There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

lmao, wtf was this dude thinking???? thanks tho!

when he to up after the play, he was signaling to the coach, "I threw it, incomplete pass"
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The Eagles have now lost three straight games. It's a big win but I wouldn't say we beat a strong team. The eagles are struggling and have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL.

That pass defense didn't look too hot either.
alex did have the best passing stats of eli manning matt ryan and bradford against them though

yea, that was no fluke either. Alex's passes were on point yesterday. Even that bomb to Crabtree that fell incomplete was right where it needed to be.

The Eagles are a strong team they just lack momentum at the moment. No need to list the wealth of talent they have on top of a solid coaching foundation AND at home. The fact that Ryan, Manning, and the Rams' savior Bradford each could not outplay Alex is high praise. Kudos to Crabtree for working Nnamdi and then juking him.

REDEEMED!
[ Edited by sf49ersx11 on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:45 AM ]
mattbarrows
Must disturburb his fashion sense. @valrod33: Whats up w/ Costanzo at game's end bugging Harbaugh about untucking his (harbaughs) shirt?
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows
Must disturburb his fashion sense. @valrod33: Whats up w/ Costanzo at game's end bugging Harbaugh about untucking his (harbaughs) shirt?

Noticed that and it must be an inside joke...though Harbaugh didn't look amused.
The player of the game is Frank Gore.

The go ahead TD drive was dominated by Gore and Hunter. The final drive when the niners simply needed a first down or two to secure the win (and the eagles were putting everyone at the LOS to stop the run, Gore still rumbled for 5 yards a carry and sealed the win.

The go ahead TD drive was dominated by Gore and Hunter. The final drive when the niners simply needed a first down or two to secure the win (and the eagles were putting everyone at the LOS to stop the run, Gore still rumbled for 5 yards a carry and sealed the win.

Why can't the line block like that all the time...

Also, I know you don't like Smith, but considering who we were playing against and their strengths and weaknesses, I think Smith should be the bigger story.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:49 AM ]
I don't dislike Alex but he has sucked for a long time and still hasn't played a complete game (played well for an entire game). Yesterday was awesome though and he stepped it up bigtime in the 2nd half. He played a big part in that victory but it was Frank Gore that came through in the clutch and put us over the top.

Also, I know you don't like Smith, but considering who we were playing against and their strengths and weaknesses, I think Smith should be the bigger story.

We were playing against the now 1-3 eagles. That highly touted secondary has not played well this season.
I don't dislike Alex but he has sucked for a long time and still hasn't played a complete game (played well for an entire game). Yesterday was awesome though and he stepped it up bigtime in the 2nd half. He played a big part in that victory but it was Frank Gore that came through in the clutch and put us over the top.

Totally agree

Because the passing game opened up the run, it's WCO at it's finest!

Even if Smith goes on to have a HOF career, Niner fans are going to complain and say he sucked for the first 6 years of his career.

Ridiculous...
Originally posted by SoTx9R:

Totally agree

When has the TEAM ever played well for an entire game? It takes more than just one guy to execute on every snap, hell even before the snap. So if you can ask yourself that question you'll have your answer.
[ Edited by redmanc07 on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:27 AM ]

We were playing against the now 1-3 eagles. That highly touted secondary has not played well this season.

After yesterdays game they give up 217 per game putting them at 11th. Not what they are paid for but still good nonetheless And like another poster said thats the best game against them this year out of Ryan, Eli and Bradford. What does a complete game matter? Is this baseball?
[ Edited by redmanc07 on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:29 AM ]
Philly is on teh front page of ESPN every f******ing day, they loose to a great comeback and it's not even in the top headlines!!!!

I LOVE JUSTIN SMITH I LOVE GORE I LOVE ALEX SMITH I LOVE DAVIS I FRIGGIN LOVE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!