There are 187 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAMEDAY THREAD (MONDAY NIGHT) ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I think a lot. WIth that hurt left foot, he couldn't step into his throws. It caused him to overthrow the TE on the pick by Goldson and also made him miss other throws. On top of that, it killed his mobility entirely which is the biggest part of Ben's game. IMO, they shouldn't have even played him. He only hurt his team.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I think a lot. WIth that hurt left foot, he couldn't step into his throws. It caused him to overthrow the TE on the pick by Goldson and also made him miss other throws. On top of that, it killed his mobility entirely which is the biggest part of Ben's game. IMO, they shouldn't have even played him. He only hurt his team.

Don't care. Other teams take advantage of us all day long when we have injuries. They did stunt blitzes right up Chilo's grill when he was in due to injuries vs. the Ravens. That's the NFL. Life is tough.... And our D is really good and for real. We still win this game IMO although it would be closer.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Don't care. Other teams take advantage of us all day long when we have injuries. They did stunt blitzes right up Chilo's grill when he was in due to injuries vs. the Ravens. That's the NFL. Life is tough.... And our D is really good and for real. We still win this game IMO although it would be closer.
Oh i agree with you man. Just answering the question.
Ben being hurt was a factor. It was his choice and the Steelers choice. They 9ers did exactly what they were supposed to do...beat the crap out of him.
It mattered.

Big Ben is not a statue in the pocket. You have a mobile quarterback who makes plays on the run and then he gets an injury that forces him to be a statue of course that effects the outcome of the game. We won 20-3 but come on now that game was like Baltimore were 1 play changes the whole game. It's a defensive battle and the 1st team to put up that touchdown had the advantage.

Ultimately though it doesn't matter. He was hurt, he played, and we kicked his @ss.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ace49ers:
On one of NFLs biggest stages a rookie made his mark and announced he had arrived.

the question becomes how does he play when teams seriously game plan around him?

Others will have to step up when this happens

Aside from J Smith the other have been pretty quiet. McDonald has been solid but isnt getting the pressure he got in the early parts of the year. Parys has done pretty much nothing, and Brooks isn't making noise.

I've noticed lately that Brooks seems to be over pursuing on plays and taking himself out of them.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I creamed my pants during the game and once the game ended. Now, my penis will get a rest until Saturdays game gets closer.

Aldon Smith does have that effect on people.
Aldon has been game planned long before tonight. Dude is consistently double teamed
Put Larry in. He's better.
You want him to take your spot, you go give it to him.
Thank you.

I know this probably was mentioned many times but I love the fact that after Miller burned us a few times we had Grant cover his ass 1 on 1 the rest of the way and boy did he man up and shut down Miller!
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Put Larry in. He's better.
You want him to take your spot, you go give it to him.
Thank you.

I know this probably was mentioned many times but I love the fact that after Miller burned us a few times we had Grant cover his ass 1 on 1 the rest of the way and boy did he man up and shut down Miller!

he covered miller most of the game

Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
they are gonna blame the light

the whole light thing was the work of buffalo wild wings lmao

Damn I should have thought of that first ,Thats funny
Feels great to drive to work today.

Hate to say I told you but not really. Me and Susweel guaranteed this victory. Some of you just have no faith.
I like waking up knowing my team is one game away from securing a #2 seed a first round bye in the playoffs.
This is pathetic " really people " whinning about if ben played ,if harrison played pure stupidity we won " HELLO" All I have to say is if "ifs and "butts" were candy and nuts we all would have big balls and cavities We won get over it and be happy like I am
Originally posted by Niners99:
if Big Ben didnt play, everyone would be saying that we wouldnt have won if hed been in there. now that he DID play, everyone is saying being hurt is why they lost.

we won by 17. the Steelers only pts were from a 51 yd FG that barely squeaked over. I dont want to hear about what "wouldve" happened if this guy played, or Ben was healthy, etc. Harrison was out, so was Willis. Roethlisberger plays up his injuries like a drama queen for the attention. he might not have had his scrambling ability tonight, but he was making his throws just fine. he threw for over 300 yds. he just made bad deciscions due to all the pressure we put on him. had he been healthy the final might have been 20-10 or 20-13.

Steeler fans are going to blame the blackouts, the injuries, the suspensions, the refs, and anything else they can. But the fact is, we dominated the trenches on both sides of the ball, we forced turnovers, and we didnt turn the ball over ourselves. the Niners are the better team. healthy Big Ben, give them Harrison, give us Willis, we still win. after watching how we matched up tonight, I think we beat them IN Pittsburgh too. theres no excuses when you get dominated in the trenches. Aldon Smith might as well have been DeMarcus Ware to the Steelers OL. he was unstoppable.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone