LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAMEDAY THREAD (MONDAY NIGHT) ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erJim:
thats why its such a great game for the 49ers, they need to play a team like this if they have any hope of winning a playoff game. They will face teams like this or better in the Play Offs. Its a great test for the 49ers and the 49ers better get used to it. They can beat this team if they play well and zero mistakes. Its better that the49ers play a team like this now.

This is what alot of us were saying about the Ravens game....and we lost. I think the Steelers D is alot better than the Ravens D IMHO.

One fortunate thing is the NFC doesn't have a defense like the Steelers/Ravens.....BUT....we have to worry about scoring points which doesn't help us.
Originally posted by Baldie:
hold on here cowboy. we were playing a good defense on the road and a team that had to win to have any chance of being in the playoffs, so its not a horrible lost, but we need to work on some stuff for sure, the good thing is were going to play a great team with a very good defense and great QB with very good WR'S so its going to be a huge test for the 49ers. I say bring it on, we will really get to see what the 49ers are made of in this must win game. I would rather see them play a team like this now, then so losing team so we can see what the 49ers are made of. It will be a very good test of how far we can go in the playoffs. I welcome it.

I really think our TEST was the Ravens game. To play a team like that on the road in their house, we didn't pass that test. We kept the score close, yes, but we also got bullied all night and couldn't make the plays in the 4th quarter when it mattered. Exactly what AZ did to us today. Playing on the road is what it might come down to in the playoffs and the Ravens game was a true example of a "playoff"atmosphere.

Which is why winning out the rest of the season is important so we get that first round bye, a winnable game at home, with a chance to play in the NFC Championship.

this game was a test because we were without OUR BEST PLAYER! Pwilly is our leader, and zona took av of it, look at all the passes in the middle, that being said, MNF Game is the game that will show us what the true 49ers are made of. P Willy I hope will be back. BTW The Ravens game was much closer then you think, we were tied going into the 4th quarter and we really could have won that game. Some bad on the road ref calls killed us. I want to see this game on Monday Night, that game will tell us all what kind of team the 2011 49ers are.
thats why its such a great game for the 49ers, they need to play a team like this if they have any hope of winning a playoff game. They will face teams like this or better in the Play Offs. Its a great test for the 49ers and the 49ers better get used to it. They can beat this team if they play well and zero mistakes. Its better that the49ers play a team like this now.

This is what alot of us were saying about the Ravens game....and we lost. I think the Steelers D is alot better than the Ravens D IMHO.

One fortunate thing is the NFC doesn't have a defense like the Steelers/Ravens.....BUT....we have to worry about scoring points which doesn't help us.

yes but were coming off a road loss and playing a Home Game, its a huge game for the 49ers and I see us winning this game.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Philly is a passing offense, our D handled that. Same with Detroit, same with NYG. Pitts offense doesnt scare me. The D has been playing stellar all year. Todays game was probably the first game where our D couldnt overcome our offenses short comings.

Niners will win. Harbaugh doesnt lose back to back baby! Infact i feel sorry for the Steelers.

NOOOOOOOT
In each of those games....we were also one play away from losing. We played good....but we didn't play with a comfortable lead. Also our offense was clicking, moving the ball fine.

Everyone knows the 2nd half of the season is when teams turn it up.....and we saw that in the Ravens and AZ losses. The Steelers are still trying to clinch so they will be turned up for this one. Their defense specializes in pressuring the QB.
hold on here cowboy. we were playing a good defense on the road and a team that had to win to have any chance of being in the playoffs, so its not a horrible lost, but we need to work on some stuff for sure, the good thing is were going to play a great team with a very good defense and great QB with very good WR'S so its going to be a huge test for the 49ers. I say bring it on, we will really get to see what the 49ers are made of in this must win game. I would rather see them play a team like this now, then so losing team so we can see what the 49ers are made of. It will be a very good test of how far we can go in the playoffs. I welcome it.

I really think our TEST was the Ravens game. To play a team like that on the road in their house, we didn't pass that test. We kept the score close, yes, but we also got bullied all night and couldn't make the plays in the 4th quarter when it mattered. Exactly what AZ did to us today. Playing on the road is what it might come down to in the playoffs and the Ravens game was a true example of a "playoff"atmosphere.

Which is why winning out the rest of the season is important so we get that first round bye, a winnable game at home, with a chance to play in the NFC Championship.

that was no test, when you have a short ass wk and have to fly all the way to the east coast thats a huge disadvantage. we still couldve won the game anyways if it wasnt for that ticky tack penalty, the team showed it can hang even during the worst situations. we shouldve won todays game, theres no excuse when you start the possession on the opposing teams 6 after a punt return and only get f**king 3, you then kick another damn fg after your defense creates a turnover in the rz and once again you kick 3. this offense makes the defense go on the field so fast after constant horrible 3 and outs and not scoring damn tds, even if the d gave up 21 pts this game shouldve been a win regardless.

harbaugh and roman need to sit their f**king asses down and discuss the play calling because while at times it can be flat out gorgeous at mid field it can be down right hideous at times and especially the rz. they need to spread out opposing defenses by having 4 wide, alex in the shotgun and not having him make 1 read and throw in the rz. 1 thing im realizing is that this offense has dipped big time steadily when morgan was lost for the yr, he was as reliable a wr we have on the roster and seemed to be alex's main guy
if we win, then i feel good.
if we lose, then i feel bad.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
The offense is not up to par with the defense. It it even approaches the D's level...we win this game and the SB, without a doubt in my mind.

But right now we lack that cutting edge. We need to fix the o-line and red zone offense. Biggest concerns right now.
Originally posted by NickV:
The offense is not up to par with the defense. It it even approaches the D's level...we win this game and the SB, without a doubt in my mind.

But right now we lack that cutting edge. We need to fix the o-line and red zone offense. Biggest concerns right now.

Would be like the 94 9ers but the offense will never catch the defense. Anyways, a game we could have lost now becomes a must win. We probably need to win out now. I'm worried about all 3 of these games, especially the next two. Just have to hope ATL or CAR can beat NO on the road cause lord knows the Vikings won't beat them at home. Huge difference between having to play a wildcard game at home and IF we win going to NO and having a bye and playing NO at home but you guys already know that. This team has a lot to work on. Hopefully all these people this year who called others whiners because they said so and so wasn't right or had to be fixed now realized we aren't in fairy land and there will be games you have to play your best or you will lose. Can't be content staying the same and not getting better. There is a lot of room for improvement, especially on the offensive side of the ball (red zone O especially).
CUT EM UP!!!!!
Steelers - 52
49ers - 21

It's gonna be a muddy pit slug fest with a FG deciding the outcome.
Originally posted by thechamber52:
Steelers - 52
49ers - 21

OUr secondary sucks, but not that much.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

We gonna get raped.

he should b in jail
Steelers-49
49ers-9
willis needs to play cuz DAMN larry grant sucked