LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wooooooow!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
If I were an Eagles fan, I would be pissed also.

Over $200 million dollars between three players with a 1-3 record, yup I'd be pissed too.
HELL YA! NINERS!!!!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Otter:
He's such a huge fan, he hasn't bought a new jersey in almost two decades.

He is huge, he must weigh 400 pounds.

Honestly, he shut it off because he was about to cry. No joke, he's seriously tearing up....
eagles radio was funny as hell yesterday. my good friends are eagles fans and boy they were sad as s**t yesterday at the bar i had them ready to fight i was talking bout them so bad
Originally posted by oldman9er:
You will never get through to that one. Watched him for a long time. He will never come around to Alex Smith.

Glad to see you somewhat staying open, JC... backwards compliments at times or not.

I'm only being picky at Alex not being able to make those incredible off-step throws.

Alex is playing great through 4 games now. Not good, but great. All you can ask from the guy is to find the open guys within the offense. That is Montanesque and the reason why the media and other people never bought into Montana because he wouldn't have those lights out games.

If Vick played within the offense and checked down to the open receiver within the play, we don't win vs the Eagles. QB's should have that gunslinger mentality, but this year, the coaches are letting them get carried away with it and there's no responsibility for playing a sound game. That's why we are seeing a lot of these high numbers put up in losses.
Note: We didn't get lucky this game. We didn't come back by doing trick plays and onside kicks. We came back running a balanced offense and with a hustle defensive play to end it.

Mora Jr. also pointed out early how the Eagles' ball carriers were not securing the ball and it came out that he was right at the end. Also good thing Maclin had a hurt hammy.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Maybe if his big ass was on their D-Line they couldve shut down FRANK THE TANK!
Note: We didn't get lucky this game. We didn't come back by doing trick plays and onside kicks. We came back running a balanced offense and with a hustle defensive play to end it.

Mora Jr. also pointed out early how the Eagles' ball carriers were not securing the ball and it came out that he was right at the end. Also good thing Maclin had a hurt hammy.

Yes, this Win wasn't given to us , we went out there took it
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ronnie Brown did kind of "hand it" to us. That was the worst example of ball control I've ever seen.

Originally posted by Nuns:

Ronnie Brown did kind of "hand it" to us. That was the worst example of ball control I've ever seen.

Don't worry, Alex Smith handed them one also.
Originally posted by Nuns:

i counter that with Alex's drop fumble in 9ers side of the field which lead to points
The refs didn't try to screw us with any super big, major calls this week. Probably because they have a common hatred for Vick. I loved it.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The player of the game is Frank Gore.

The go ahead TD drive was dominated by Gore and Hunter. The final drive when the niners simply needed a first down or two to secure the win (and the eagles were putting everyone at the LOS to stop the run, Gore still rumbled for 5 yards a carry and sealed the win.

Why can't the line block like that all the time...

Also, I know you don't like Smith, but considering who we were playing against and their strengths and weaknesses, I think Smith should be the bigger story.

We were playing against the now 1-3 eagles. That highly touted secondary has not played well this season.

After yesterdays game they give up 217 per game putting them at 11th. Not what they are paid for but still good nonetheless And like another poster said thats the best game against them this year out of Ryan, Eli and Bradford. What does a complete game matter? Is this baseball?

It matter because we can't win game very often trailing by 17 and hoping the other team implodes i.e dumb fumbles and 2 missed FG's.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
The refs didn't try to screw us with any super big, major calls this week. Probably because they have a common hatred for Vick. I loved it.

Even Alex got a roughing the passer call
Share 49ersWebzone