passing. This is the same guy who thought that JTO was a starting caliber QB. This in no way is in defense of Alex Smith.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:

Who has Mike Martz ever developed? I am pretty sure that Kurt Warner is the only QB of note that he has ever coached from early in his career, I highly doubt you can accredit his accomplishments to Mike Martz's QB coaching since he came in as a backup and led the league in passing. This is the same guy who thought that JTO was a starting caliber QB. This in no way is in defense of Alex Smith.

Pretty funny argument though! Martz inherited his QBs and applied his system that is a bit wacky but worked for a couple teams. Was a bad match here in SF.

Martz said nothing of the kind about Smith, JTO got the job because he already knew the system, if you think otherwise, you are just ignoring the obvious. You have a link where he said this? I followed the situation and never remember him saying anything derogatory about Smith. I do not think you are as qualified as Jim Harbaugh to gauge the talent level of a quarterback. As for egomaniac, well I think that someone that thinks they know better than a guy who does it for a living is kinda full of himself, or something else..something of a bovine fecal persuasion.
Captain Checkdown doesn't have the ability to throw the ball down the field on a regular basis...but I'm not as worried as I would be if we weren't running a WCO.

Unfortunately, there are times when Alex can't even throw the checkdown pass properly (see @ ATL, vs NO for 2 examples of errant passes that led to INTs).
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Martz said nothing of the kind about Smith, JTO got the job because he already knew the system, if you think otherwise, you are just ignoring the obvious. You have a link where he said this? I followed the situation and never remember him saying anything derogatory about Smith. I do not think you are as qualified as Jim Harbaugh to gauge the talent level of a quarterback. As for egomaniac, well I think that someone that thinks they know better than a guy who does it for a living is kinda full of himself, or something else..something of a bovine fecal persuasion.

JTO won the job because he was the better QB in the preseason and training camp. Whether or not he knew the system is totally beside the point. JTO had a very good preseason and EARNED the right to start that season. Smith played like s**t that preseason (prior to his 'injury').
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I remember Martz saying remarkably glowing things about Alex before the injury became known.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
JTO won the job because he was the better QB in the preseason and training camp. Whether or not he knew the system is totally beside the point. JTO had a very good preseason and EARNED the right to start that season. Smith played like s**t that preseason (prior to his 'injury').

knowing a system over the other QB is what? "totally beside the point" ???? LOLz