LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 414 users in the forums

Welcome Back, Larry Grant!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
A ghost from the past has rejoined the team, Larry Grant, formerly a 7th rounder by the Niners a few years ago. The Niners poached their divisional rvials, the Rams, of Grant, who supposedly will compete for an ILB position on the team.

Grant played at Ohio State, and after being draft, and then released by the Niners, started as a rookie at outside linebacker for the Rams.

Grant is a terrific special teams player, and this may get him a spot on the 53 man roster. We will have to see.

Here was the story on Rotoworld:
49ers agreed to terms with LB Larry Grant, formerly of the Rams.
A seventh-round pick of the 49ers in 2008, Grant ended up in St. Louis where he struggled in both pass and run defense the past three seasons. A natural 3-4 inside linebacker, he should be used almost exclusively on special teams if he cracks the 49ers' 53-man roster.

Larry Grant Signs with the Niners

Are you sick?
I hate how everytime I come to this site, there is a picture of some big name free agent, and then it says were interested, and then he signs with some other team....... Sux!
A ghost from the past has rejoined the team, Larry Grant, formerly a 7th rounder by the Niners a few years ago. The Niners poached their divisional rvials, the Rams, of Grant, who supposedly will compete for an ILB position on the team.

Grant played at Ohio State, and after being draft, and then released by the Niners, started as a rookie at outside linebacker for the Rams.

Grant is a terrific special teams player, and this may get him a spot on the 53 man roster. We will have to see.

A seventh-round pick of the 49ers in 2008, Grant ended up in St. Louis where he struggled in both pass and run defense the past three seasons. A natural 3-4 inside linebacker, he should be used almost exclusively on special teams if he cracks the 49ers' 53-man roster.

Rotoworld has it wrong.

Grant was signed off the Niners' practice squad. He wasn't released.
another pro bowler...

49ers sign FB Jack Corcoran to 3-year deal. Was on Titans practice squad in '10 as a rookie. Teammate of Anthony Davis at Rutgers
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Are you sick?

I AM
Originally posted by redrathman:

Rotoworld has it wrong.

Grant was signed off the Niners' practice squad. He wasn't released.

dont u have to be released to end up on the practice squad
I wonder if they asked Willis to take a pay cut for cap room?

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:34:36 ]
actually a good signing, he was good in STL. I was pissed when he was claimed by them.

He will have a shot at LB and ST to make the 53 man.

U know I am getting sick of everyone b***hing. Its not easy to get a bunch of great players, and as always u dont build thru FA.

And honestly if we were to sign multiple players to big deals, we wont be able to fit them under the new cap structure. So get use to it.

And enough b***hing and support the damn team. I am so sick of everyone being mad cause we lost Baas, Spikes. Didnt get Nnamdi, he wanted to be on a winner, and frankly he took less to go to Philly, and I dont blame him.

And for those mad about Goldson and Lawson, face facts they dont deserve deals they want.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Baalke's plan is to sign scrub players and let top players sign with other teams.

Wow

Please just stop.

The plan is the same as they have stated all along. They are going to be smart, they place a value on guys and aren't going to grossly overpay. It's what the Pats do year in year out, only difference is the Pats are established and have a strong locker room which in recent years has allowed them to take risks on players who have had character concerns. Prior to that New England would let their own guys walk if their demands exceed the value the Patriots had on them (see Deion Branch, David Givens, Asante Samuel etc).

Just because you don't agree with this tried and true method does not mean it does not work.
Awesome. Let's transition him to a CB.

Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Awesome. Let's transition him to a CB.

The front office is killing it! With these signings, our practice squad would own any other practice squad in the league.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
The front office is killing it! With these signings, our practice squad would own any other practice squad in the league.

lmao.

Yeah lets go overpay for mediocre players who think deserve high dollars cause their arent any real big name guys out their.

Kolb, 63M LMAO
Charles Johnson 72M HAHAHA
Baas 26M LMAO Overrated
Spikes 3yr deal not worth it.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
U know I am getting sick of everyone b***hing. Its not easy to get a bunch of great players, and as always u dont build thru FA.

And enough b***hing and support the damn team. I am so sick of everyone being mad cause we lost Baas, Spikes. Didnt get Nnamdi, he wanted to be on a winner, and frankly he took less to go to Philly, and I dont blame him.

Amen, brother! I liked Larry Grant and am glad to have him back. Next time a team wins a Super Bowl via mass f/a signings I'll change my tune but that generally ends badly and we're NOT 'one player away' to where a guy like Nnamdi would have got us there. I'm still bummed Spikes is gone, but football is back and I'm interested to see what an upgrade at COACH will do for our current squad.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:

lmao.

Yeah lets go overpay for mediocre players who think deserve high dollars cause their arent any real big name guys out their.

Kolb, 63M LMAO
Charles Johnson 72M HAHAHA
Baas 26M LMAO Overrated
Spikes 3yr deal not worth it.

if they signed 2 or 3 solid starters, not top of the line fa's i thnk ppl would be ok with that, problem is all those solid guys are starting to sign elsewhere, some of them in the div like richard marshall
Share 49ersWebzone