There are 187 users in the forums

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
at this point we have to get rogers even overpay a mil or so a year, its worth keeping the better wrs like rice sims walker from lighting us up, if we do not pull the trigger on rogers the only cb left that could help is samuel and possibly lito sheppard.

this is pathetic. THIS IS NOT A PLAN to miss out on good free agents that can help your team that lost some of its good to solid starters.
Why haven't we signed this guy?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Why haven't we signed this guy?

Didn't you hear? We have a plan

[ Edited by olapac on Aug 2, 2011 at 09:50:18 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Well there is nothing left but to go sign the guy, time's tickin baaaaaalke.

Well if someone signs Rogers besides us, I think the only option left is to sign Phillip Buchanon AND Kelly Jennings. I'm not sold on any depth after Spencer, especially now that Curtis Holcomb went down.

Kelly Jennings is horrible. I've always liked Buchanon since his Oakland days

Jennings is actually pretty decent in coverage, just not that great against the run. And I was thinking of Jennings more at NCB rather than as a starter.

Well if someone signs Rogers besides us, I think the only option left is to sign Phillip Buchanon AND Kelly Jennings. I'm not sold on any depth after Spencer, especially now that Curtis Holcomb went down.

Jennings is actually pretty decent in coverage, just not that great against the run. And I was thinking of Jennings more at NCB rather than as a starter.

didnt jennings resign with sea
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by elguapo:

didnt jennings resign with sea

According to NFL.com not yet, still a free agent.

nvm your right.

Quote:
Kelly Jennings - DB - Seahawks

Seahawks re-signed CB Kelly Jennings to a one-year contract.
Jennings found a soft market for his services, so he signs a one-year deal and will look to hit the market again in 2012. The former first-round pick will play a nickel or dime role for coach Pete Carroll's defense.

[ Edited by Kolohe on Aug 2, 2011 at 09:54:31 ]
Originally posted by Neener:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

LMAO that's brilliant

credit to susweel it was his idea, i just made it

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!!!

We have a load of nickle and dime CB's. Just no solid starter to line up across Spencer.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

We have a load of nickle and dime CB's. Just no solid starter to line up across Spencer.

Kelly Jennings re-signed with Seattle, and Phillip Buchanon re-signed with Washington. Check NFL.com's free agency tracker.

Quote:
Phillip Buchanon | CB 2010 Team: Washington Exp: 9 years
Analysis:

The Washington Post reported Monday that the Redskins have agreed to terms on a deal that will bring the cornerback back to Washington for a second season.

Quote:
Kelly Jennings | CB 2010 Team: Seattle Exp: 5 years
Analysis: Jennings will return to the Seahawks on a one-year deal, Sports Illustrated reported Monday via Twitter.

Jennings was a first-round pick in the 2006 draft, but he hasn't given the Seahawks the shutdown cornerback they expected. He has just two interceptions in 78 career games.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency
Originally posted by Neener:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

LMAO that's brilliant

credit to susweel it was his idea, i just made it

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

lol someone named miles johnson posted this on facebook and tagged delanie walker and brian jennings

Silly Baalke, Free Agents are for serious NFL franchises
Hurry up and sign this fool!

Fan morale, whatever is left of it, needs something.
Baalke needs to get this dude up in the helicopter like Nolan did with Justin Smith, we're getting desperate and need to get creative with the recruiting tactics.
I'm starting to really think the plan this season is to pretty much just tank it and get the highest pick possible in the next draft ... of course they're hoping for Andrew Luck.
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Baalke needs to get this dude up in the helicopter like Nolan did with Justin Smith, we're getting desperate and need to get creative with the recruiting tactics.

one thing I will say about Nolan, that guy could draft and recruit.
Share 49ersWebzone