Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Total Offense
49ers-24th (2794 yards) 25.9 Pts per game 7th in the NFL
Az 19th (2870 yards) 20.3 Pts per game 23rd in the NFL

Total Defense
49ers-12th (3002 yards) 15.3 pts per game 1st in the NFL
Az-27th (3407 yards) 23.7 pts per game 22nd in the NFL

Yards don't mean crap, it's a terrible way to judge an offense/defense. Points win games, and that's the reason we're 8-1.

Notice how i included the points per game

I did, which is why I added those rankings to go along with it.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Total Offense
49ers-24th (2794 yards) 25.9 Pts per game
Az 19th (2870 yards) 20.3 Pts per game

Total Defense
49ers-12th (3002 yards) 15.3 pts per game
Az-27th (3407 yards) 23.7 pts per game

Damn...never thought we'd have a top 10 offense and the #1 defense this year. Still feels like a dream sometimes.
Originally posted by Yunchang:
Originally posted by Otter:
yes, Harbaugh has done a good job of keeping his team focused, but that's been when there is a full week to prepare for each game. With 3 days rest and having to fly to Baltimore, that is a huge distraction. Not to mention this is a division game and those are always tough no matter the record of the opponent. I think we sleep on the Cards and lose.

Cardinals - 21
49ers - 15

Is this prediction made to keep up the trend of picking aginst the Niners so you dont jinx the W?

I think you may be on to something . . .
Getting that 9th win, at home, will be a huge motivator this week, as many of these players, have never experienced a winning NFL season.

The letdown, if one occurs, will come after the nationally-televised game in Baltimore on Thanksgiving.
On to the Cardinals....

Division games are always unpredictable. Skelton looks like he's a better option than Kolb, Beanie Wells is getting better, and their special teams with Patrick Peterson kind of scares me.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Let down game ???

Cards might play this like its their super bowl, but I still think the niners win it in a low scoring game.
Originally posted by susweel:
Let down game ???

Cards might play this like its their super bowl, but I still think the niners win it in a low scoring game.

Agree. We have beaten them in the last 2 years but they have always played us hard.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Getting that 9th win, at home, will be a huge motivator this week, as many of these players, have never experienced a winning NFL season.

The letdown, if one occurs, will come after the nationally-televised game in Baltimore on Thanksgiving.

Flying to the Eastcoast on 4 days rest? I just hope they make it out of Bmore injury free.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
We're going to kick the crap out of Arizona. No doubt about it.
I have faith that Harbaugh will have this team focused on AZ and not looking ahead to the Harbaugh bowl 4 days after.

49ers - 24
Cards - 10

Niners 38
Tards 6
I think we should hold Gore out of this game with another game just 4 days after. He'd be on fumes for Baltimore if he plays this week.
A division game?? Finally!
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
yes, Harbaugh has done a good job of keeping his team focused, but that's been when there is a full week to prepare for each game. With 3 days rest and having to fly to Baltimore, that is a huge distraction. Not to mention this is a division game and those are always tough no matter the record of the opponent. I think we sleep on the Cards and lose.

Cardinals - 21
49ers - 15

Is this prediction made to keep up the trend of picking aginst the Niners so you dont jinx the W?

I would never do that.

I shall now sacrifice a soccer ball to the Football gods.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Cardinals - 21
49ers - 15

This is VERY possible esp. given how tired and worn down the D is/was against a VERY physical Giants team/game. Also, it seemed like we scored quicker and the Giants were very efficient and that meant the D was clearly on the field for long, long stretches. These next two games are going to be very very tough.
Share 49ersWebzone