There are 219 users in the forums

Peyton coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
watch him test FA, go somewhere else, and explode into some monster stud WR. I will kick something. kick it to death.

Yeah like New England or New Orleans.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Yeah like New England or New Orleans.

hes going to explode where ever he goes

he was looking like our #1 WR last year early in the season despite the limitations to the playbook before he got injured
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Morgan is too similar to Crabtree. They do not complement each other. Using the Cowboys comparison, /LMFAO, if Crabtree is Irvin, we need to find Harper.

I would rather keep Morgan and trade Crabs...save money, get picks, and have less crap to deal with

Crap like what? His near 1000 yard season or game breaking plays?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Morgan is too similar to Crabtree. They do not complement each other. Using the Cowboys comparison, /LMFAO, if Crabtree is Irvin, we need to find Harper.

I would rather keep Morgan and trade Crabs...save money, get picks, and have less crap to deal with

This. And his selfless and team play?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Morgan would be a solid #3 and back up to Crabtree, and this a good draft to find a #2 receiver or a receiver to push Crabtree.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

This. And his selfless and team play?
We all know that diva/cancer types are the ones who lay devastating blocks the whole season
Can't see any other team making a huge offer. We think he may be about to have a break out year, but we are biased. I don't think there is any aspect of his game that is great. He is just a good steady pair of hands who works well with Smith.

No one is going to throw dollar bills at him. Too many other FA and draft options. He will be back and hopefully have a good season.

Crabtree and Morgan too similar?

Crabs is an underneath route possession receiver, Morgan is a big bodied redzone threat.
Morgan is going to sign with the Redskins

He scored 4 TD's all year, did 0 in the playoffs, and had a retarded amount of drops.

For a top pick making his salary blocking shouldn't be his best attribute. He had 1 100 yard game against a s**t D and had his biggest games against NFC West teams. And we have to draft a WR because he cant do anything on his own apparently...so we have a top pick who is useless until we draft another high pick.....?

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
watch him test FA, go somewhere else, and explode into some monster stud WR. I will kick something. kick it to death.

An oak tree maybe?

Bengal tiger? Lion? Bear? Great white?

He scored 4 TD's all year, did 0 in the playoffs, and had a retarded amount of drops.

For a top pick making his salary blocking shouldn't be his best attribute. He had 1 100 yard game against a s**t D and had his biggest games against NFC West teams. And we have to draft a WR because he cant do anything on his own apparently...so we have a top pick who is useless until we draft another high pick.....?

Not everyone can be megatron or Andre Johnson
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Not everyone can be megatron or Andre Johnson

Fair point but Crabtree and Morgan are more smiliar then Crabtree and Johnson....for the price I would prefer Morgan.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
As much as I liked the Spillman signing (and Brooks) I wonder what the psychological impact is to the remaining FAs? You gotta think Morgan is like, " They gave Spillman how much? they at least need to pay me X then!!"

Spillman got $1.8 million guaranteed on a 3 year deal. Why would any other player think anything of it?
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
As much as I liked the Spillman signing (and Brooks) I wonder what the psychological impact is to the remaining FAs? You gotta think Morgan is like, " They gave Spillman how much? they at least need to pay me X then!!"

Spillman got $1.8 million guaranteed on a 3 year deal. Why would any other player think anything of it?

I know what you're saying, but the headline reads, 3 years for 6million. The simple math is 2 million a year. And he's just a special teamer, an elite one I conceed. Josh Morgan on the there hand just finished a 4yr 1.8 million dollar contrace (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/josh-morgan/). Yes, you read that right. 1.8 million for four years of service. There is no doubt he wants and should get paid.

The logic behind what he's thinking (or could be) about Spillman is pretty simple, "If they are willing to pay Spillman in one year what I made in four, they should pay me a lot more and with some back pay."
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone