There are 244 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CLEVELAND BROWNS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Harbaugh described the win perfectly . . . "It wasn't perfect, but it was beautiful."
Did anyone see the Highlights in NFLN Jaime Dukes (a self proclaimed Alex Smith Hater) has trouble admitting that Alex is have a decent year here's the link check it out

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011103009/2011/REG8/browns@49ers#menu=highlights&tab=recap
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Harbaugh described the win perfectly . . . "It wasn't perfect, but it was beautiful."

sounds like the first time I had sex
Was it just me or did the team just not seem interested in the game today? It was almost like they were thinking "yea these chumps aren't even worth our effort"
Thats fun stuff, I love thispart each week. But use this link:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8239ee41/Browns-vs-49ers-highlights
If anyone has a video of the Dashon Goldson hit, please upload that
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I hate to rip on the bay area, since that's where was born and raised and I mostly love it there, but all the complaining and the "40 whiners" label etc, is unfortunately a very real part of the culture. Whether they're spoiled, or just contrarian, anyone who has been around enough to compare the population to anywhere else can see it.

Some Niner fans will be critical of a super bowl win.

It's something in the culture where people can't take anything at face value and believe they know something that other people don't. It's well exemplified in the Southpark episode where they're driving around in Prius' high-fiving each other and smelling their own farts.

Just look at the parking lot where people swear they are enlightened and turn up their nose to other peoples' opinions. They'll arrogantly put up some argument that may or may not be true, but whether or not it is, they'll be dismissive and condescending toward people that disagree. I'll admit that I even catch myself falling into it occasionally, but at least I'm aware of it and try to avoid it.

I love a lot of things about the bay area, but unfortunately, the culture of snobby condescension is very real.

wow.

Best post i've read on here in awhile. Good job. Too bad it'll be brushed aside and forgotten in the ignorance wasteland that is NinerTalk.

Not brushed aside. Not forgotten. You just need to not let the ignorance get to you. Remember the old rule? Just let it slide, let it slide.

Life's too short.
Originally posted by FriscoFitted:
Did anyone see the Highlights in NFLN Jaime Dukes (a self proclaimed Alex Smith Hater) has trouble admitting that Alex is have a decent year here's the link check it out

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011103009/2011/REG8/browns@49ers#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Tis OK. Because Berman is giving us lots of love. And that's all that matters. Berman is still the king. Everyone else can go hang.
FWIW, today's teams coming off a bye were 5-1 . . . only loss was New England

What a hater man.

"This guy has only hit 200+ yards 2 times all season...you think thats going to win you the super bowl?"

Uhh news flash dick cheese....it's gotten us a 6-1 record so OBVIOUSLY it doesn't really matter.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

What a hater man.

"This guy has only hit 200+ yards 2 times all season...you think thats going to win you the super bowl?"

Uhh news flash dick cheese....it's gotten us a 6-1 record so OBVIOUSLY it doesn't really matter.

Don't give him dick cheese-he'll eat that.

What a hater man.

they love fantasy stats too much, they love cam newton, they like losing.
What a hater man.

No, it hasn't mattered "yet". The point that these guys are trying to make, and I do agree with it to a point, is what happens when we play an elite team? Eventually we are going to play someone that our defense just can't shut down completely, and if we get into a shoot-out type game - 150 yards and 10-17 points isn't going to cut it.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
What a hater man.

No, it hasn't mattered "yet". The point that these guys are trying to make, and I do agree with it to a point, is what happens when we play an elite team? Eventually we are going to play someone that our defense just can't shut down completely, and if we get into a shoot-out type game - 150 yards and 10-17 points isn't going to cut it.

But...we...are...putting...up...more...than 150 yards and 17 points.

And for what its worth...when we played the Eagles...when it "mattered" we did put up 291 yards passing and 2 passing TDs. When we played the "elite" Lions...we did what we had to do to get it done.

Honestly...this happens every week and it's irritating. Every week we hear the same s**t.."oh our guys better be ready for this...the ____________ have the best _____________ and Alex better be able to _____________." And guess what? We get our s**t done and pull out the win...against these so called "test" games and good teams.

I see what you're saying but if Gore is consistently putting up 120-130+ yards, the defense is playing well, and Alex is consistently putting up 175 yards...then what diff does it make? Another reason we don't have huge numbers is field position. I don't have the link right now but that article regarding our efficiency is very telling. When you only need 70 yards, on average, to get a TD...then who cares how many yards passing we have?

And for what it's worth, the Browns technically have the 2nd best pass defense in the league so isn't that "elite?"

In any case...the big picture here is that the OFFENSIVE LINE is playing 1000000000000x better than before.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
What a hater man.

10-17 pts? Before today we were averaging almost 28pts per game.
Share 49ersWebzone