Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

LMAO that's brilliant

credit to susweel it was his idea, i just made it

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

U guys act like we haven't tried.. most guys we have targeted want contenders. And our FO was smart enough not to overpay, thank god we don't have some of u guys running the show
Originally posted by CrabsAndVD:
U guys act like we haven't tried.. most guys we have targeted want contenders. And our FO was smart enough not to overpay, thank god we don't have some of u guys running the show

Agreed, if every FA has to be overpaid to play here we´d end up as Washington
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

Agreed, if every FA has to be overpaid to play here we´d end up as Washington

You guys are right but apparently that's the problem... Free agents don't want to come here and if Baalke won't pay extra to lure them then trades and the draft are the only way.

Of course we can always just sign a bunch of rejects nobody wants and hope a gem or two pops up. Good luck with that... Andrew Luck, that is.
Baalke was part of the Redskins team that drafted Carlos Rogers per MB:
[url=http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/02/3810189/49ers-get-veteran-safety-madieu.html#mi_rss=49ers]
The 49ers' most pressing need is not safety but cornerback, where the team is trying to replace departed starter Nate Clements, who signed with the Bengals last week. The 49ers have shown interest in one of the few free-agent starters still available, Carlos Rogers of the Redskins. San Francisco general manager Trent Baalke was part of Washington's personnel department when it drafted Rogers with the ninth overall selection in 2005. Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/02/3810189/49ers-get-veteran-safety-madieu.html#ixzz1Tsh9OHuJ[/url]

Contenders? You can say that about Nnamdi but not all of the CBs and other free agent on the open market could say that. Richard Marshall went to Arizona; Josh Wilson left Baltimore to play for the Redskins. You can argue that the Cards are better than us on paper, but not Washington.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Well there is nothing left but to go sign the guy, time's tickin baaaaaalke.

Well if someone signs Rogers besides us, I think the only option left is to sign Phillip Buchanon AND Kelly Jennings. I'm not sold on any depth after Spencer, especially now that Curtis Holcomb went down.

Kelly Jennings is horrible. I've always liked Buchanon since his Oakland days

I believe he re signed with the Skins. Basically Rodgers is the best name left out there. Probably a slight bidding war going on with whatever teams are interested.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:

Well if someone signs Rogers besides us, I think the only option left is to sign Phillip Buchanon AND Kelly Jennings. I'm not sold on any depth after Spencer, especially now that Curtis Holcomb went down.

I believe he re signed with the Skins. Basically Rodgers is the best name left out there. Probably a slight bidding war going on with whatever teams are interested.

I know I just saw that last night. Now the market is really getting thin, we need to act fast and put some money out there.
Center - 1st Kreutz - Bears
2nd Goodwin - Saints

WR - Floyd - Chargers [I really believ Craptree won't be as good ad advertised]
Smith Giants
[Floyd could be our #1 and since we have so much $ I'd pick up both of these WR]

CB - Samuel - Eagles [Instead of Trade give them $]
Rodgers - Redskins - bad hands but can cover which a CB get paid to do]

S - Brodrick Pool - Jets [Not great but above average

With 30 Million under the cap I feel we will be making one or two big deals [Mightb be wishful thinking]

I know I just saw that last night. Now the market is really getting thin, we need to act fast and put some money out there.

This was fast and not good for the skins who just signed him yesterday

Redskins CB Phillip Buchanon has been suspended for the first four games of the season. This is the fastest suspension ever.

The suspension is league-issued, but there's no word yet on the reason. We suspect it pertains to the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. The Redskins will have to look elsewhere for help in the nickel.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/02/phillip-buchanon-suspended-four-games-by-nfl/

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I'd be happy with the following:

Kreutz
Rogers
Franklin
Floyd
kreutz or ohara
rogers or samuel
floyd or edwards
whitner or goldson

i cant believe the front office is full of it. ANY team can justify spending some money and overpaying a bit for a few free agents that will help them win......even 1 ridiculous signing is ok, a team will survive and still be under the cap for this overpaying of a good player.

REMEMBER when our gm and coaches said they were spending all offseason looking at our free agents AND OTHER TEAMS FREE AGENTS????

well we didnt stop so of our own free agents from signing elsewhere and it seems like we only have really went after a cb, k, and wr in ochocinco, i dont know why we didnt offer a 4th rounder or a better deal than NE did.

Did the front office mislead us? they stated they looked at all available fa targets
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
My list is pretty "big", but attainable. Gimme; Carlos Rodgers, Floyd, and Kruentz. Then resign Goldson and Franklin. That's it for me. If I could add a "wild out on a limb crazy wish" I'd like a trade of Asante Samuel, but then I'd have to wake up from da dream then right ??

Rodgers Floyd Kreutz Goldson Franklin. We need those five.
Originally posted by elguapo:
kreutz or ohara
rogers or samuel
floyd or edwards
whitner or goldson

i cant believe the front office is full of it. ANY team can justify spending some money and overpaying a bit for a few free agents that will help them win......even 1 ridiculous signing is ok, a team will survive and still be under the cap for this overpaying of a good player.

REMEMBER when our gm and coaches said they were spending all offseason looking at our free agents AND OTHER TEAMS FREE AGENTS????

well we didnt stop so of our own free agents from signing elsewhere and it seems like we only have really went after a cb, k, and wr in ochocinco, i dont know why we didnt offer a 4th rounder or a better deal than NE did.

Did the front office mislead us? they stated they looked at all available fa targets

Well they arn't going to call themselves incompetant....

This was fast and not good for the skins who just signed him yesterday

Redskins CB Phillip Buchanon has been suspended for the first four games of the season. This is the fastest suspension ever.

The suspension is league-issued, but there's no word yet on the reason. We suspect it pertains to the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. The Redskins will have to look elsewhere for help in the nickel.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/02/phillip-buchanon-suspended-four-games-by-nfl/

Guess who's back in the market for a corner...
Share 49ersWebzone