LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CLEVELAND BROWNS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Sorry but I think your post is rather pathetic. setting myself up for disappointment, huh? I'm going to go ahead feel good about my team being 6-1 after 9 years of trash. The "big boys" can f**k off.

Couldn't agree more AXE. Kray said we could always play with anyone. That it was winning that was the problem. I guess someone should show him the team record and the standings.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Everyone on ESPN picks us to win. I think this is the first time everyone picked us to win this season?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

lol only Hoge picked the cowboys vs. the eagles

lol cowboys suck

Also Wickersham picked the Rams to beat the Saints LOL

holy didn't see that........trap game I guess

why laugh? off the wall upsets happen all the time in the nfl, s**t some months i pay my rent on a single wager during nfl season

They do happen all the time, but not in this game. The Rams secondary is in absolute tatters against a team that just hung 62 points . . . . . . foolish.

ahem, so u were saying? ya, i just cashed a ticket, rams on the money line, betting with off the board selcetions pays off sometimes, and more often in the nfl than any other sport
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
spencer has been injured and somewhat slow coming back, from my understanding, but Brown is the #2, not the #3.

Thanks but I still would go Rogers, Culliver, Brock, Brown, Spencer if it was up to me. Brown is more of a 4 then a 2.

Brown has been solid at times, but definitely needs to be replaced at some point. Not sure Cully is ready yet though.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by kray28:
Whatever man. We can play with any team in this league. No amount of hating is going to change that.

It's always been the case that we can "play with any team" in this league, it's that winning was the problem.

We need to face and beat a few of the big boys to seriously be considered legit. And so that begs the question: who have we beat so far?

You're just setting yourself up for disappointment. The Niners are playing well enough to beat whoever they draw, and have actually blown out only one team, and even that game wasn't as dominant a performance as the score showed. We beat a Philly team that should have beat us....that was our most impressive game to date, we beat a Detroit team that is not that great either, and we lost to Dallas because Harbaugh was too conservative and coaching scared.

Sorry but I think your post is rather pathetic. setting myself up for disappointment, huh? I'm going to go ahead feel good about my team being 6-1 after 9 years of trash. The "big boys" can f**k off.

Agreed. Loving and enjoying victory is not setting oneself up for disappointment.. it's part of being a fan. Some here act like it's a crime, and the only reaction to be allowed is to complain and degrade the team. We could win the Super Bowl and these people would be unsatisfied somehow.

We've beaten plenty of good teams already. It won't matter if we lose to the Steelers, Ravens, Giants, or any other team with a winning record. Even when you're good, losses to good teams still can happen. Ask the Patriots today. Heck, losses to BAD teams can even happen. (Ask the Ravens, and Green Bay, with their scare against Minny last week).
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Agreed. Loving and enjoying victory is not setting oneself up for disappointment.. it's part of being a fan. Some here act like it's a crime, and the only reaction to be allowed is to complain and degrade the team. We could win the Super Bowl and these people would be unsatisfied somehow.

We've beaten plenty of good teams already. It won't matter if we lose to the Steelers, Ravens, Giants, or any other team with a winning record. Even when you're good, losses to good teams still can happen. Ask the Patriots today. Heck, losses to BAD teams can even happen. (Ask the Ravens, and Green Bay, with their scare against Minny last week).

Or the Saints today. It was a nice way for the Rams to end the brutal part of the schedule with putting up 31 points while only letting Brees score in garbage time.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Brown has been solid at times, but definitely needs to be replaced at some point. Not sure Cully is ready yet though.

Yeah but he usually is the one to give up that big play each game. He isn't bad and certainly is worth the 5th we spent on him just not sure Brock or Culliver wouldn't be the better option at 2. I'd keep Brown around and wouldn't mind him at 4.
I hate to rip on the bay area, since that's where was born and raised and I mostly love it there, but all the complaining and the "40 whiners" label etc, is unfortunately a very real part of the culture. Whether they're spoiled, or just contrarian, anyone who has been around enough to compare the population to anywhere else can see it.

Some Niner fans will be critical of a super bowl win.

It's something in the culture where people can't take anything at face value and believe they know something that other people don't. It's well exemplified in the Southpark episode where they're driving around in Prius' high-fiving each other and smelling their own farts.

Just look at the parking lot where people swear they are enlightened and turn up their nose to other peoples' opinions. They'll arrogantly put up some argument that may or may not be true, but whether or not it is, they'll be dismissive and condescending toward people that disagree. I'll admit that I even catch myself falling into it occasionally, but at least I'm aware of it and try to avoid it.

