There are 198 users in the forums

Welcome Back, Larry Grant!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We this guy on our roster that's at least 2 more wins this year.

[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:09:40 ]
love this quote from rotoworld on grant "Grant ended up in St. Louis where he struggled in both pass and run defense the past three seasons."
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Remember, camp is expanded to 90 players this year... they need scrubs to compete.

theres more scrubs than legit players on the roster, scrubs competing with scrubs still mean scrubs make the roster right?

If they land a bigger name, they can always cut a scrub. This is how training camp works.
I guess nick barnett doesn't have the credentials that Larry Grant has.
lmao that is a slap in the face
Remember, camp is expanded to 90 players this year... they need scrubs to compete.

theres more scrubs than legit players on the roster, scrubs competing with scrubs still mean scrubs make the roster right?

If they land a bigger name, they can always cut a scrub. This is how training camp works.

if they land a bigger name, are u paying attention? the bigger names are all dropping hour by hour and we're sginging larry grant and david akers....i didnt want massive splash in FA, i wanted a few solid starters and they all signing elsewhere
Is Trent just pulling names out of a hat now?
LOL wow. Well theres our block buster move. Better call a press conference right away.
A ghost from the past has rejoined the team, Larry Grant, formerly a 7th rounder by the Niners a few years ago. The Niners poached their divisional rvials, the Rams, of Grant, who supposedly will compete for an ILB position on the team.

Grant played at Ohio State, and after being draft, and then released by the Niners, started as a rookie at outside linebacker for the Rams.

Grant is a terrific special teams player, and this may get him a spot on the 53 man roster. We will have to see.

Here was the story on Rotoworld:
49ers agreed to terms with LB Larry Grant, formerly of the Rams.
A seventh-round pick of the 49ers in 2008, Grant ended up in St. Louis where he struggled in both pass and run defense the past three seasons. A natural 3-4 inside linebacker, he should be used almost exclusively on special teams if he cracks the 49ers' 53-man roster.

Larry Grant Signs with the Niners

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:24:26 ]

if they land a bigger name, are u paying attention? the bigger names are all dropping hour by hour and we're sginging larry grant and david akers....i didnt want massive splash in FA, i wanted a few solid starters and they all signing elsewhere

I agree we have been quiet so far but you are over reacting to this acquisition. We need 90 players on a roster, obviously he is a likely candidate to not make it, just like 40 other players on the initial roster

lol
Get used to seeing these kind of moves this offseason.
What's interesting is he stacked on 15 pounds since he was drafted. At 235, he was not a candidate to play TED. At 251 now, however, he is a prime candidate, especially with no one suited to play the position.

I do not want to see Bowman playing inside. He is NOT built to take on blockers. He is built to use his range and speed to track down ball-carriers, rush the passer, cover, and make plays. Bowman is the antithesis of Spikes and that's why he struggled.. MIGHTILY.. when they put him at TED.

We need to put someone else at TED next to Willis. Bowman is not the guy, in my opinion, and if we leave him there, we're soon going to find out he just doesn't do well at that spot. He's a MIKE/SAM tweener.

Ideally, you'd want the depth chart to look like this (with what we currently have..)

SOLB:
Bowman
Brooks
Gibson

LILB
McKillop
Grant
Bruce Miller

RILB:
Willis
Bowman
Kristick

WOLB:
Aldon Smith
Haralson

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:27:15 ]
Maybe some overwhelming faith in this staffs ability to get players to play beyond their level? We haven't seen it in so long maybe we have a hard time believing it will happen.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Baalke's plan is to sign scrub players and let top players sign with other teams.

Wow
Share 49ersWebzone