There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
As soon as the ball was snapped, I knew it was going to be either a sack of a turnover. Staley got beat off the snap so bad.

It hurts when u can see it coming like that.
Originally posted by flow:
If Alex threw to Crabtree on that play, Captain Tip-drill would have saved the day... for the Lions.

it would have been a lob so you can't tip that
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
If Alex threw to Crabtree on that play, Captain Tip-drill would have saved the day... for the Lions.

it would have been a lob so you can't tip that

Crabtree would have found a way to tip it. That's why he's Captain Tip-drill.
Maybe he should tell on Bellicek again
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
As soon as the ball was snapped, I knew it was going to be either a sack of a turnover. Staley got beat off the snap so bad.

It hurts when u can see it coming like that.

idk i thought there was a glimmer of hope that smith would step up in the pocket, but no

Because Alex would have thrown it over his head
The left side of the Niner O-line all agree that the guy was off-sides. They were closer than the refs and a lot closer than you. If you experts don't mind, I'll go with the left side of the Niner O'-line's analysis.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Because Alex would have thrown it over his head

Yup. That's why he has 35 TDs and 1 INT in the redzone for his career.
Did we get the touchdown?

Yes.

Then it was the right read.
lol tell'em hes IMangining it. Both players knew the reads and Walker knew he was getting the ball. There was no blown coverage.
He made the play so who cares if he misread it.
He wasn't offsides.
Originally posted by susweel:
He made the play so who cares if he misread it.

Exactly. Gotta love how Mangini was all "Alex got lucky." Really? Perfect ball placement is lucky? Gee, I can't believe no one has offered this guy another coaching job
Don't care if he was offsides as you still need to take care of your QB. Staley should have tackled him rather than giving him free access...though perhaps he couldn't catch him, even by the ankles.

But, as bad as the start of the game was with this play and the penalties, the 9ers really held up well. They are one tough team and I am so happy to be a fan.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mickey49:
Did we get the touchdown?

Yes.

Then it was the right read.