LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAMEDAY THREAD (MONDAY NIGHT) ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wallace and brown are gonna torch us deep while smith will get sacked 7 times 10 plus if harrison and woodley play. the rz offense will once again suck, this team on offense has been going down hill wk after wk
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
wallace and brown are gonna torch us deep while smith will get sacked 7 times 10 plus if harrison and woodley play. the rz offense will once again suck, this team on offense has been going down hill wk after wk

hold on here cowboy. we were playing a good defense on the road and a team that had to win to have any chance of being in the playoffs, so its not a horrible lost, but we need to work on some stuff for sure, the good thing is were going to play a great team with a very good defense and great QB with very good WR'S so its going to be a huge test for the 49ers. I say bring it on, we will really get to see what the 49ers are made of in this must win game. I would rather see them play a team like this now, then so losing team so we can see what the 49ers are made of. It will be a very good test of how far we can go in the playoffs. I welcome it.

We're getting pushed around too much on O, it has to stop
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

I hope we're both wrong. The Steelers and Ravens defense both are excellent in pressuring the QB which doesn't bode will for our OLine. They are also pretty good at stopping the run so this game will need to be in Alex's hands. But if our OLine doesn't give him time.....it'll be another loss. LIke I said in another thread, after that Ravens game.....this team just lost something. Maybe Energy? Maybe some confidence? Maybe they are playing a little scared? That Ravens game did something to this team and they need to find it again.

In another note....I think gore is playing hurt. He didn't seem himself on some plays and he looked hurt at times on the sideline. Doesn't look good for the running game down the road.

We gonna get raped.
In all honesty, this is a bad matchup for the 49ers. We have issues in pass pro & pass D. The Steelers are built to exploit both. It would be a hell of a win if we can pull this off on MNF. One thing is for sure, points will be hard to come by. When the Niners get in the RZ they MUST score TD's.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
In all honesty, this is a bad matchup for the 49ers. We have issues in pass pro & pass D. The Steelers are built to exploit both. It would be a hell of a win if we can pull this off on MNF. One thing is for sure, points will be hard to come by. When the Niners get in the RZ they MUST score TD's.

what is this 9ers scoring a td in the rz you speak of?? ive never seen it

This. It seems like we get so many opportunities early in games to put teams down or away and just can't get it done.
Big Ben can f**k off
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
We have the better team. We're home. We win.

thats why its such a great game for the 49ers, they need to play a team like this if they have any hope of winning a playoff game. They will face teams like this or better in the Play Offs. Its a great test for the 49ers and the 49ers better get used to it. They can beat this team if they play well and zero mistakes. Its better that the49ers play a team like this now.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erJim:
hold on here cowboy. we were playing a good defense on the road and a team that had to win to have any chance of being in the playoffs, so its not a horrible lost, but we need to work on some stuff for sure, the good thing is were going to play a great team with a very good defense and great QB with very good WR'S so its going to be a huge test for the 49ers. I say bring it on, we will really get to see what the 49ers are made of in this must win game. I would rather see them play a team like this now, then so losing team so we can see what the 49ers are made of. It will be a very good test of how far we can go in the playoffs. I welcome it.

I really think our TEST was the Ravens game. To play a team like that on the road in their house, we didn't pass that test. We kept the score close, yes, but we also got bullied all night and couldn't make the plays in the 4th quarter when it mattered. Exactly what AZ did to us today. Playing on the road is what it might come down to in the playoffs and the Ravens game was a true example of a "playoff"atmosphere.

Which is why winning out the rest of the season is important so we get that first round bye, a winnable game at home, with a chance to play in the NFC Championship.
Philly is a passing offense, our D handled that. Same with Detroit, same with NYG. Pitts offense doesnt scare me. The D has been playing stellar all year. Todays game was probably the first game where our D couldnt overcome our offenses short comings.

Niners will win. Harbaugh doesnt lose back to back baby! Infact i feel sorry for the Steelers.

NOOOOOOOT
will Little Ben be playing on Monday night?
First game of the year the we get blown out I'm calling it

9ers 10
Steeles 28
Share 49ersWebzone