I love a lot of things about the bay area, but unfortunately, the culture of snobby condescension is very real.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Oct 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I hate to rip on the bay area, since that's where was born and raised and I mostly love it there, but all the complaining and the "40 whiners" label etc, is unfortunately a very real part of the culture. Whether they're spoiled, or just contrarian, anyone who has been around enough to compare the population to anywhere else can see it.

It's something in the culture where people can't take anything at face value and believe they know something that other people don't. It's well exemplified in the Southpark episode where they're driving around in Prius' high-fiving each other and smelling their own farts.

Just look at the parking lot where people swear they are enlightened and turn up their nose to other peoples' opinions. They'll arrogantly put up some argument that may or may not be true, but whether or not it is, they'll be dismissive and condescending toward people that disagree. I'll admit that I even catch myself falling into it occasionally, but at least I'm aware of it and try to avoid it.

I love a lot of things about the bay area, but unfortunately, the culture of snobby condescension is very real.

where was delanie walker in this game? saw very little of him
Originally posted by btwagner:
where was delanie walker in this game? saw very little of him

i only saw him when he ran off the field with his helmet off to the locker room at the end of the game lol i was like "oh there's delanie"

Originally posted by mug0mug:

wow.

Best post i've read on here in awhile. Good job. Too bad it'll be brushed aside and forgotten in the ignorance wasteland that is NinerTalk.
Good win. The offense seemed to go flat in the second half, can't do that against good teams. The Cleveland D is pretty good though.

The game plan can't be all things for everybody in every game. So Delanie didn't get much action, neither did VD.

I think this week they need to spend an inordinate amount of time getting Alex's throws on target to Crabs, and hitting VD in stride! That seems to be one glaring weakness in our offense.

Congrats to Gore today! He's great. But in reality, the running game lacked balance with Hunter. The Gore-Hunter combo makes both more effective, and they seemed to overwork Gore today.

Is Spencer still hurt or something? I'm not seeing him participating? Tarrell Brown had a few more throws than usual today, but he has been holding up well lately. Chris Culliver looks SOLID and is coming along nicely.

Lastly, on the Goldston hit - I thought it wasn't an illegal hit. And frankly, even if it was, I don't mind taking those "close-to-call" big hits when we have the lead -- it send a message to the other receivers that this is the defense's area of the field and they better expect to get hit when they catch the ball. Ronnie Lotts hits kept a lot of receivers wondering about running and catching the ball!! I like that in a defense.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Thanks but I still would go Rogers, Culliver, Brock, Brown, Spencer if it was up to me. Brown is more of a 4 then a 2.

This is the silliest thing I hear - when fans think they know the depth chart better than a clearly competent coaching staff! With Sing or Nolan, I'd could share the frustration and wanted to see if other talent, young talent, could do better. But with the D playing well with Fangio, you have to believe that FANGIO and the D staff are far better judges of who is going to play their scheme the best!! Jeeez. And with a good coaching staff, this could change a bit week-to-week as match-ups dictate.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Good win. The offense seemed to go flat in the second half, can't do that against good teams. The Cleveland D is pretty good though.

The game plan can't be all things for everybody in every game. So Delanie didn't get much action, neither did VD.

I think this week they need to spend an inordinate amount of time getting Alex's throws on target to Crabs, and hitting VD in stride! That seems to be one glaring weakness in our offense.

Congrats to Gore today! He's great. But in reality, the running game lacked balance with Hunter. The Gore-Hunter combo makes both more effective, and they seemed to overwork Gore today.

Is Spencer still hurt or something? I'm not seeing him participating? Tarrell Brown had a few more throws than usual today, but he has been holding up well lately. Chris Culliver looks SOLID and is coming along nicely.

Lastly, on the Goldston hit - I thought it wasn't an illegal hit. And frankly, even if it was, I don't mind taking those "close-to-call" big hits when we have the lead -- it send a message to the other receivers that this is the defense's area of the field and they better expect to get hit when they catch the ball. Ronnie Lotts hits kept a lot of receivers wondering about running and catching the ball!! I like that in a defense.

Nice post. The one thing I like about this win is it really gives Harbaugh and the coaching staff things for this team to work and improve on this week for sure. Ready for the team to improve and get even better next week and beyond.
A win is a win, little injuries and took another step. Need to watch the film and find out what the hell happened in the 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone