There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SF 49ERS VS. HOU TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 3)***

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i say tremain brock shuts down Andre!!! this guy came out of nowhere and looks like our best CB so far.

uhh what? he didn't look to special last night

Brock better hope he can at least contain THE BEST WR in the NFL, this game will be a challenge like no other

Hopefully Spencer and Rogers are back. I don't want to see Brock starting for us ever again. At least for a long time. The kid is still very raw and just plain not very good, at least yet.

Our secondary with Spencer and Rogers is good enough but it will face a true test next week against the texans.
I hope our starters are back this week
Great test if we have our main guys out there. All eyes on our O-Line against this D-Line for me.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Great test if we have our main guys out there. All eyes on our O-Line against this D-Line for me.
Very true. A huge test for Chilo and Anthony versus JJ Watt, who destroyed the Jets, and played fairly well against Jahri Evans and the Saints. I don't like this matchup for Niners' fans.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Very true. A huge test for Chilo and Anthony versus JJ Watt, who destroyed the Jets, and played fairly well against Jahri Evans and the Saints. I don't like this matchup for Niners' fans.

You think he looks better than Aldon at this point?
Originally posted by wilcher:
Staley will be tested by super Mario. This game should decide who is number 2 between Dixon and hunter.

Super Mario is making the transition to OLB in the Texans' 3-4. Reports are that Williams has been so-so at OLB through his first two preseason games. I don't expect Staley to have too much of an issue with him.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Last time we played the Texans Staley held him pretty well, but I recall Frank Gore blowing him up the most on stunts.
Very true. But this time I think their front has a very different look. Should be a great match up.
We will destroy the Texans...... Plain & simple
If the OL blocks well, I just want to see us make good decisions all around on first and second downs. Secondary is looking solid so far but the run defense needs to be more stout.

I would also like to see Alex scramble for a good chunk of yards on one play. He is very statuesque for a "mobile" QB.
cant wait to see if our line can manhandle theirs like they did to the raiders. all our success or lack of success this year will depend on the line.
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i say tremain brock shuts down Andre!!! this guy came out of nowhere and looks like our best CB so far.

Forward to 2:09

lol ive seen this a few times and its funny everytime hahaha. brock has looked really good for a rookie, im not sayin hes gonna shut down andre, its sprinkled lightly with sarcasm and wishful thinking lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
I really think the Texans are quite good this year, maybe a top 5 team even
so when does Spencer and Rodgers come back to us?
KILL THAT MOTHERf**kER PATRICK WILLIS
It all dedends on what we are working on this week. Are we going to run 5 out of 6 times in the red zone or play call like a real game? If the Texans are blitzing that much then JH had better work like crazy on the blitz pick-up again this week. Not such a bad move because our D gets to work on it's blitzes at the same time. They could use the work. Our qb pressure fell of this last game. I hope Rogers and Spencer are back this week so we can get a better idea of what we have on D.