Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Total Offense
49ers-24th (2794 yards) 25.9 Pts per game 7th in the NFL
Az 19th (2870 yards) 20.3 Pts per game 23rd in the NFL

Total Defense
49ers-12th (3002 yards) 15.3 pts per game 1st in the NFL
Az-27th (3407 yards) 23.7 pts per game 22nd in the NFL

Yards don't mean crap, it's a terrible way to judge an offense/defense. Points win games, and that's the reason we're 8-1.

Notice how i included the points per game

I did, which is why I added those rankings to go along with it.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Total Offense
49ers-24th (2794 yards) 25.9 Pts per game
Az 19th (2870 yards) 20.3 Pts per game

Total Defense
49ers-12th (3002 yards) 15.3 pts per game
Az-27th (3407 yards) 23.7 pts per game

Damn...never thought we'd have a top 10 offense and the #1 defense this year. Still feels like a dream sometimes.
Originally posted by Yunchang:
Originally posted by Otter:
yes, Harbaugh has done a good job of keeping his team focused, but that's been when there is a full week to prepare for each game. With 3 days rest and having to fly to Baltimore, that is a huge distraction. Not to mention this is a division game and those are always tough no matter the record of the opponent. I think we sleep on the Cards and lose.

Cardinals - 21
49ers - 15

Is this prediction made to keep up the trend of picking aginst the Niners so you dont jinx the W?

I think you may be on to something . . .
Getting that 9th win, at home, will be a huge motivator this week, as many of these players, have never experienced a winning NFL season.

The letdown, if one occurs, will come after the nationally-televised game in Baltimore on Thanksgiving.
On to the Cardinals....

Division games are always unpredictable. Skelton looks like he's a better option than Kolb, Beanie Wells is getting better, and their special teams with Patrick Peterson kind of scares me.
Let down game ???

Cards might play this like its their super bowl, but I still think the niners win it in a low scoring game.
Originally posted by susweel:
Let down game ???

Cards might play this like its their super bowl, but I still think the niners win it in a low scoring game.

Agree. We have beaten them in the last 2 years but they have always played us hard.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Getting that 9th win, at home, will be a huge motivator this week, as many of these players, have never experienced a winning NFL season.

The letdown, if one occurs, will come after the nationally-televised game in Baltimore on Thanksgiving.

Flying to the Eastcoast on 4 days rest? I just hope they make it out of Bmore injury free.
We're going to kick the crap out of Arizona. No doubt about it.
I have faith that Harbaugh will have this team focused on AZ and not looking ahead to the Harbaugh bowl 4 days after.

49ers - 24
Cards - 10
Niners 38
Tards 6
I think we should hold Gore out of this game with another game just 4 days after. He'd be on fumes for Baltimore if he plays this week.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for Thenextgreat.
A division game?? Finally!
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
yes, Harbaugh has done a good job of keeping his team focused, but that's been when there is a full week to prepare for each game. With 3 days rest and having to fly to Baltimore, that is a huge distraction. Not to mention this is a division game and those are always tough no matter the record of the opponent. I think we sleep on the Cards and lose.

Cardinals - 21
49ers - 15

Is this prediction made to keep up the trend of picking aginst the Niners so you dont jinx the W?

I would never do that.

I shall now sacrifice a soccer ball to the Football gods.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Cardinals - 21
49ers - 15

This is VERY possible esp. given how tired and worn down the D is/was against a VERY physical Giants team/game. Also, it seemed like we scored quicker and the Giants were very efficient and that meant the D was clearly on the field for long, long stretches. These next two games are going to be very very tough.