LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
First of all we are the ones that broke Romo's ribs. 2nd, we went on the road and beat the Bengals 6-2. Say what you want about the past, but they are legit right now! We have only played one div game and through 8 games, the teams we have played have the best winning percentage of anyone in the league so far. If the Niners were going to implode it would have been the first 8 weeks. This team in crazy consistent, which i think is the formula for a high degree of success. gonna be a great game sunday!!!! Also havent allowed a 100 yard rusher in 30 games now! its on ELI which i dont mind to much.

Eli is the number 3 ranked QB in the league this year.

Its been on him all year, and all year he has performed.
Originally posted by NYGIANTSFAN516:
Niners d has been great, but you havent seen a WR core this deep.

and your team hasnt faced a D like this before.
Originally posted by walker807:
Lets not get too worried guys. This is the same Giants team that lost in Washington and lost at home to the seachickens. They had a good win over the Bills at home and last week at the pats but have lost to 2 bad teams and have had a fairly easy schedule. The niners are by far the best defense the Giants will have faced this year and start what will be a tough stretch for the Giants in the second half of their schedule. I think this will be a very good game and will prove which team has what it takes.

Lost in Washington with 9 starters missing the game..

And yes we played like s**t vs Seattle, but if Cruz catches that ball we win.

49ers have 2 impressive wins IMO Vs Lions and Vs Tampa.
They also lost to Dallas at home when Romo had broken ribs and punctured lung.

Every team has a bad loss, its the NFL.

49ers Schedule hasnt been that hard either

Browns
Seattle
Eagles
Redskins
Tampa (Who you destroyed)

Giants had
Miami
Arizona
Eagles
Rams

We also beat the 4-1 Bills and 5-2 Patriots (on the road)

I would also add the win against Cincy in their home opener to the list of accomplishments for the niners. The Giants team that showed up in NE on sunday was very good and took advantage late to the Pats horrendous defense. I'm just letting other niner fans not too worry too much considering the Gmen gave up 36 points at home to the Hawks, which is very bad. I guess the point I am trying to make is that the Giants version of bad is much worse than the Niners version of bad.
playoff game in November.

we're the best team the NYG has faced, and they're the best we've faced.

old school NFC rivalry.

can't wait for this game!
I agree this is the best ELI we have seen in a couple seasons, I dont mind puttin the game on him though, he has the propensity for being a pick machine. Maybe that Eli will show up Sunday. Gonna be so fun to have this big of a game in San Fran!!
Lost in Washington with 9 starters missing the game..

And yes we played like s**t vs Seattle, but if Cruz catches that ball we win.

49ers have 2 impressive wins IMO Vs Lions and Vs Tampa.
They also lost to Dallas at home when Romo had broken ribs and punctured lung.

Every team has a bad loss, its the NFL.

49ers Schedule hasnt been that hard either

Browns
Seattle
Eagles
Redskins
Tampa (Who you destroyed)

Giants had
Miami
Arizona
Eagles
Rams

We also beat the 4-1 Bills and 5-2 Patriots (on the road)

You left out our win at the Bengals. The impressive 6-2 Bengals. The Eagles was a big win for us too. They play better than their record. You can see it last night against the Bears. The Giants seems to have a bit more better wins over opponents then the Niners, but not by much. Winning against the Patriots was very good. I saw a little bit of that game.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

old school NFC rivalry.

I think the Giants in NY would be the best we've faced. I would take the Giants at candlestick any day of the week over Cincy in Cincy or Detroit in Detroit.
So I got this as the Giants toughest game yet and the niners third toughest. Toughest game at home though so far considering tampa didn't show up to play.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
I think Jacobs size has a big effect late in the 4th quarter. Eli does just enough to pass on our suspect secondary. The Giants D creates pressure, against our ok o-line, with just 4 guys allowing their LBs to stop the run and clog any passing lanes. Giants win 27-9, showing that while we're better than we've been the last 8 years, we still have a lot of work to do.
i'd love to see some of the guys from the 80's on both teams wearing old school jerseys at midfield for the coin toss on sunday
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
i'd love to see some of the guys from the 80's on both teams wearing old school jerseys at midfield for the coin toss on sunday

Rathman will be on the field.

old school NFC rivalry.

I think the Giants in NY would be the best we've faced. I would take the Giants at candlestick any day of the week over Cincy in Cincy or Detroit in Detroit.
So I got this as the Giants toughest game yet and the niners third toughest. Toughest game at home though so far considering tampa didn't show up to play.

Yeah, Detroit in Detroit might be tougher--that game, to me, also had an "early playoff" atmosphere--but the Giants are experienced and deep and have many more weapons on offense and Eli is much better than Stafford.

Definitely our toughest home game so far. We need to exert an advantage here, for once.
Originally posted by Otter:
I think Jacobs size has a big effect late in the 4th quarter. Eli does just enough to pass on our suspect secondary. The Giants D creates pressure, against our ok o-line, with just 4 guys allowing their LBs to stop the run and clog any passing lanes. Giants win 27-9, showing that while we're better than we've been the last 8 years, we still have a lot of work to do.

Originally posted by valrod33:
This is gonna be a tough game, wouldnt be shocked if we lost. Giants are a good team. I think its gonna be a close game and hopefully bad Eli shows up

Niners win 20-17

Bad ELI hasnt shown up all year.

Yes I know you will reference the 3 int game VS Seattle.

1 Pick was on ELI.
1 Pick was Cruz slipped or its a game winning TD .
and the last pick was garbage time 4th down play.

Expect more slips, from your receivers as well as your dELI. As stated once before, rain and mud are in the cards for this game.
Out of the 8 games we have played, how many running backs have even finished. We have knocked out at least 5. Jacobs isnt fast enough or elusive enough to hurt us. Legarret Blount is just as big, younger and faster. Look what we did to him. Jacobs is old and slow, that is just a fact. His body has taken to much of a pounding.

old school NFC rivalry.

Yeah, Detroit in Detroit might be tougher--that game, to me, also had an "early playoff" atmosphere--but the Giants are experienced and deep and have many more weapons on offense and Eli is much better than Stafford.

Definitely our toughest home game so far. We need to exert an advantage here, for once.

It will definitely be interesting to see. I still feel like the niners played down to the competition against the browns and need to be truly challenged at home.
Share 49ersWebzone