There are 160 users in the forums

Anyone think Josh Morgan can breakout this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He is what he is. A 3rd receiver at best.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
He'll always be a number 3. I see Cederick Wilson in him.

for being picked in the 6th round of the draft , i dont think hes a bad player. we have to remember he was never supposed to be a superstar. so if he turns out to be cedric it was still a great value pick....
Originally posted by lancsfinest:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
He'll always be a number 3. I see Cederick Wilson in him.

for being picked in the 6th round of the draft , i dont think hes a bad player. we have to remember he was never supposed to be a superstar. so if he turns out to be cedric it was still a great value pick....

agreed, he definitely exceeded his draft value and him turning into anything more than a #3 is a great bonus (and a bonus in my opinion we'll never see).
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I will never forget when he caught that 60 yard bomb then slowed up and got tackled at the 5 yard line...

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:21:32 ]
Yes I do. Breakout might be the wrong word. More productive? Yes. A lot of zoners are s**ttin on him but I don't care I like the kid's attitude and work ethic. Much better than a certain 1st rounder's.

6th rounder, remember that. QB and HC carousel and he still has been productive.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
SIGN BURRESS
we'll need a legit #1 WR before this happens.
I see Ronald Johnson having a better year......
Im more happy with Morgan then i am With Craptree at this point, If Crabs doesnt pull his head out of his diva ass imo we should trade his punk ass soon!

If i had the choicd to resign either Craptree or A. Smith it would be Smith no contest.

Stop being a lil p***y craptree!
No I don't really see him as a star. I say he's about a 2nd stringer at best.

Originally posted by Axl49:
SIGN BURRESS

As for the Morgan debate I'd say maybe. I know that is kind of a wishy washy answer, but I don't have great conviction either way, so that's the best answer I've got. As far as Burress goes, It's kind of an intriging Idea. One thing to keep in mind though. It may take a while for him to get his speed back. Remember Mike Vick the year before last? It took him a whole extra year to regain his speed. This maybe comparing apples and oranges, as speed was never as big of a factor in Plax's game as Vick's, but I can see a potential negative impact nonetheless.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Axl49:
SIGN BURRESS

As for the Morgan debate I'd say maybe. I know that is kind of a wishy washy answer, but I don't have great conviction either way, so that's the best answer I've got. As far as Burress goes, It's kind of an intriging Idea. One thing to keep in mind though. It may take a while for him to get his speed back. Remember Mike Vick the year before last? It took him a whole extra year to regain his speed. This maybe comparing apples and oranges, as speed was never as big of a factor in Plax's game as Vick's, but I can see a potential negative impact nonetheless.

Why in hell would Plax want to come here? Unless of course he discovered he batted for the other team in prison?

[ Edited by Bobbi9698 on Jul 30, 2011 at 15:28:43 ]
Breakout no , but maybe incrementally improve a little bit is likely.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
no
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Breakout no , but maybe incrementally improve a little bit is likely.

600 yards sound realistic, but that is not to be considered a breakout year.

So, no.
Share 49ersWebzone