LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

Nate Byham out for season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by E-49er:
Byham is our desgnated blocking TE. The guy was an important piece in our running game. Baalke will need to pickup a replacement if we are going to have success on the ground. FO needs to get their rears in gear and start signing otherwise open tryouts are coming.lol.

I agree. Byham is versatile enough to be used as a TE, FB, H-back. Now we don't have that flexibility with the offense.

I hope he gets healthy fast.
Hello Konrad Reuland! Our new third TE/H back.
Originally posted by ebayniner:
Idiots when I left this board 6yrs ago, Idiots still. If you can't even show respect for the players when they suffer potential career ending injuries how in hell do you expect to attract quality free agents. Un educated fans/trolls.

But, here's a thought valrod, bizznasty and the other two. Take a few mins and visit the Pats, Jets, Packers, Colts or Saints boards and let me know if their fans disparage their players the way you a holes just did with Byham. Good kid, hard worker, **** blocker and from what I heard he worked his a** off during the lockout to really contribute this year.

Moderator? Isn't valrod a mod. Geez.

Excellent post. Totally agree!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
This sucks. Solid blocking TE paired with soft mitts.

Yep, hope a speedy recovery
Oh man this sucks......but I have faith that this will only make him better for next season.....bounce back kid.......he'll be fine, he's a hard worker, this shouldnt slow him down.......
That is sad. But he'll comeback better and stronger!
Zach Miller is in the building for Seattle. We should give him a call. That kid is a stud!
we always lose a quality backup for the season every damn year before preseason even starts
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Zach Miller is in the building for Seattle. We should give him a call. That kid is a stud!

Why sign a vernon davis-like player when all you need is a run blocker?..I know harbaugh likes his TE's, but there are much bigger needs to put the big money in to right now.(If we put it into anything at all lol).

I understand it's harder to know who of the FA Tight ends are good blockers though, it's more fun to just shout out the top guy's name and hope he comes here. But like asomugha, we know how that story ends.
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Why sign a vernon davis-like player when all you need is a run blocker?..I know harbaugh likes his TE's, but there are much bigger needs to put the big money in to right now.(If we put it into anything at all lol).

I understand it's harder to know who of the FA Tight ends are good blockers though, it's more fun to just shout out the top guy's name and hope he comes here. But like asomugha, we know how that story ends.

Harbaugh likes TEs a lot. He is the "anti-Martz" if you will.

i think he is gonna surprise alot of people this off season. he had good hands.. i think hes an upgrade over walker
Originally posted by tankle104:
i think he is gonna surprise alot of people this off season. he had good hands.. i think hes an upgrade over walker

blocking yes, recieving no
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by tankle104:

blocking yes, recieving no

idk why people are all on delanie walkers jock. from the lil bit of catches i saw of byham in preseason and the regular season when he did play. he seemed good at it. walker has droppped touchdown passes cause his hands were not placed properly... who the f*ck in the nfl does that?!
slowly but surely delanie might get fazed out, you'll start seeing bigger TEs on this team like harbaugh had in stanford
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
slowly but surely delanie might get fazed out, you'll start seeing bigger TEs on this team like harbaugh had in stanford

I thought Harbaugh loved Dwalker?
Share 49ersWebzone