There are 285 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. HOU TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 3)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
It all dedends on what we are working on this week. Are we going to run 5 out of 6 times in the red zone or play call like a real game? If the Texans are blitzing that much then JH had better work like crazy on the blitz pick-up again this week. Not such a bad move because our D gets to work on it's blitzes at the same time. They could use the work. Our qb pressure fell of this last game. I hope Rogers and Spencer are back this week so we can get a better idea of what we have on D.

I think you are correct in that coach is using these preseason games to work on specific details for each of our units. I'm not so worried about wins or losses in the preseason as much as I like to see that we are becoming more fluid within the new schemes. Love the progress last week, lets hope we see more of that!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
lol ive seen this a few times and its funny everytime hahaha. brock has looked really good for a rookie, im not sayin hes gonna shut down andre, its sprinkled lightly with sarcasm and wishful thinking lol

brocks not a rookie, I thought he was with us on the ps last year?

I could be wrong though.

I can't wait, if spencer and rodgers are playing in this one, its a good test for our dbs against houston & schaub.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
how come espn said we were playing monday night vs the Vikings?
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
how come espn said we were playing monday night vs the Vikings?

Maybe we are in another universe.
This is the ideal game to test a solid 3-4 group under Phillips, the same VS their ground attack. Nice litmus test to see where we really are, IMO.

Looking forward to this match up!
Should be a good one. 3rd preseason game is the best one cause they typically play the starter 1/2 to 3/4 of the game.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Should be a good one. 3rd preseason game is the best one cause they typically play the starter 1/2 to 3/4 of the game.

Well not only that, but the raiders werent really a test of our defense IMO other than possibly their rushing attack. Houstons offense is years ahead of the raiders, so it should be itneresting.
Originally posted by valrod33:
KILL THAT MOTHERf**kER PATRICK WILLIS

I hate the grammar police just as much as the rest of you guys, but the sentence above implies that we should kill Patrick Willis -- not cool. haha

The sentence should read: KILL THAT MOTHERf**kER (insert comma here), PATRICK WILLIS; This implies that Patrick Willis should, instead, be the one doing the killing.

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
I hate the grammar police just as much as the rest of you guys, but the sentence above implies that we should kill Patrick Willis -- not cool. haha

The sentence should read: KILL THAT MOTHERf**kER (insert comma here), PATRICK WILLIS; This implies that Patrick Willis should, instead, be the one doing the killing.

maybe i want Patrick Willis dead

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
lol ive seen this a few times and its funny everytime hahaha. brock has looked really good for a rookie, im not sayin hes gonna shut down andre, its sprinkled lightly with sarcasm and wishful thinking lol

brocks not a rookie, I thought he was with us on the ps last year?

I could be wrong though.

I can't wait, if spencer and rodgers are playing in this one, its a good test for our dbs against houston & schaub.

i could sworn he was but i may be wrong. either way hes very young and looks to have a bright future. i like what ive seen so far
If we didnt play so good this past weekend Id be worried but Im excited to see what else we got to show........come Crabtree get back already......

Patrick Willis is Immortal, Thought you knew?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Share 49ersWebzone