There are 175 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CLEVELAND BROWNS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I didn't consider the injury thing, so that's a good point. But I was hoping he'd flatten a CB or Safety and stay in bounds to keep the clock moving.

Also, big guys and guys who never handle the ball are very prone to fumbling. Probably should have just slid down but a moot point because we won. Although, Staley and Soap both seemed to have secured the ball nicely. Things change once you get hit though.

Glad they finally threw to them. What this does is make other teams take account for the fat linemen in the future. They now know we're not scared to throw it their way.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I didn't consider the injury thing, so that's a good point. But I was hoping he'd flatten a CB or Safety and stay in bounds to keep the clock moving.

Also, big guys and guys who never handle the ball are very prone to fumbling. Probably should have just slid down but a moot point because we won. Although, Staley and Soap both seemed to have secured the ball nicely. Things change once you get hit though.

Glad they finally threw to them. What this does is make other teams take account for the fat linemen in the future. They now know we're not scared to throw it their way.

I had thought they would do this at the goal line. I even called for Synder before the game for a TD. Right idea wrong situation and guy for me.

Another good point, didn't consider possibly fumbling the ball either. But Staley is a former TE and Soap played rugby and read that both got to practice those plays, so they do have some experience with the ball and like you said, it looked pretty secure when they ran after the catch.
Also, love how they used both Staley and Sopoaga as TEs and got them a pass. Very surprised Sopoaga ran out of bounds, those cover guys are HALF your size, run them the f*** over like you do in run blocking situations!

Fixed.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
god damn those commentators for CBS suck ass. I thought I was listening to a local high school game. Turrible, just turrible!

When they said ''If the niners win today, They clinch the division, but thats mathematically impossible right now'' and laugh it off
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
I hope not. Look for Harbaugh to attempt to set the tone early with the power and try to dominate with the run. I'm not expecting a big game out of Alex. But, what do I know?

I see a closer game. Niners 24-10.

Looks like you almost win with your prediction
I love seeing gore run the ball the way he does. I was worried about him the first couple of games but he looks to be in top form. My fav Niner and soon to be the teams all time leading rusher.
Bruce Miller had a NICE block on one of the long Gore runs. Buh-Bye Norris.
Bruce Miller had a NICE block on one of the long Gore runs. Buh-Bye Norris.

They will keep him around just in case Miller gets hurt but he wont be suiting up on gamedays anymore
Offtopic:

ESPN's Merril Hoge rolled his eyes when Antonio Pierce suggested the 49ers would finish 12-4 and earn the No. 2 seed in the NFC playoffs. Hoge said he thought the 49ers would come up short against elite teams, including the Saints. He pointed to the weak NFC West. "I'm sorry, Merril," Pierce said. "I'm going to have to cut you off. They have only beaten one team in their division. The other five wins, outside their division. Tampa Bay, Detroit. They've played some good teams and put a smacking on them."

Could anyone tell me how this moron got his job???