There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Same guys saying we were going to lose the damn game.....trying to figure out how we won the game.....
he was offsides
and f**k kyle vanden bosch

Didnt do s**t the rest of the games
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah D Walk and Alex both said they did everything right and got what they wanted. Crabtree was basically supposed to run the 2 guys off from what I understand. That created the opening for D Walk.

No defense for a great pass and a 250 lb TE carrying a safety for a TD
How does he know what Smith was thinking?
Some one needs to tell those tools, the schedule has not "been our friend". Unlike Green Bay our wins have come against high quality opponents, as a matter of fact I read somewhere that our opponents have the best record of any group beaten by a top team. In other words we have played the toughest schedule of any of the top five winning teams! Second we beat the "Mighty Lions" with our 3rd and 4th wide outs! By any accounts Morgan and Edwards are the two best wr's on the team! As for Alex throwing to Walker instead of Crabtree, easy choice Crabtree just can't be trusted to make that catch, thats why Crabs is the #3 receiver on this team! So Maybe we don't run the table, but really look at our schedule, we have 3 games that could be losses, Ravens, Steelers, and Giants. We have a good chance at winning any of those games, say we lose all 3, thats 12-4, and that aint bad! I feel strongly that we can win 2 out of 3 there, 14 and 2? sounds crazy, but unless Seattle upsets us on the road, we have a real shot at it! Still 10 games to play in the softest part of our schedule yet to come, and these tools have us going 6-4? Really so say we lose the afore mentioned 3 games, and Seattle upsets us..... just don't see it! I don't know if I'm more geeked about getting Edwards back, or the thought of the Edwards and Morgan healthy next season! Holy Crap man we are going to be BETTER next season, let that soak in! With the reletive youth on this team, those tools on TV better get used to talking about us!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Oct 22, 2011 at 4:41 PM ]
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I get Mangini's point, but frankly, that is the lamest thing I have heard.

#1. The alignment was man coverage -- no mistake there.
#2. The movement of the inside coverage guy -- back and too the outside -- was the read, not the specific coverage!! As a matter of fact, both coverage guys on that side seem to initially favor covering the outside. What else was Smith supposed to read? The route combination was doing exactly what it was supposed to do, get the inside cover to move back and outside! BECAUSE, Delaney would flash in front of that for the slant.
#3. Regardless of whether this was a disguised coverage or the inside guy read the QB's eyes and broke his coverage back inside, his initial movement back and outside created the lane for the route, the throw, and the forward progress for the TD.

YEAH, after the fact you might say teh coverage was a disguise -- but it is irrelvant to the offensive design and execution!

GIVE ME A BREAK Mangini -- maybe that's why you aren't a HC anymore, you are tooo smart for your own good.

Are you talking about the last TD Alex Smith threw in the Detroit game?
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Are you talking about the last TD Alex Smith threw in the Detroit game?

Yes.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
and f**k kyle vanden bosch

Didnt do s**t the rest of the games

If he would take out those ridiculous contacts he would see that he's an ass clown.
As soon as the ball was snapped, I knew it was going to be either a sack of a turnover. Staley got beat off the snap so bad.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aacadena:
No defense for a great pass and a 250 lb TE carrying a safety for a TD

This...it was a perfect play. Alex correctly read a small DB on Walker and that's a big mismatch there considering we only need a few yards. It was a perfect read.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Agreed. He needs to step it up. He has a long way to go before being a franchise LT

He shut down Bosch for the rest of the game. Staley had a great game, except that first play. I'll take that.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
In reviewing the Vanden Bosch -- I don't think he was off-sides, to me, he seems to move right on the snap and cross the line as the snap is going back to Smith. The discouraging thing about the review -- if Staley didn't get owned on a simple outside speed rush -- it looks like Smith had both VD in the seam and the outside receiver break open for potentially big gains.

That could have totally changed the way the game opened, and taken the crowd down a notch.

What I like about this is that JH seems to have called a pretty agressive opening play. Good coaching again!

You might criticize that the play should have planned to give help to Vanden Bosch's side if the throw was to go deep. But I say Staley should have done his job better.

How were you able to see video of the receivers down the field? The TV cameras only showed the sack with subsequent fumble recovery.
  • flow
  • Veteran
If Alex threw to Crabtree on that play, Captain Tip-drill would have saved the day... for the Lions.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
How were you able to see video of the receivers down the field? The TV cameras only showed the sack with subsequent fumble recovery.

On NFL Rewind, they have the coaches film available for this play, and from the side whole field view you can see the receivers.