There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
both u guys are haters! alex played a very good game, over threw a couple of guys. but this a very very good game. quit hatin on the guy.. please he still has only been in this offense for 3 months give the guy a chance! alex can ball it up.

Thats where your wrong. I don't hate Alex and have been one of his biggest supporters since his arrival. I have been sterotyped a Alexcuse guy many times and just because I think its crazy to say this guy is a top five quaterback doesn't mean that I do not respect the terrific game managing the man has been putting forth out there, Not to mention I was very impressed with the amount of leadership he showed in the offseason during the lockout. But Alex is not in the same league with guys like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers. Is he solid, yes, but not great. Will he ever be, we will see but right now he is not a top five quarterback in the NFL.

While we're on this, why is it when somebody isn't completely kissing everybody's jock on the 49ers, that person is a hater. Some of you guys crack me up...
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Oct 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM ]
Originally posted by THEB:
ACTUALLY....

Kurt Warner said Alex Smith was a top 5 QB on NFL Network.

Now who do i believe? some nobody on an internet forum, or someone who actually played the game and knows what a top 5 QB looks like?

So you would rank Alex Smith up there with Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodgers?
Originally posted by JayDAche:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
So predictable...I totally knew those were coming. Gives upcoming opponents a little something extra to worry about.

I literally laughed out loud for both of those first downs.

Soap has some wheels. I thought that was miller at first! haha
I have noted that in games the Niners coaching staff seems to thinks points will have to be scored the offense is more creative---this was a game they thought they could win playing conservative---and they did win that way.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I have noted that in games the Niners coaching staff seems to thinks points will have to be scored the offense is more creative---this was a game they thought they could win playing conservative---and they did win that way.

conservative almost cost us the game.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Soap has some wheels. I thought that was miller at first! haha

That was a 300 plus man too. It was a thing of beauty. It was like a beefed up Jason Voorhees trucking downfield in Red and Gold...
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
I don't know what people you are talking about, but other than people giving Alex credit for not turning the ball over, nobody has called him a top ten quarterback, much less top five... .

ACTUALLY....

Kurt Warner said Alex Smith was a top 5 QB on NFL Network.

Now who do i believe? some nobody on an internet forum, or someone who actually played the game and knows what a top 5 QB looks like?

No. Susweel knows more...
Although I think there should have been a little more vertical passing (read: past the LOS) in that second half, man, it is fun to watch these games.

There is 3 to 5 new plays every game! It's great! Passing to Soap and Staley today, along with the Alex Smith designed sweep, were things of excitement.

I think by week 16 we will be a well-oiled machine. I think Hunter should maybe get a few more touches, but it's nbd if Gore's got 100+ yards in the first half.

If you think this is bland, wow, I'm not sure what you've been watching for the past 8 years (except with Turner).
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 30, 2011 at 7:19 PM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Although I think there should have been a little more vertical passing (read: past the LOS) in that second half, man, it is fun to watch these games.

There is 3 to 5 new plays every game! It's great! Passing to Soap and Staley today, along with the Alex Smith designed sweep, were things of excitement.

I think by week 16 we will be a well-oiled machine. I think Hunter should maybe get a few more touches, but it's nbd if Gore's got 100+ yards in the first half.

If you think this is bland, wow, I'm not sure what you've been watching for the past 8 years (except with Turner).
I would give the ball to Hunter to keep the wear and tear off of Gore for the playoffs.
Compared to the last few years Nope it isnt predictable.
I don't think so. I think Harbs figured that he wouldn't have to do much to defeat Cleveland (and he was right). Likely to maintain some element of surprise for future games. Watching us over the course of the season, you see that he switches up plays as needed. If we're winning by running, then he sticks with it. If they happen to take away the run (like Dallas did) then we go passing. Also -- and this can't be repeated enough -- we haven't really gotten that deep into the playbook.

And when you think about it, that's the best part. We're 6-1 and haven't even hit our stride yet.
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:
Passes to Snyder and Soap would say the answer to that question is no.
this but the pass wasn't to snyder it was to staley.

D'O-line! I have offensive line dyslexia
Originally posted by QBguru:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
the officiating has been bad all year long, IMO.

HOWEVER, that hit is a penalty, each and every time, whether we like it or not. Goldson knows that. He can't do that. It's not fair, its stupid, but that's the way it is. Every single officiating crew is going to call that a penalty.

I seen the replay a times and goldson hit him with his forearm. Thats fine. Call it a penalty but as I said these penalties MUST be reviewable because its gonna cost a team a game soon.

there are too many stoppages in the game already. every time i blinked today it was another commercial. players need to learn the rules and play accordingly. that's just how it is. ideally the refs will call a clean game, but the players need to make sure they are playing within the rules. we don't have to like the rule changes--i certainly think Goldson's hit should be clean--but when it comes down to it, you know they are going to call that every time so you just can't do it. i don't think reviewing penalties will benefit the game in any way.
Yes it is. We pass to our linemen every week.
Let's go 49ers!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home